HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Sep 24, 2016, 5:51 PM
Exurb Enjoyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
The big secret? Don't enact TABOR.
See my post in the SLC Development thead.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2016, 2:00 AM

Quote:
The big secret? Don't enact TABOR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.p.hansen View Post
See my post in the SLC Development thead.
You apparently never learned to do the country two-step. The one-step is to click on your comment to a separate post by clicking on the comment number. But the two-step is much better. After you've clicked into a separate post then click back into the thread. Then copy that link (at the top) and your linked referral goes right to your comment. It's magic.

Wong is partly right as Colorado voters have to approve any tax increases. But CO Republicans have lacked any semblance of leadership. They've ranted "no new taxes" for so long they became fraidy cats.

Float a poll asking voters if they'd like to pay more gas tax for better roads and the answer is: "No, I'd prefer not to." Having heard the "no new taxes" rant forever is one problem. The 2nd issue is that they aren't given a vision of specific projects around the state for how it would fulfill lots of needs. It's been like watching the Keystone Kops.

In any case I see where this trip was organized by the Denver Metro Area Chamber Leadership Foundation... very wise of them.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2016, 4:28 PM

http://www.idahostatesman.com/entert...104538811.html

Denver band releases music video filmed at Payette Lake in McCall

Boise-turned-Denver pop-rock duo Steady Rush filmed this music video at Payette Lake in McCall, Idaho, in August 2016.

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/entert...#storylink=cpy
Video Link

Last edited by Cottonwood; Sep 28, 2016 at 5:26 PM.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2016, 8:55 AM
Aspiring Amateur

Driving to DIA the other day, I noticed they appear to be removing the earthworks/land art mounds and sign by the E-470 interchange. Anybody know what's up with that?

Old Posted Oct 10, 2016, 8:43 PM

I don't mean to put any nefarious ideas into RyanD's head but this story has to intrigue and amaze any drone owner or fan. One can only imagine the possibilities for riches.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2016, 5:26 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
I don't mean to put any nefarious ideas into RyanD's head but this story has to intrigue and amaze any drone owner or fan. One can only imagine the possibilities for riches.
Wooooowwwwwww. That's one way to use drones I guess. I'm pretty vanilla when it comes to the things. The craziest I've done was this weekend when I packed her to LA and took some pretty pictures.

Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Oct 11, 2016, 10:55 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
I'm pretty vanilla when it comes to the things
Whatever dude. #notvanilla

Old Posted Oct 12, 2016, 3:39 AM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

^

I uhhh... Used a boom lift for that photo...
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Oct 12, 2016, 2:02 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
^

I uhhh... Used a boom lift for that photo...
You mean you weren't tied into the girders on a harness after a daring climb up one of the columns?

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Oct 12, 2016, 3:13 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Quote:
You mean you weren't tied into the girders on a harness after a daring climb up one of the columns?
Bunt forgot the duct tape after countless reminders...

Old Posted Oct 14, 2016, 5:09 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

If you have 15 minutes to blow, you should watch this documentary. It's... beautiful.

Video Link

Old Posted Oct 14, 2016, 9:11 PM

I don't mean to get political or anything but, I blame the decrease in excavator numbers on global warming. We need to do something about it, damn it!

Old Posted Oct 14, 2016, 9:28 PM
Exurb Enjoyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Hill View Post
I don't mean to get political or anything but, I blame the decrease in excavator numbers on global warming. We need to do something about it, damn it!

Typical cuck comment defending a hoax that China and our Globalist overlords have perpetuated through the mainstream media. Mexicans are clearly killing all our baby excavators. They don't want us to build infrastructure, especially walls!

Last edited by s.p.hansen; Oct 14, 2016 at 10:13 PM.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2016, 6:13 PM

Money Money Money

Four thousand U.S. dollars are counted out by a banker counting currency at a bank in Westminster, Colorado November 3, 2009. REUTERS/Rick Wilking/File Photo

Dollar strengthens as election seen swinging...
Mon Nov 7, 2016 By Dion Rabouin | NEW YORK

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 5:38 PM
Denver

This never would have happened if the Democrats had supported the candidate who consistently polled as more electable (Bernie).

I will be accepting apologies from Bunt whenever he is ready.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. The establishment Democrats cost us this election.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 6:13 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottk View Post
This never would have happened if the Democrats had supported the candidate who consistently polled as more electable (Bernie).

I will be accepting apologies from Bunt whenever he is ready.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. The establishment Democrats cost us this election.
See, you're the kind of supporter I could never get behind; pointing out a single voter, out of over 100 million, and saying that they have to apologize for what they thought is right. It's just childish. They were supporting what they thought was right, just like you were. Everybody saw something in the candidate they supported and voted for them in the primaries / the general election.

There's nothing you can do now but accept the results and move along. There's a lot more that lost the Democrats the election than just "screwing over Bernie".

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 7:00 PM

Quote:
There's nothing you can do now but accept the results and move along. There's a lot more that lost the Democrats the election than just "screwing over Bernie".
While many thought I was advocating for Trump earlier I honestly was just making observations. One thing I contended was there seemed to be a large number of previously inactive voters attracted to Trump. Whether they weren't even registered or whether they were registered but often didn't bother to vote these people came out in droves in support of Trump.

I got my way when Trump killed of Ted Cruz who was the only candidate that scared me. After July, I barely followed the election. I, like many including those inside the Trump camp (to a lesser degree) assumed the polls were likely indicative of what would happen. Turns out all those previously inactive voters were missed as they weren't on anybody's radar as a likely voter.

It's like 1980 all over again and (politics aside) that Presidency turned out to be pretty good. Both parties have their pluses and minuses and the pendulum swinging back and forth is generally a good thing.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 7:58 PM
Denver

Quote:
See, you're the kind of supporter I could never get behind; pointing out a single voter, out of over 100 million, and saying that they have to apologize for what they thought is right. It's just childish. They were supporting what they thought was right, just like you were. Everybody saw something in the candidate they supported and voted for them in the primaries / the general election.

no no I don't expect an apology from anyone - that was tongue in cheek.

I am pretty disappointed with the election results tho.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2016, 4:24 AM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Screw it. Nvm.

"Of course you're right." Cirrus

Old Posted Nov 10, 2016, 5:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
Screw it. Nvm.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West