HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 30, 2016, 12:52 PM

Marcus plans mixed-use downtown development with movie theater

Quote:
The 20-story, 780,000-square-foot development would include commercial space on the ground floor, along the riverfront. The plans from the InPlace Design website show five floors of office space, eight floors of residential space and six levels of parking.

The street level could feature two restaurants, with 11,000 and 10,400 square feet; a 4,500-square-foot cafe and a health club.

The eight-screen cinema would be located at the southern end of the property, according to the plans on the website.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2016, 1:51 PM

For anyone interested in following the arena construction progress, they put up a live cam which oversees the Buck's arena site (far right), Buck's practice center (center, foreground), and new parking/apartment complex (center, background).

Buck's Live Webcam

As a bonus, the view of downtown from the camera is spectacular and you can even see NML's HQ tower construction.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2016, 4:34 PM

Council Okays Streetcar to Bucks Arena

Quote:
The first phase of the system, connecting the Lower East Side, East Town and Historic Third Ward with the Milwaukee Intermodal Station, is on-track to begin service in 2018. Utility work on the route is currently underway. Construction of the track is set to begin in the coming weeks. Work will occur in phases across the 2.1 mile route.

Concurrently underway is work on the streetcar’s lakefront extension. That spur, approved and fully-funded, will add four-tenths of a mile to the route split across E. Michigan St. and E. Clybourn St. That extension will run from N. Milwaukee St. to the base of the planned The Couture tower at N. Lincoln Memorial Dr. The lakefront extension is anticipated to open after the first phase of the streetcar opens.
Pittsburgh developer buys Walker's Point property for five-story apartment building

Quote:
“It’s our first venture into Wisconsin, the first of what we hope to be several,” Richardson said. “Our intent in the next three to four years is to do two or three projects in the Milwaukee area.”

The building could begin construction in early 2017, for completion a year later, Richardson said. He valued the development at $11 million to $12 million.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2016, 4:17 PM

Hammes Co. seeking approval for Park East office development

Quote:
City of Milwaukee officials will soon review a proposal for another new office building on North Water Street in the Park East corridor.

A group led by Brookfield developer Hammes Co. is proposing the project on vacant land northeast of East Knapp and North Water streets in what is becoming one of the city’s most active three-block stretches. Three new buildings with office space have surfaced for that area, which is a rarity in the downtown Milwaukee market that coasted for more than a decade without a ground-up, high-end office development.
That area of downtown is already one giant construction zone. Already under construction in that area is River House, North End IV, Rhythm, Bader Rutter's HQ, the new Milwaukee Buck's arena, Buck's practice facility, and the arena's parking structure. Numerous projects are close to starting construction also including Hammes proposal, Marcus mixed use office tower/movie theater, Avenir II, Brady and Water, and Wangard's other large Park East proposal. There is literally going to be cranes on every corner of the northern edge of downtown. Milwaukee is turning into the city of cranes. It's really exciting to walk around downtown and see all of this construction.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2016, 1:30 PM

A New Tower for Prospect Ave

Quote:
The tower will go before the Zoning, Neighborhoods & Development committee Tuesday from which it will ultimately go to the council. I’m guessing the full council will approve the project, even if Kovac and Bauman oppose it.
*Bauman is a piece of crap*

Old Posted Sep 6, 2016, 4:00 PM

Obviously this big news hasn't been posted yet...

The Couture project finally begins

Quote:
Milwaukee developer Rick Barrett, the owner of Barrett Lo Visionary Development, finally completed the purchase of the Downtown Transit Center from Milwaukee County Monday and will begin work on the long awaited Couture project today.
Between NML's new HQ, NML's apartment tower, and the Couture, Milwaukee now has 3 skyline-changing towers under construction. Throw in the streetcar and everything happening over at the site of the new arena along with the countless infill projects and it's tough to turn a corner in Milwaukee without seeing some sort of construction.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2016, 7:18 PM
devout Pizzatarian

^ i posted the big news in the couture thread last week: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...=200541&page=4

Old Posted Sep 7, 2016, 3:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
^ i posted the big news in the couture thread last week: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...=200541&page=4
Beat me to it. I always forget about those project threads.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2016, 5:32 PM

I have been following this page for years. Decided to join when I saw what can only be described as a staging area just west of MSOE's soccer field/parking garage.

Is this in fact just a staging area for other developments, or did something get approved for this block?

Thank you for the forum.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2016, 4:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booch View Post
I have been following this page for years. Decided to join when I saw what can only be described as a staging area just west of MSOE's soccer field/parking garage.

Is this in fact just a staging area for other developments, or did something get approved for this block?

Thank you for the forum.
It's a mystery. So far nobody knows.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 2:59 PM

Just heard back from Tom Daykin at the JS regarding that parcel.

He said that Hammes is running soil tests for a proposed office building there. I have not been able to find any mock ups for the building though.

Last edited by Booch; Sep 27, 2016 at 2:02 PM.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2016, 1:16 PM

Hotel developer proposes $279.6 million project at 4th and Wisconsin

Quote:
Milwaukee-based hotel development firm Jackson Street Holdings, LLC is proposing a $279.6 million plan at North 4th Street and Wisconsin Avenue that would include three hotels totaling 506 rooms, 130,000 square feet of convention space and 22,000 square feet of street-level restaurants, bars and cafés.

The project, to be called Nexus, would fully integrate the city’s planned downtown streetcar, according to plans from Milwaukee-based Arrival Partners, which is developing the project with Jackson Street.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2016, 6:54 PM

^Very interesting. . .

. . .

Old Posted Oct 7, 2016, 12:47 PM

Thoughts?

Old Posted Oct 8, 2016, 6:26 PM
Plenary pleasures.

Perhaps images would be helpful:

All images taken from article:
https://www.biztimes.com/2016/10/07/...postal-center/

Old Posted Oct 10, 2016, 7:51 PM

^Very nice. . .

. . .

Old Posted Oct 25, 2016, 5:06 PM

The core is up to the second floor now.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2016, 3:13 AM

Crane City 11/27/16

Just a SMALL snapshot of all the construction happening in Downtown Milwaukee's CBD...

Rhythm (right) and North End III (left)

North End IV (left) and Bader Rutter HQ (right)

North End IV

Bader Rutter HQ

Arena District

Live Block Demo

Buck's Parking and Apartment Structure

Buck's Training Center/Medical Complex

Buck's New Arena

Old Posted Nov 28, 2016, 3:20 AM

Continued...

NML HQ

Mercantile Building Expansion

Domus

5 (soon to be) towers in 1 shot...
777/Westin/NML/833/Couture (left to right)

Westin

Couture

833 East

AND since construction just started...
The Streetcar

Old Posted Nov 28, 2016, 6:08 AM

Thanks for the shots, I was in Milwaukee this weekend and was flabbergasted at how quickly it is changing. I mean it was virtually totally unrecognizable from the last time I was there even earlier this year. The entire Park East scar is under construction all at once. It's like some sort of magical economic line has been crossed that suddenly makes all vacant land near the river in Downtown Milwaukee profitable to build on. So much going on that I needed your pictures to help me understand what I was looking at!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations