HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe

Old Posted Dec 30, 2015, 5:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mville1 View Post
I was in Poland for only about a week back in May and I was thoroughly impressed. It's definitely on my list of places to revisit. I spent three days in Warsaw and the amount of construction and rehab projects I stumbled upon was tremendous. I did unintentionally shoot some photos of a few of the major projects going on, but they're probably well past being outdated.
If you have a chance, even though the photos are from some time ago it would be a great addition to the thread on current/past projects..

Old Posted Dec 31, 2015, 4:21 PM

*Disclaimer: Picture quality is not the greatest.* Additionally, if you know the name of these projects, do say so because my trip in May 2015 was more or less impromptu and I did not have the wherewithal to research updated development names etc. Also my intent was not to photograph construction projects while I was there, which shows in the total lack of focus in my photographs so my apologies.

Completed Metro Stop

New Tram Car

Old Posted Dec 31, 2015, 8:22 PM

Quote:
*Disclaimer: Picture quality is not the greatest.* Additionally, if you know the name of these projects, do say so because my trip in May 2015 was more or less impromptu and I did not have the wherewithal to research updated development names etc. Also my intent was not to photograph construction projects while I was there, which shows in the total lack of focus in my photographs so my apologies.

http://www.dreamstime.com/editorial-...-image53309535
Pics are great..When I last visited, it was the old world architecture that held my fascination. The new modern Warsaw is an added bonus.

This High-Rise is familiar..Still Under Construction..
Spire Height: ~220M / Roof Height: 180M / 49 Floors. Currently the largest Office Tower under construction in Poland as of mid 2015..

Warsaw Spire
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/warsa...s-53309535.jpg

http://www.dreamstime.com/editorial-...-image53309535

http://warehousefinder.pl/blog/news/...-warsaw-spire/

Old Posted Jan 16, 2016, 4:38 AM

Thanks Cyro! I remembered seeing the rendering on the construction fencing, but either I was too distracted by the impressive nature of the building to notice the name or it was in Polish.

And out of all the cities I've visited, Warsaw certainly ranks towards the top. The food, beer, architecture, history, and the people make it a worthwhile destination. I was also impressed by Wroclaw and Katowice, which I only got a brief look at through the window of a Deutsche Bahn bus on my way back to Berlin. If only I had more time and I had done better research, I would have spent a few days in both those cities.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2016, 5:49 AM

Seems like our Polish forummers forgot about this forum.
So how about some Warsaw Spire update for a start:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafarek View Post

IMG_9440
by Robert Frw, on Flickr

IMG_9435
by Robert Frw, on Flickr

IMG_9411
by Robert Frw, on Flickr

IMG_9405
by Robert Frw, on Flickr

IMG_9401
by Robert Frw, on Flickr

IMG_9396
by Robert Frw, on Flickr

IMG_9391
by Robert Frw, on Flickr

IMG_9390
by Robert Frw, on Flickr

IMG_9388
by Robert Frw, on Flickr

IMG_9387
by Robert Frw, on Flickr

IMG_9385
by Robert Frw, on Flickr

IMG_9379
by Robert Frw, on Flickr

IMG_9364
by Robert Frw, on Flickr

IMG_9363
by Robert Frw, on Flickr

IMG_9362
by Robert Frw, on Flickr

IMG_9360
by Robert Frw, on Flickr

IMG_9358
by Robert Frw, on Flickr

IMG_9355
by Robert Frw, on Flickr

IMG_9354
by Robert Frw, on Flickr
It might not be the best architecture (as is often the case with projects by Ghelamco) but still certainly an improvement for this drab post-industrial area (you can see a former printing house office building renovated by the developer on the picture nr 8) and many new towers should be built around it in the near future.

Interesting fact: EU FRONTEX agency is based in one of this shorter buildings on the sides.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2016, 7:31 PM

Skyliner new 195 meter project:

http://nowawarszawa.pl/skyliner-bedz...-wizualizacje/

It will be located near the Warsaw Spire and some shorter towers also just right next to the new M2 station:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_boy

Old Posted Jan 19, 2016, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks Cyro! I remembered seeing the rendering on the construction fencing, but either I was too distracted by the impressive nature of the building to notice the name or it was in Polish.

And out of all the cities I've visited, Warsaw certainly ranks towards the top. The food, beer, architecture, history, and the people make it a worthwhile destination. I was also impressed by Wroclaw and Katowice, which I only got a brief look at through the window of a Deutsche Bahn bus on my way back to Berlin. If only I had more time and I had done better research, I would have spent a few days in both those cities.
lol..Yeah my Polish reading skills have dropped off significantly over time, understanding and speaking are not that bad yet..use it or lose it I guess.

Sounds like a great trip. Spent more time in Krakow, Lodz and Kutno myself, family thing, but the country is transforming at an incredible rate with Warsaw moving at an incredible pace from my recollections of it...

Old Posted Jan 19, 2016, 8:27 PM

Thanks for the updates opius, nice to have another forumer familiar with the goings on of current projects in country.

The area around the Spire seems to be undergoing quite the transformation.

Old Posted May 11, 2016, 8:43 PM

Photos Showcase Ultramodern Warsaw Spire

Quote:
The newest addition to Warsaw's towering city centre is a 49-storey building by leading European developer Ghelamco. The 220-metre Warsaw Spire is flanked by two shorter buildings, which altogether add 100,000 square metres of office space to the heart of the city.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2016, 8:00 AM

Wow, Warsaw is changing, looks more like Germany now.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 3:35 PM

Mennica Legacy Tower Project Coming Soon to Downtown Warsaw
Quote:
Coming soon to downtown Warsaw, the Mennica Legacy Tower, a project featuring a 10- and 35-storey tower designed via a partnership between Chicago firms Epstein and Goettsch Partners, is set to transform the local skyline, bringing a splash of modern steel and glass architecture to the heart of the Polish capital. Set to occupy the corner of Prosta and Żelazna Streets, close to the bustling city centre and financial district, the Mennica Legacy Tower development will introduce 100,000 square metres of Class A office space into the core, along with an additional 20,000 square metres left over for underground parking, lobby space, and retail.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe