HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Dec 9, 2014, 4:42 PM

On page 23 of Dieppe Mag ( http://issuu.com/esolutionsgroup/doc...1?e=0/10496341 ) it states that Bourque Properties Inc. will open in March 2015 a new building on Rufin St. There is also a rendering of the building in question.

Confirmed tenants are Crossfit YQM (6,000 sq ft) and Admiral Investigations Atlantic Inc. Spaces still available are ranging from 1,000 to 4,000 sq ft.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2014, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emad View Post
On page 23 of Dieppe Mag ( http://issuu.com/esolutionsgroup/doc...1?e=0/10496341 ) it states that Bourque Properties Inc. will open in March 2015 a new building on Rufin St. There is also a rendering of the building in question.

Confirmed tenants are Crossfit YQM (6,000 sq ft) and Admiral Investigations Atlantic Inc. Spaces still available are ranging from 1,000 to 4,000 sq ft.
Looks good, but I can't believe another strip mall is being built when a 12-unit building lies completely empty right across the street. The strip behind Jean-Coutu has been completed since spring and still has not a single tenant. Although, I've heard recently that Dollarama might take up most of that bulding.

I wonder if the new building will be at the corner with Dieppe bldv. At some point a BMR hardware store was planned for that lot.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2014, 6:36 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

BMR is scheduled to be built next year. Perhaps it won't occupy the entire lot.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
Looks good, but I can't believe another strip mall is being built when a 12-unit building lies completely empty right across the street. The strip behind Jean-Coutu has been completed since spring and still has not a single tenant. Although, I've heard recently that Dollarama might take up most of that bulding.

I wonder if the new building will be at the corner with Dieppe bldv. At some point a BMR hardware store was planned for that lot.
I know for the strip mall behind Jean-Coutu, I couldn't believe they would start construction without a single tenant lined up... Moreover with all unit not rented behind the Coop...

I have no clue as to where exactly it's going on Rufin, but if BMR is still planned on the corner of Dieppe Blvd, the lot on the corner of Rufin and Hartnett might be an option (pure speculation on my part )...

Old Posted Dec 20, 2014, 3:38 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Well, Dieppe seems to have made out like a bandit in the provincial capital expenditures program:

- Dieppe Grades 3 to 8 – new francophone school to address capacity requirements ($2.3 million for the first phase of construction)
- $4.5 million for improvements and upgrades to Acadie-Amirault Street in Dieppe

The work on Acadie is very necessary. The area is increasingly prone to flooding and the roadbed is significantly degraded. It is also the main entry into downtown Dieppe (and Moncton) from the southern portions of the city.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2014, 4:44 PM

There is a rezoning planned for the land on the corner of Dieppe Blvd and Yvonne St in Dieppe from residential to commercial to build a 58,000 sq ft commercial building.

Here's the link of a petition in that regard: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/913/2...ing-in-dieppe/

My intention is not to get you to sign the petition, just thought I would share the info here as it may be new developments for 2015

Old Posted Dec 23, 2014, 5:57 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

I'm not commenting on the merit or lack-of of this petition, but look at the people who have signed it... A third of them aren't even in Canada. What does Ilga of the Russian Federation, or Elaney of the Netherlands have to do with a rezoning request?

Old Posted Dec 23, 2014, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emad View Post
There is a rezoning planned for the land on the corner of Dieppe Blvd and Yvonne St in Dieppe from residential to commercial to build a 58,000 sq ft commercial building.

Here's the link of a petition in that regard: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/913/2...ing-in-dieppe/

My intention is not to get you to sign the petition, just thought I would share the info here as it may be new developments for 2015
I wonder what this development might be. It is large for this area and would be the southern-most commercial development on Dieppe blvd.

From the picture, you can also see that the planned Kedgwick drive would run through this development's parking lot. The building backs up onto Valmont crescent.

I'm pretty sure that Kedgwick is already zoned as either commercial or high-density residential (condos, rowhouses) etc.. It's not like these home-owners would have had other suburban houses in their back yards. The petition is typical NIMBY concerns.

Last edited by NBNYer; Dec 23, 2014 at 6:11 PM.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2014, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmalley View Post
I'm not commenting on the merit or lack-of of this petition, but look at the people who have signed it... A third of them aren't even in Canada. What does Ilga of the Russian Federation, or Elaney of the Netherlands have to do with a rezoning request?
I know, it's ridiculous when you look at the list of signature. But when you listen to the french media (all of which reported the opposition to the project), they state that more than 100 people already sign the petition. To me, all those foreign signature aren't worth anything...

Old Posted Dec 23, 2014, 8:00 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

Quote:
The petition is typical NIMBY concerns.
Their first argument is "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!"

Old Posted Dec 23, 2014, 11:09 PM

Red face

Quote:
I wonder what this development might be. It is large for this area and would be the southern-most commercial development on Dieppe blvd.

From the picture, you can also see that the planned Kedgwick drive would run through this development's parking lot. The building backs up onto Valmont crescent.

I'm pretty sure that Kedgwick is already zoned as either commercial or high-density residential (condos, rowhouses) etc.. It's not like these home-owners would have had other suburban houses in their back yards. The petition is typical NIMBY concerns.
They were talking about a grocery store on the radio, but I assume it was pure speculation... I think a gas station is part of the plan, from a comment I saw on the petition, that I think was from someone that received the letter.

I agree that that land can't be used for anything else than commercial or high density residential. So they should have thought of this before buying there...

Old Posted Dec 23, 2014, 11:54 PM

It will be a Sobeys. Almost certain.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2014, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Can't see it Harrisville is next on the new store list unless plans have changed.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2014, 2:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
I think a Sobeys is probably most likely. The size and layout appear to fit and I doubt that we would see that large of a retailer that isn't a grocery store set up shop in such a location. The two other Dieppe locations are always extremely busy with long lines, especially the Regis street location.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2014, 4:36 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck17 View Post
Can't see it Harrisville is next on the new store list unless plans have changed.
I was under the impression that the next Sobeys was to be on Harrisville next to the new Kent too, but plans are always subject to change.

This new commercial building proposed for Dieppe Blvd seems awfully specific (58,000 sq ft with a well defined site plan on the accompanying document). This says to me that this building is not being built speculatively, and will be custom built for a specific tenant. Sobeys makes sense to me too, and the rumour about a gas station as part of the plan could point to one of Sobeys Fast Fuel locations. The location (Dieppe Blvd & Yvonne) would be a pretty good one for a neighbourhood grocery store in a fast growing area of the city.

Plans always change. Sobeys may have decided that this location makes more sense than Harrisville Blvd. There is certainly a greater concentration of nearby housing on Dieppe Blvd. A demographic analysis might have tipped the balance sheet in favour of Dieppe Blvd.

Speaking of changing plans, I see that the land owned by Sobeys on Mountain Road out by the Magnetic Hill Home Hardware is now up for sale. Perhaps the long range plans for another Sobeys out there have been put to rest.........

Old Posted Dec 24, 2014, 7:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I was under the impression that the next Sobeys was to be on Harrisville next to the new Kent too, but plans are always subject to change.

This new commercial building proposed for Dieppe Blvd seems awfully specific (58,000 sq ft with a well defined site plan on the accompanying document). This says to me that this building is not being built speculatively, and will be custom built for a specific tenant. Sobeys makes sense to me too, and the rumour about a gas station as part of the plan could point to one of Sobeys Fast Fuel locations. The location (Dieppe Blvd & Yvonne) would be a pretty good one for a neighbourhood grocery store in a fast growing area of the city.

Plans always change. Sobeys may have decided that this location makes more sense than Harrisville Blvd. There is certainly a greater concentration of nearby housing on Dieppe Blvd. A demographic analysis might have tipped the balance sheet in favour of Dieppe Blvd.

Speaking of changing plans, I see that the land owned by Sobeys on Mountain Road out by the Magnetic Hill Home Hardware is now up for sale. Perhaps the long range plans for another Sobeys out there have been put to rest.........
Plaza REIT owns the land in harrisville where the Sobeys was to be built. 58,000 sq. ft. Is pretty standard for Sobeys. The location makes more sense the. Harrisville, and perhaps that's why Plaza has been sitting on the land for so long. I too noticed the Colliers sign at the Sobeys property. I think perhaps their long range plans (Magnetic Hill/Mountain & Harrisville) have changed to Dielpe Bvld & somewhere else with more space in the north end area.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2014, 11:52 AM

I can confirm that when the new sobeys is built either on Harrisville or Dieppe Blvd sobeys champlain mall will be closing!

Old Posted Dec 24, 2014, 2:30 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck17 View Post
I can confirm that when the new sobeys is built either on Harrisville or Dieppe Blvd sobeys champlain mall will be closing!
I'm going to move further discussion on the future of the Champlain Place Sobeys to the [Moncton] Retail Thread, as this is more than just a "neighbourhood" issue.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2014, 2:32 PM

I moved my post to their retail page!

Old Posted Jan 3, 2015, 4:37 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Dieppe Fire Station #2 will open on Dieppe Blvd on Monday.

Source - personal photo of the picture accompanying the T&T article. Reason - just too damned lazy to drive across town and take my own picture!

Last edited by MonctonRad; Jan 5, 2015 at 2:48 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces