HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Dec 27, 2016, 4:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonianSentinel01 View Post
Yeah I drive by there almost everyday and I've seen that, I was wondering if they were going to be building just one or both since I only see one depression and not two. Although now that I'm looking at this picture I see that they are both connected by the first floor, that is continuous through out both buildings. In hind sight, if it was only one of the buildings I don't think there would be room for the second one in between the road and the first depression, must be both.
Next time I go by I'll try to see if the great depression is wider then it is long because both sections look like 2 separate buildings with a glassed in breezeway that connects the 2 together.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2017, 4:25 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
There's a definite depression in the ground corresponding to the buildings indicated in this rendering below of the Shannex Faubourg du Mascaret on the UdeM campus on Morton Avenue.

I presume this represents an initial excavation for a foundation and that these buildings will be built in 2017.
Drove by there again today, and there is quite definitely site prep work ongoing for these two new buildings. Expect construction to commence in the springtime.

I sorta wonder if Shannex's plan is to finish off the construction of the Faubourg du Mascaret before moving on to their next multiyear construction project on Mapleton Road (Shannex Parkland Moncton).

Old Posted Jan 6, 2017, 2:01 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Pannizza pizza will be opening in the Morton Place development in May of this year.

Confirmed tenants are now:
- Subway
- Pannizza
- Guacamole Mexican Street Food
- Pharmasave

A&W remains a possibility.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2017, 2:10 AM

Quote:
Pannizza pizza will be opening in the Morton Place development in May of this year.

- Subway
- Pannizza
- Pharmasave

This is turning into quite the food plaza. Especially if A&W joins.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2017, 2:29 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:

- Subway
- Pannizza
- Pharmasave

Correction:

Pannizza is apparently moving in to the (soon to be) old Subway location across the street, and not into Morton Place proper. This is according to the T&T.

I'm quite surprised by this given the fact that they are moving into a modern building in the Mapleton Centre. I thought this would mean that Morton Place would have been a more natural fit........

Also, Pannizza is apparently scouting a third location in Dieppe. This seems like an awfully aggressive expansion plan.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2017, 2:49 PM

Maybe they wanted that Morton minimall, but Subway got there first and has an "Only subshop in the plaza" clause, forcing them across the street?

When you did make the list of restaurants in that plaza, it did strike me as surprising to have both Subway and Pannizza in it. (Pannizza sounds like its offerings include enough sub-like fare to trigger a compete clause)

Old Posted Jan 16, 2017, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Maybe they wanted that Morton minimall, but Subway got there first and has an "Only subshop in the plaza" clause, forcing them across the street?

When you did make the list of restaurants in that plaza, it did strike me as surprising to have both Subway and Pannizza in it. (Pannizza sounds like its offerings include enough sub-like fare to trigger a compete clause)
More likely rent is cheaper and the building is already set up for a restaurant.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 3:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post

They are known for there pizza's, panini's and salads.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2017, 11:32 AM

anyone know what's going on at the old Pizza Twins location on Elmwood? There were rumors here for a while but nothing concrete that I recall. I drove by last night and the Pizza Twins and Jack's locations are walled in for renovations so something is going in there.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2017, 5:48 PM

Looks sorta like a restaurant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneant View Post
anyone know what's going on at the old Pizza Twins location on Elmwood? There were rumors here for a while but nothing concrete that I recall. I drove by last night and the Pizza Twins and Jack's locations are walled in for renovations so something is going in there.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2017, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post

Pizza Twins Moved to Morton Avenue, and Jack's has moved to the strip that was built on the old Price Chopper site.

As for what is going there all that's known is it's supposed to be a single tenant location.

I'm with Habs, and believe it's supposed to be a restaurant

There was a rumor that they where cleaning up the entire strip, and even the building at the corner of Ellerdale, and Elmwood.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2017, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Even the T&T is calling it a "plasma clinic"
T&T photo
It's an Ontario based company, and it turns out they can't move forward with opening without approval, and people are calling on the province to ban the sale of plasma. The company said they pay between 25-100 dollars to qualified donors.

Quote:
There's a definite depression in the ground corresponding to the buildings indicated in this rendering below of the Shannex Faubourg du Mascaret on the UdeM campus on Morton Avenue.

I presume this represents an initial excavation for a foundation and that these buildings will be built in 2017.
passed by on Tuesday, and they seem to be pretty well finished most of the outdoor work on the outside of most buildings, and have the framing up for the open air gazebo.

Seen an employee outside, and the great depression is the start of the foundations for those 2 buildings circled, and is supposed to be 2 buildings attached by an enclosed breezeway.

Last edited by Scarface; Jan 26, 2017 at 10:22 PM.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2017, 7:02 PM
I Rise Again

Nice. Thanks for the update.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2017, 11:40 PM

Looks like Crystal Mountain will take over the old liquor store on Elmwood
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQbarMDg...talmountainfun
Quote:
Our Bigger Better Location to open March 2017💎 More arcade games, private room for golf!!!! Stay tuned for details!!!!

Old Posted Feb 13, 2017, 3:34 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

A better location for them to be sure - increased visibility and more parking. I'm also happy to see that they are expanding and will have more offerings.

About the only downside is that they will be in the same plaza as Revolutions nightclub. I'm not sure how compatible these two businesses will be, but at least their hours of operation won't overlap too much..........

Old Posted Feb 22, 2017, 5:14 AM

From what I've heard the Elmwood Centre is being considered as the possible spot for the new Costco although Day & Ross is still the preferred place it may not work out based on when it could become available as well as the high price tag.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2017, 12:59 PM

Elmwood center would be a good compromise.. lots of visibility with multiple access(once McLaughlin rd gets hwy ramps) . However, I heard the downtown center is actually a giant charade and will in fact be the worlds largest costco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSoloCup View Post
From what I've heard the Elmwood Centre is being considered as the possible spot for the new Costco although Day & Ross is still the preferred place it may not work out based on when it could become available as well as the high price tag.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2017, 1:14 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammn_guy View Post
I heard the downtown center is actually a giant charade and will in fact be the worlds largest costco.
This is probably the most likely rumour yet!!!

Old Posted Feb 22, 2017, 2:08 PM

But what about the parking?

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 6:20 PM

Province, feds to spend ‘millions’ on Harrisville Blvd
https://www.telegraphjournal.com/tim...etitpas-taylor
Quote:
The provincial and federal governments will announce a “major improvement” to Harrisville Boulevard Wednesday afternoon.

Treasury board president Roger Melanson, the MLA for Dieppe and the minister responsible for Trade Policy, confirmed the announcement to the Times & Transcript on Tuesday.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces