HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Vancouver Photos

Old Posted May 30, 2015, 12:17 AM

I've been eyeballing some ND Grad filters at Beau for some time now. Probably around Nov/Dec. I gotta to get out and do some landscapes.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2015, 8:07 PM

Even though it ain't the most flashy building in Downtown, I do like the layered design Shaw Tower has. It also makes it appear very tall and is very fitting for that area.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2015, 6:26 AM

A snap of Yaletown/Downtown South/Robson neighbourhoods in downtown Vancouver.

My photo, taken 06/21/15, playing with my phone camera. What a lovely evening! It just exudes that Vancouver modern feel:

Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 12:58 AM

Mooooooooore Vancouver

Taken by me on my phone 06/21/15. Good day to see some of Vancouver's skylines. Scroll ----------->

Old Posted Jun 24, 2015, 11:01 PM

I visited BC Place yesterday to see Japan playing against Netherlands in the Women's World Cup. It was my first time to BC Place and I only had my cell phone with me. I really liked how the stadium looks like, but 28,717 spectators was not enough to generate massive amount of noise. It was a nice and rather inexpensive experience nontheless.

The roof was of course open as it was beautiful weather.

The Japanese fans were happy to win 2-1.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2015, 5:16 PM

This just in: CHAOS IN VANCOUVER!!

With huge fires approaching the city the streets are empty after thousands of people have fled the city! Those that did not have the time to escape before roadblocks were set to close all roads from Downtown core are now taking shelter from looters in empty glass towers. According to news channels Canadian Armed Forces are expected to be sending search and rescue missions into Downtown to help remaining survivors. At this point there is no word on number of casualties.

Some scientist say that is the beginning of chain of events that will eventually turn British Columbia to Wasteland like seen in the new Mad Max movie.

Last edited by Klazu; Jul 5, 2015 at 5:41 PM.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2015, 5:45 PM

This shocking amateur photograph just posted on Twitter shows the dying light before the smoke engulfes whole city. Shortly after power was lost city wide and all communications to and from Vancouver went dark.

Developing story...

Last edited by Klazu; Jul 5, 2015 at 10:48 PM.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2015, 6:14 PM

BREAKING NEWS: there are now SKYSCRAPERS BURNING IN DOWNTOWN VANCOUVER!

At this point we cannot confirm how many casualties there might be, but there are tweets about people jumping from burning buildings. With no fire fighters left in the city, buildings are said to burn out of control.

With the thick plume of smoke it has become extremely difficult to move in or out of the city. Only a group of professional smoke divers and local pot heads are able to participate in the search and rescue operations at this time.

Prime Minister of Canada is expected to make a statement on the catastrophy in Vancouver on national television in the next hour. There are rumours that Primer Minister Harper will be revealing more details on the cause of this huge firestorm which has been speculated to have started from a group of Liberal hippies having had a evening of sing-along and kumbaya around an open bonfire in Stanley Park on Saturday evening.

It is also expected that the evacuation zone will be moved from west of Main Street to cover everything north of Fraser River. The current evacuation center is based in Surrey Center with a temporary lightrail line having been established by the CAF pioneers to help move aid in and out of the city after request by Mayor Linda Hepner. Vancouver Mayor George Robertson is said to be MIa, having last been seen riding his bicycle down a smokey bikelane.

Last edited by Klazu; Jul 5, 2015 at 10:52 PM.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2015, 7:14 PM

Prime Minister Harper's address to the nation has just ended. In his speech he denied all rumors around a photo that has surfaced on social media, believed to be showing the true ground zero of the huge blaze that has swept over Vancouver in the last 18 hours.

The location of this fire is at, or nearby, the Concervatives campaign office in North Vancouver, where it has been rumoured that staff has been working overtime trying to get rid of papertrail that proves the decision to close the Kitsilano Coast Guard station, which resulted in English Bay oil spill last month. Harper did emphasize that we should not speculate on this, but he reminded everyone that unlike him, Justin Trudea doesn't even have experience in hiding his papertrails.

At the same time the fire has reached Metrotown which we can see in these shocking pictures before and after the devastating inferno hit the area. It is believed that some shoppers refused to leave Metropolis shopping center before the fire hit despite best attempts made by the rescue workers. Some shoppers were quoted saying that the deals were just too hot to resist!

There is no word of fire having reached nearby Brentwood yet, but as our helicopter footage below shows, the fire is clearly visible from there as well. Developers' interest towards Brentwood is expected to soar and new 80-floor towers are already in planning after fire destroyed rivaling Metrotown earlier today.

Last edited by Klazu; Jul 5, 2015 at 10:55 PM.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2015, 8:33 PM

After 24 hours of fiery havoc around Metro Vancouver the skies have finally opened and a cool summer rain has swept across the region. CAF patrols are making progress in assessing the damages around Vancouver and Burnaby, and the first news are saying that at least Downtown Eastside is looking exactly the same as before the blaze. According to a member of the patrol team, the team could not distinguish were burned down area ended and DTES began.

The big question on everyone's mind is how this all will impact the property prices?? Scotiabank and BMO analysts have already released a statement stating that burned skyscraper condos are not going to decrease in value as many of them were built as an investment vehicle, not home, and as long as the walls are just standing, the investment is still solid. These comments have already eased panic that was witnessed earlier today at Vancouver International Airport where hundreds of desperate real estate agents were abandoning too hot local market.

Here is some live footage of rain falling over West End area in badly damaged Downtown Vancouver. It is expected to take at least several hours before paddleboarders currently taking refuge in emergency shelters in Surrey will be able to return to the English Bay area.

We now end our live coverage from Vancouver. The best fucking place on Earth.

Last edited by Klazu; Jul 5, 2015 at 11:00 PM.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 1:45 AM

Those are awesome, thanks Klazu!

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 1:49 AM

All kidding aside, this is Vancouver right now. Very thick plume of smoke engulfing Downtown.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 2:26 AM

Now Vancouver looks like an Asian city in summer!

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 3:45 AM

From satellite

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 4:07 AM

The amazing thing is, we have fires in almost every direction: near Port Hardy, Port Alberni, Sechelt and Pemberton...is there any escape from the smoke? I guess a southern wind could help?

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 4:11 AM

They have a lot of fires going on in WA. I wonder why those don't show up in the satellite picture?

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 4:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
They have a lot of fires going on in WA. I wonder why those don't show up in the satellite picture?
Yeah that is strange, maybe they have them under control?

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 5:58 PM

One more Vancouver smoke panorama from last night. Normally one can see starts in the sky.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2015, 12:32 AM

Cross post for the Vancouverites' benefit:

Compare the latest haze to better conditions from a little while ago (same view):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozonemania View Post
Taken at home on my phone 06/21/15. Good day to see some of Vancouver's skylines. Scroll ----------->

Old Posted Jul 7, 2015, 3:17 AM
Vancouver Bus Driver

lololololololololololololololol awesome Klazu!!

ozone thank you for the before/after!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Vancouver Photos