HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe

Old Posted May 7, 2007, 1:45 AM

That's one awesome project and that Elbphilharmonie is one awesome building!

Old Posted Feb 5, 2008, 9:06 AM

I love it too.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2008, 8:32 PM
Honored Member

Would like to see this thread updated...

Old Posted Nov 28, 2009, 6:29 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
"Hochhäuser an den Elbbrücken" (proposed)

Actually i expected more from all things in Hafen-city, they had a big chance to do it better, unfortunatly buildings like the ones above will not happen in this large city. What they did until now are of good quality of course, but sincerely saying, all too close one flat top to another without good spaces among them in a huge green area, the roads are too small, too thin and no space at all for parking, there is no wide avenues at all. The architecture is all equal, some times, too confusing in small boring blocks, like the new Unilever building without good windows. Many of them are just Bauhaus blocks of the 60ies other way interpreted and the colors some times is repetitive in those depressive old way of dark bricks. For a city with 6 months without sun during year, it should be better choices imo. It seems the old repeated in a called 'new', without any innovations. There is no landmark at all and the Marco Polo Terrace is too close to the Unilever building with so much space at side, so bad placed. So for me seems all bad planned, at least what i saw built until now. That Wow made me not. It was for me too much waste money in a what dissappointed way to build. I would do less equal buildings in quantity and more in midrises alternating highrises with more green & parking space and huge roads in between with a much more interesting architecture forms than those boxes. Too much money for a music hall that never goes to an end. Maybe this money could be more useful, than just a concert hall for few, to the whole population in other better use, like for example, when we know all suburban stations are in terrible conditions. Really disappointed knowing famous architects were supposed to invent there.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2010, 8:17 AM

The Elbphilharmonie is well under way and is looking pretty spectacular already. Speaking to a few locals back in October it is believed that there have been some significant delays on the development of the building but it is set to be completed in May 2012. I can't wait to see it when its done!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe