HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Aug 10, 2015, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Edit: as I look at it now, they must be planning to remove the existing Tower Road Intersection and they will use the bypass ramps to access Tower. Tower road will become the service road north of 33.
In the render, on the current Tower Road, there are green boxes instead of grey. Since the new roadways are rendered grey, I can only assume that the green means that the road will be removed.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2015, 10:19 PM

Quote:
I realize those are service roads, but is there a all turn intersection for Tower Rd. right next to the interchange and ramps? It looks like a big mess.

render source:

http://www.khl.com/magazines/interna...ypass-contract

Also I think Vinci has some of these renders on their site.

Edit: as I look at it now, they must be planning to remove the existing Tower Road Intersection and they will use the bypass ramps to access Tower. Tower road will become the service road north of 33.
It is still confusing though. How would you get from Tower Southbound to Arcola NW Bound without crossing over ramp traffic that is entering the Bypass northbound from 33?

Old Posted Aug 10, 2015, 10:34 PM

Quote:
It is still confusing though. How would you get from Tower Southbound to Arcola NW Bound without crossing over ramp traffic that is entering the Bypass northbound from 33?
I'm assuming the service road continues parallel to 33 for a little ways and then makes an at grade crossing on 33. We don't see the end of the service road in the render, it just extends out of the frame on the left.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2015, 11:00 PM

Here is the study recommending the diverging diamond interchange at PB. I can't wait to see the reaction of the some people out here when they find out they will be driving on the wrong side of the road.

http://conf.tac-atc.ca/english/annua...s-14/steel.pdf

Old Posted Aug 11, 2015, 2:39 AM

West bypass to lay unused for 4 more years
http://www.leaderpost.com/Nearly+com...056/story.html

Old Posted Aug 11, 2015, 2:45 AM

Pacer's Ballpark, which can be seen in the render below with the Arcola interchange on top of it, is already gone.

Last edited by Stormer; Aug 11, 2015 at 3:40 AM.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2015, 2:47 AM

Quote:
Here is the study recommending the diverging diamond interchange at PB. I can't wait to see the reaction of the some people out here when they find out they will be driving on the wrong side of the road.

http://conf.tac-atc.ca/english/annua...s-14/steel.pdf
People are going to lose their minds and it's going to be very amusing. I've used them in the states and they're fine but I'm actually most interested to see how it functions in winter before the plows get there.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2015, 2:52 AM

Quote:
West bypass to lay unused for 4 more years
http://www.leaderpost.com/Nearly+com...056/story.html
This was previously announced, but I feel like it's a bit ridiculous. Surely they could have found a way to utilize part of it during the other stages of construction but whatever.

The best part of this article was where they quoted the Progressive Conservative party...

Old Posted Aug 12, 2015, 1:28 AM

Quote:
Pacer's Ballpark, which can be seen in the render below with the Arcola interchange on top of it, is already gone.
There are at least 3 diamonds still there. Lots of construction, mounds of dirt, digging, etc around it though. Only a matter of time before they are all gone.

Driving down Tower Road I was amazed how close Greens on Gardiner pre-construction is to the road.

Example location from Google Street view from May 2015 - https://goo.gl/maps/RFFve

Old Posted Aug 12, 2015, 4:19 AM

I actually did not realize until just now that the Bypass is west of Tower Road. Those lots neat the Bypass will not be nice places to build a new home.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2015, 4:26 AM

The by-pass is east of Tower Road.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2015, 4:30 AM

This is probably the best view of the location. So yeah, it's to the east. But you'll still get road noise and those lots will have to be discounted accordingly.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2015, 4:51 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
This was previously announced, but I feel like it's a bit ridiculous. Surely they could have found a way to utilize part of it during the other stages of construction but whatever.

The best part of this article was where they quoted the Progressive Conservative party...
Well, they do still have a rather large fund at their disposal if I remember correctly and once in a while you hear a peep from them to show they are still alive... somewhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
This is probably the best view of the location. So yeah, it's to the east. But you'll still get road noise and those lots will have to be discounted accordingly.
Not much different than some of the homes that border sections of Ring Road. Perhaps they'll add an earth berm along the bypass to redirect a bit of the sound?

Old Posted Aug 12, 2015, 4:57 AM

Quote:
I actually did not realize until just now that the Bypass is west of Tower Road. Those lots neat the Bypass will not be nice places to build a new home.

You may be referring to the railroad track there.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2015, 5:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
You may be referring to the railroad track there.
You're right. I was fooled by the Arcola interchange which does start on the West side of Tower and then crosses over. This is why I am cofused by how Tower Rd fits in. It cannot cross. Realignment maybe?

Old Posted Aug 12, 2015, 5:44 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
You're right. I was fooled by the Arcola interchange which does start on the West side of Tower and then crosses over. This is why I am cofused by how Tower Rd fits in. It cannot cross. Realignment maybe?
In the PDF Brutal posted, it does show a proposed realignment of Tower road angling in toward Arcola on the inside of the bypass.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2015, 5:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
In the PDF Brutal posted, it does show a proposed realignment of Tower road angling in toward Arcola on the inside of the bypass.
Ah thanks. So 4 new intersections for Arcola East. That is not ideal for traffic on 33.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2015, 8:13 PM

I don't know a hell of a lot about pavement maintenance 'n whatnot, but would having the SW section of the bypass just sit there unused for four more years deteriorate the integrity/appearance of the roads themselves?

Old Posted Aug 12, 2015, 9:39 PM

Quote:
I don't know a hell of a lot about pavement maintenance 'n whatnot, but would having the SW section of the bypass just sit there unused for four more years deteriorate the integrity/appearance of the roads themselves?
Yes, there will still be deterioration. Obviously the lack of traffic will reduce some issues, but the freeze/thaw cycle will still do its damage and cause cracks and shifting. These problems could maybe be exacerbated by a lack of plowed snow, but I don't know enough about that to say for certain.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2015, 6:37 PM

Quote:
When I talked to the Ministry officials in-charge of the project. They said that the reason it isn't connected to dewdney yet, is because of the two large interchanges being built. One between the CP Tracks and South of Dewdney (Fuull systems interchange without ANY lights) and a service interchange at Dewdney with lights at the tops of the ramps.

They would of had to close the section of the road anyway and put people back onto Pinky during its 3 year construction timeline.

Also the alignment of the sections has quite a few jogs in it so they didn't want to spend hundreds of thousands to millions paving that only to have to close it and rip it up less than a year later.

THEY DIDN'T MENTION THAT IN THE LEADERPOST ARTICLE! Only cited that it would remain closed. But that doing so would save headache and Millions more taxpayers dollars.

Reporting on this has been a joke, they just incite anger and protest and don't give the other side of it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan