HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Williamsburghotel in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 10, 2013, 9:30 PM
New Yorker for life

I wonder if they will use the current design...

http://blog.archpaper.com/wordpress/archives/58465

Could Chad Oppenheim’s Slab Hotel Rise Above the Williamsburg Bridge?

April 5, 2013
Nicole Anderson

Quote:
After a two-year lull since we broke the story about a potential 440-foot-tall boutique hotel adjacent the Williamsburg Bridge, it looks like developer Juan Figueroa is moving forward with his plans to build a 250-room hotel next to his under-renovation Williamsburgh Savings Bank. The Real Deal reported that the boutique hotel could check in guests as soon as 2015.

Plans for the hotel are in the early stages and an updated design has not been released, nor has Figueroa confirmed the Oppenheim design will be used, but the hotel will reportedly top out at 40 stories, which would fit with the previously reported height of Oppenheim’s design.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2013, 1:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
I wonder if they will use the current design...
Man I hope so. I am digging that design. Its juxtaposition with the bridge in this shot is just sweet.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2018, 2:49 PM

Sneak Peek at Hybrid Hotel and Residential Tower Coming to Williamsburg

Old Posted Jul 10, 2018, 6:10 PM
Changatron

Looks like it's been reduced to 26-stories. Still it will dominate the surrounding blocks.

Old Posted May 7, 2019, 3:44 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Looks like its u/c. Due to size, see spoiler for full image.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2019, 10:47 AM

@Mods, please change name of thread to NEW YORK | 159 Broadway | 277 FT | 26 FLOORS

159 Broadway, designed by Stonehill &l Taylor Architects

Quote:
BY: MICHAEL YOUNG 8:00 AM ON SEPTEMBER 13, 2019
Excavation work for the foundations of 159 Broadway in Williamsburg, Brooklyn is nearing completion. Excavators have extracted a large amount of dirt from the property, which sits directly next to the 144-year-old landmarked Williamsburgh Savings Bank. The 26-story mixed-use residential project, which is designed by Stonehill & Taylor Architects and developed by Cornell Realty Management LLC, will yield 133,340 square feet and stand 277 feet tall.

Situated near the end of the Williamsburg Bridge and across the street from Peter Luger Steakhouse, the lack of tall structures in the immediate vicinity will lend the development a degree of prominence. New photographs from the elevated subway tracks and from the construction fence show the extent of excavation work and the scale of the building’s foundations.

Looking above from the elevated subway tracks. Photo by Michael Young

Looking through the construction fence. Photo by Michael Young

Photo by Michael Young

Quote:
Renderings show a slightly idiosyncratic massing with two distinct curtain walls. The lower and larger portion of 159 Broadway, which will contain a hotel with 251 rooms, is depicted with a light-colored, cementitious façade featuring a grid of tall, narrow spaced windows. The upper portion, meanwhile, features a curtain wall composed predominantly of glass with a tight mesh of mullions and protruding balconies on the southern elevation. This higher section has a slight cantilever on the slim western profile and will yield 21 condominiums.

A completion date for 159 Broadway Avenue has been posted on the construction fence for the summer of 2021.
NYY

Old Posted Oct 30, 2019, 11:23 AM

This is still a very attractive tower, but I'm pissed they didn't use the taller design.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2019, 3:40 PM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
This is still a very attractive tower, but I'm pissed they didn't use the taller design.
I'm not pissed, but I did like the "slab" more.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2019, 3:43 AM
Walk taker

What a depressingly cheap looking tower to ruin such a beautiful scene...

Old Posted Jul 18, 2020, 4:37 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

As of Feb 15th 2020:

Credit: Michael Young

Old Posted Jul 18, 2020, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterQM View Post

what is the still proposed? connected twin building next to the bridge called?

Chris08876: That's part of the Domino Sugar project. That will rise in due time.

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=194699

Last edited by chris08876; Jul 19, 2020 at 5:18 AM.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2020, 5:57 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

159 Broadway’s Foundation Nears Completion In Williamsburg, Brooklyn

Quote:
Foundation work is nearing completion at 159 Broadway, a 26-story mixed-use residential project in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Designed by Stonehill & Taylor Architects and developed by Cornell Realty Management LLC, the 133,340-square-foot project is located across the street from Peter Luger Steakhouse and directly abuts the 145-year-old landmarked Williamsburgh Savings Bank. The superstructure will top out at 277 feet tall and become one of the tallest buildings in the inland section of Williamsburg.

Recent photos show the reinforced concrete foundation slab poured and complete. There are a number of inner core walls and columns within the footing that are semi finished. Steel rebar can be seen protruding throughout the site, awaiting the future concrete formwork assembly and subsequent pouring. The perimeter walls also seem to be moving along in step with the rest of the progress. At this rate, it shouldn’t be long before the foundations reach street level.

The lower portion of 159 Broadway will be occupied by a 251-room hotel, while the upper half will house 21 condominiums, with some featuring long private balconies on the southern elevation. It’s unclear if the same envelope design on the northern elevation facing the Williamsburg Bridge will be repeated on the opposite side. Nonetheless, the rendering depicts an exterior contrast of a light-colored masonry envelope surrounding an orderly grid of rectangular windows, while above is a simpler reflective glass curtain wall. The slender western elevation has a slightly cantilevering, U-shaped wraparound balcony at the dividing line between the two sections. This terrace will provide clear views of the Manhattan skyline, the rising master plan for Domino Park, and the Williamsburg Bridge.

129 Broadway’s completion date is slated for the fall of 2021, as noted on the construction fence signage.
=====================
NYY

Old Posted Feb 12, 2022, 3:09 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Been a while since an update. Anybody want to pitch in to get this built?

Construction can resume immediately... just wire a lot of money to my bank account, so I can "start" this project from my "office" in Monaco.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2022, 2:24 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Williamsburg hotel project up for bankruptcy sale
Owners of planned 26-story tower at 159 Broadway filed for bankruptcy in 2020

Quote:
A Williamsburg hotel project is up for grabs in a bankruptcy sale more than four years after plans were filed for the tower at 159 Broadway.

The project, which is under construction, is being marketed by Rosewood Realty Group, the Commercial Observer reported. Bidding for the project will start at $28 million.

The owners of the planned 26-story hotel and residential tower, 159 Broadway Member and WB Bridge Hotel, reportedly filed for bankruptcy towards the end of 2020. The former has ties to Cornell Realty Management, sharing an address with Isaac Hager’s firm.

Cornell did not respond to the Observer’s request for comment.

Cornell filed plans at the site in 2018, calling for a mixed-use building with 21 residential units and 235 hotel rooms. The building was set to rise 277 feet tall and span about 96,000 square feet, including 77,000 square feet of commercial space and 18,000 square feet of residential space.

The company paid approximately $26.2 million for the site in November 2017, according to property records.
=================
https://therealdeal.com/2022/06/21/w...nkruptcy-sale/

Old Posted Jun 21, 2022, 4:24 PM
Show me the blueprints

I cant be the only one that is PERFECTLY OK with this tower not happening. I NEVER liked the fact it both blocked the bridge view from the east AND the savings bank view from the bridge.

Good riddance. Something 6 floors here is better.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive