HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jul 15, 2016, 8:33 PM

http://idahobusinessreview.com/files...eb-300x160.jpg

Oppenheimer Development looks to build retail/residential in downtown Idaho Falls

Quote:
Boise-based Oppenheimer Development Corp. is negotiating with the Idaho Falls Redevelopment Agency to build a 38,000-square-foot mixed-use complex on a vacant lot at the gateway to the city’s downtown.

Read more: http://idahobusinessreview.com/2016/...#ixzz4EVldj6tH

Boise, CdA firms want to redevelop Bonneville Hotel in Idaho Falls

Quote:
Two Boise affordable housing developers and a third from Coeur d’Alene are vying to redevelop the historic Bonneville Hotel in Idaho Falls. Thomas Development, The Housing Company, both of Boise, and Widmyer Corp. in Coeur d’Alene responded to a Feb. 7 request for proposals from the Idaho Falls Redevelopment Agency, which owns the hotel.

Read more: http://idahobusinessreview.com/2016/...#ixzz4EVlybAm7
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ille_Hotel.jpg

Old Posted Aug 27, 2016, 5:38 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
http://idahobusinessreview.com/files...eb-300x160.jpg

Oppenheimer Development looks to build retail/residential in downtown Idaho Falls

Boise, CdA firms want to redevelop Bonneville Hotel in Idaho Falls

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ille_Hotel.jpg

I believe the Oppenheimer building will look different, at least that is the discussion. Oppenheimer is a redevelopment project in Idaho Falls. It's easiest to think of their building in three parts. The first part was shown to the Idaho Falls RDA as only one story (which would be the most right side of this drawing). That is the northeast corner of Broadwaay and Memorial Dr. This is directly east from the Snake River and River Walk.

The next 1/3 was suppose to be open with a Splash pool and other community activities. It was suppose to be a smaller version of Boise Town Place or a different Oppenheimer project.

The last third will be condos. It's possible once Oppenheimer was awarded the contract that RDA requested changes for the building to have enclosed space and more stories on all three sections. The original plan had commercial in a design with one story. RDA wasn't super pleased that two of the three sections were only one story. So it might be RDA asked for more building, given what they paid for the property. This is known as Kelsch.

See the Bonneville below.

Last edited by N2I.F.; Aug 27, 2016 at 5:49 AM.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2016, 5:46 AM
Honored Member

The Bonneville

The Bonneville winning proposal was just announced yesterday. The Housing Authority, Karsten, Alderson and Malmo in Pocatello are the Architects and Bateman -Hall the Contractor. RDA wants some things changed.

Not everything in this video is accurate. The River District started in 1991 not 1966. Redevelopment may have started in 66 but the River District was 1991 and ends in 2018.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/bonne...roval/41382760

Old Posted Aug 27, 2016, 5:57 AM
Honored Member

We've had a ton of new projects finish, get approved or are in the planning stages.

Warner Truckland built a $10 million service center in Bonneville County at Exit #113, three miles south of Idaho Falls. It's open but the grand opening is in Sept. They are the authorized dealership and repair center for Freightliner. I believe their next center is suppose to be in Nampa.

http://www.warnertc.com/idaho-falls-id

They are in the same general area as Peterbilt and across I-15 from Doug Andrus Trucking. Other smaller trucking firms are located their too.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2016, 6:08 AM
Honored Member

Mountain West Truck Center -Idaho is north of Warner Truckland on the same road. Will be the service center and dealership for Volvo and Mack trucks.

Mtn. West Truck Center -Idaho follows a similar pattern as Warner Truckland, in that they are building truck centers 200 - 300 miles both north and south of Salt Lake City.

We don't have a firm opening date yet, but I would think by Oct. or Nov. The at the very latest.

http://www.mountainwesttrucks.com

There is more but that is enough for now.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2016, 10:08 PM

Does anyone know what is being built just northwest of the I-15 / Pancheri overpass ?

Old Posted Sep 3, 2016, 1:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop culture View Post
Does anyone know what is being built just northwest of the I-15 / Pancheri overpass ?
It is Printcraft Press. Check out their Facebook for construction photos. https://m.facebook.com/lithoflexo/

Old Posted Sep 18, 2016, 2:47 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop culture View Post
UT VISION is correct about Printcraft Press building in the old Happyville area. However, there are other developments close by. While it's small compared to what the Archdiocese of Boise is developing, there will be Townhomes west of Printcraft Press. Given how the vacant land ends, the City of Idaho Falls was gifted that land. Most likely we'll see a pocket park there as the Townhomes get completed.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2016, 3:01 AM
Honored Member

Also, while it is further south, Camping World is expanding. Pancheri is going to be extremely busy as the other Townhomes and Single homes are built.

Have you been off exit #113 where Warner Truckland, AKA Freightliner, and Mountain West Truck have built facilities?

http://www.warnertc.com/idaho-falls-id

http://www.mountainwesttrucks.com

What do you think?

Old Posted Oct 22, 2016, 12:43 AM
Honored Member

Thumbs up New Cybersecurity Bldg. & Supercomputer Buildings Needed at INL

Besides NuScale starting in a couple of years at INL with a new $2-3 million structure with 1,000 workers needed for construction and about 400 for permanent NuScale jobs, resulting in > 13,000 new, sustainable jobs in the Idaho Falls area. There are other projects at INL.

The Navy Facility we in eastern ID have known about for a year or longer. It's about $1.5 Billion and the work is already being done. The Navy thinks a new building is needed vs. trying to remodel or add on to existing buildings.

This press release is nice to share as so many in Idaho don't appreciate the other missions INL has and their work with the three universities in Idaho on Cyberspace security. More new employees have been hired for Cybersecurity R & D this year than Nuclear at INL. Something like 260 for Cyber to about 150 for Nuclear. INL would hire 200 more this year if they had the right background.

It's good to see this announcement that INL needs a new, bigger building for Cyberspace work and a second building for a new Supercomputer. The number of private and agency projects has grown tremendously the past year. For the non-security clearance only projects, students from U. of I., BSU and ISU students can be involved.

Students and faculty will also have access to the new Super Computer. The one installed in 2014 is ranked as one of the top 100 fastest in the world; the new one will be faster. No state university will ever own equipment like the Super Computer. But what an opportunity for students and staff from the three universities to collaborate with INL and access these facilities.

The buildings come under the Education Dept. in Idaho. They can fund them or bond them. So far education and Gov. Otter are totally on board. Now if the Legislature will get this done quickly so construction can start.

There could be awesome collaborations with Treasure Valley Computer/Internet companies, let alone spinoffs.

http://www.expressnews.com/news/educ...NL-9980315.php

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 4:29 PM

Rest In Peace, N2I.F.

Quote:
Annajill Hanny, 57, of Goshen, passed away Dec. 12, 2016, at her home.

See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pos....b5a1U0ay.dpuf

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 10:11 PM

Thank you for posting that Cottonwood. I was saddened to hear this. N2I.F. has been one of my very favorite forum members over the years.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2017, 5:32 PM

Some activity has begun at the site where the "Culver's ", sign is posted, at Pancheri and I-15

Old Posted Mar 6, 2017, 11:40 PM

Further large lava rock is being dug up and piled on the edges of that property. It seems it may have a fairly large footprint.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2017, 10:43 PM

There is also quite a bit of activity across the street to the east, of the proposed, Idaho Falls Events Center .

Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 12:36 PM

Springhill Suites

It looks like they are making good progress on the Springhill Suites. The Culvers appears to have most of the wood framing finished.

Last edited by flyinpenguin; Apr 29, 2017 at 4:20 AM.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 3:38 PM

BizMojo Idaho: Snake River Landing announces new project for entertainment, special events

Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 6:35 AM

I look forward to what this venue might bring to IF, while we await the coveted IFEC on the West side of the street. Framing is well underway!

Old Posted Jun 19, 2017, 4:59 PM

Updates on Area Projects, Etc.

Hello. I haven't posted in ages but I've been lurking regularly. I don't live in the area now but like to keep up on things. I am curious about a couple projects and their status.

1) How is the 17th-Hitt Rd intersection coming along? Photos would be awesome if possible.

2) Any current photos of the Sunnyside-Hitt new developments on the Ammon and I.F. sides would also be welcomed.

Thanks to those who have been posting lately. Sad to see N2IF passed.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2017, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFBoiseJunky View Post
Hello. I haven't posted in ages but I've been lurking regularly. I don't live in the area now but like to keep up on things. I am curious about a couple projects and their status.

1) How is the 17th-Hitt Rd intersection coming along? Photos would be awesome if possible.

2) Any current photos of the Sunnyside-Hitt new developments on the Ammon and I.F. sides would also be welcomed.

Thanks to those who have been posting lately. Sad to see N2IF passed.
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to share but I do have an update.

The Hitt Road/ 17th Street project is coming along nicely. It should help ease a bit of congestion for now but with so much development going on in a mere mile radius, and EITC converting to College of East Idaho this fall, I don't expect much in the way of relief in the near future.

The city is currently working on plans to widen the 17th Street/ Woodruff intersection in a couple years as that intersection is the second worst in the city and ITD is currently accepting designs for the I-15/ US-20 interchange as well.

A guy can only wonder why the loop highway idea hasn't gotten any legs underneath it, maybe they're waiting until all the available land is developed and it becomes ultra spendy to complete, I don't know.

The growth at Sand Creek Commons has all but about stopped. A new strip mall and bank have been built across the street but for now the only new tenants have been a specialty soda shop and a couple wireless stores. Ball Ventures claims to have tenants lining up to get it n but they claim to be awful picky so I don't know what's going on. They still have an anchor spot and about 8 pad sites available which is the same as it was this time a year ago. Also, there have been no plans to start development on the second phase.

Cal Ranch is close to being done with their new superstore and corporate office and it looks to me that Curlew Street is being extended to meet up to 1st Street just south of the new Kartchner apartment/ subdivision/commercial development that looks to be quite large. No idea however if Ammon is going to widen that road or if they're going to make the developers pay for it but it needs it now more than ever.

There's plenty more action going on around town just nothing major. The Jackson Hole Junction development on Sunnyside near I-15 had to cease plans due to the amount of lava rock and have recently started the process of getting the area turned over to the Redevelopment district to help with the near $1,000,000 it will take to remove the lava. They have an extreme amount of interest and have letters of intent signed, they are hoping to get going next spring.

I still think in the end, most development plans are hinging on the event center groundbreaking and if/when/where Costco decides to go if at all.

Let me know if I can fill you in on anything else. I could go on forever.

I.F. City: 56,813
I.F. Metro: 132,073
I.F. Bingham CSA: 178,025

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West