HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography

Old Posted Nov 22, 2009, 3:21 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
omg! what a cute kitty! i wanna pet it and keep it and sleep with it and love it! eww... im such a freak, i dont know any other guys who love cats as much as me.
Me (well, if you knew me).

Old Posted Nov 22, 2009, 3:38 AM
Meh

Pottery cat.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2009, 9:41 AM
I am a typical

That photo reminds me of this cat, which is probably the coolest, most exotic looking cat I've ever seen.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2009, 12:21 AM
Posh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
haha! my cat does the same thing. she falls asleep on my chest or i make a ring with my arm next to my head and she curls up in there with her head on my chin.

then she licks my face for a few minutes and somtimes bites my lips (which is odd cause i've never seen any ther cat do it. its almost as if shes kissing me but i find that disturbing so i dont like thinking sbout it). and then i get tired of it so i put her on a pillow next to mines so i can move around. i hate sleeping in the same position all night, it makes my back hurt.

yup...
My cat does the exact same thing. If I let her sleep in my room she'll lie down on my neck and face, moving around every minute or so. It can be cute having this purring furball sleep right on you . . . except when she's sleeping right over my nose and I can't even breathe, and the constant moving around keeps me awake. Then she licks various parts of my face (yes, including my lips - she's a female cat and it makes me wonder ). She also has this propensity to affectionately bite me (just a nip) on the nose and elsewhere which is kinda cute but gets annoying.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2009, 3:31 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond Agent 007 View Post
My cat does the exact same thing. If I let her sleep in my room she'll lie down on my neck and face, moving around every minute or so. It can be cute having this purring furball sleep right on you . . . except when she's sleeping right over my nose and I can't even breathe, and the constant moving around keeps me awake. Then she licks various parts of my face (yes, including my lips - she's a female cat and it makes me wonder ). She also has this propensity to affectionately bite me (just a nip) on the nose and elsewhere which is kinda cute but gets annoying.
When I first go to bed, one of my cats, Athena, sits beside me and stares. If I close my eyes, she puts her paw on my chin and extends her claws. It hurts and sometimes her claws puncture my skin. So I have to turn the other way so that she'll lay down and go to sleep. This has been going on every night for five years!

Old Posted Nov 23, 2009, 3:35 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
That photo reminds me of this cat, which is probably the coolest, most exotic looking cat I've ever seen.
That's our new cat. His eyes are almost orange.

This is my other cat, Jules:

Old Posted Nov 23, 2009, 5:00 AM
Posh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Denson View Post
When I first go to bed, one of my cats, Athena, sits beside me and stares. If I close my eyes, she puts her paw on my chin and extends her claws. It hurts and sometimes her claws puncture my skin. So I have to turn the other way so that she'll lay down and go to sleep. This has been going on every night for five years!
LOL! At least she's consistent.

My cat does this adorable thing when I *don't* let her sleep in my room (which is most nights): Every morning when I wake up and open my door, there she is, waiting to greet me. I then give her a little petting-and-tussle routine for about a half-minute which gets her purring up a storm. I have discovered that she often is waiting outside my door for literally hours: I have woken up as early as 3:30 in the morning to go to the bathroom only to find that she is *already* crouching in front of my door waiting for me to come out. I don't normally get up until about 6:45 on weekdays. She's also very good in that she has NEVER scratched at the door wanting to get in - she just sits there waiting very very patiently. Nice kitty.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2009, 1:25 AM
$$Money on my Mind$$

Great thread! I have an all black cat named Midnight. Got the named Midnight because it was at my door one night and it looks totally confused and hungry! He couldn't been no more than 1month old! I was going to take him to the Humane Society but he won my heart over and now he is 6months old! He has a dog in him somewhere because he acts like one! I just wonder why people hate all black cats though because anytime I take him to friends house or they come to mine everybody tells me to get that cat away! He is the sweetest thing you would ever meet and I've had nothing but good luck since I got him!

Old Posted Nov 24, 2009, 3:01 AM
Meh

Heh, my mom had several black cats as a teen, and they were all named Midnight.

My grandparents had one too, about 15 years ago named Smokey. And they also had a black German Shepherd named Jet. Jet died of kidney failure probably almost 20 years ago. I used to play with him, and pretend to ride him like a horse.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2009, 8:59 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
Don't feed them gravy.
You found out the hard way, I take it?

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Nov 25, 2009, 2:26 AM
I am a typical

It kept farting and it shits more than I do.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2009, 4:54 AM
Posh

My cat just caught a slug. What a hunter she is!

Reminds me of the time my first cat walked in through our back door one day and proudly dropped the worm she had just caught on the kitchen floor!

EDIT: I just checked it closely, and it's not a slug. It's part of the wing of a dead baby bird, probably dropped from the eagle that hangs out in the tree above my apartment.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2009, 7:26 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond Agent 007 View Post
My cat just caught a slug. What a hunter she is!

Reminds me of the time my first cat walked in through our back door one day and proudly dropped the worm she had just caught on the kitchen floor!

EDIT: I just checked it closely, and it's not a slug. It's part of the wing of a dead baby bird, probably dropped from the eagle that hangs out in the tree above my apartment.
Uh, I'd suggest you keep the cat indoors or the eagle may end up with it's best meal in a while.

I've got a pair of Harris Hawks that sit on a phone poll at the end of my driveway and, as a consequence, I won't let my cat out into the walled patio unless I'm there to guard her.

Harris Hawk

Source: http://www.hawkquest.org/mews/Mature%20Male%20.shtml

Old Posted Nov 26, 2009, 8:13 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Speaking of hawks I saw a hawk eating a squirrel on campus the other day...

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Nov 26, 2009, 8:36 AM
I am a typical

I saw a seagull ripping apart a pigeon in August

In other news: Name my cat

Old Posted Nov 26, 2009, 9:48 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Icanhascheezburger?

Old Posted Nov 26, 2009, 5:53 PM
I am a typical

No, it has to be a real name.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2009, 6:53 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

How about vidioman?

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Nov 26, 2009, 7:25 PM
I am a typical

Old Posted Nov 27, 2009, 1:20 AM
Posh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
Uh, I'd suggest you keep the cat indoors or the eagle may end up with it's best meal in a while.
I've thought of that. Fortunately for my cat, my balcony space is too small for a swooping eagle to fit in, and as for the rest of the outdoors, I only let her outside once in a while. Plus, I've only noticed the eagle taking prey from the lake, I've never seen it grab anything from the land. So I think she'd be OK.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography