HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 8:33 PM
Sex Marxist of Notleygrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 Tommy View Post
That and the fact that the current batteries and battery production do very little to fight climate change. I will buy one when they have better range and better batteries. By he way, all the Tesla owners I know complain about the poor brakes on Tesla's.
Yup. I am sure you're half-assed anecdote trumps actual data... https://www.businessinsider.com/tesl...on-list-2019-2

Old Posted Mar 15, 2020, 3:46 PM

VW isn't alone among the legacy carmakers. GM is making the conversion to electric too.

GM set to go all in on electric vehicles with new tech

Quote:
General Motors (GM) laid out its strategy for ratcheting up its electric vehicle (EV) plans with a modular approach that will include new vehicles, manufacturing its own batteries and increasing charging stations for drivers.
Quote:
GM wants to stake its own claim in the still-nascent EV market by spending upwards of $20 billion (U.S.) by 2025. The money is spurred by renewed confidence that developing and making its own batteries would give GM a competitive edge in the auto industry.
Quote:
While the new vehicles were interesting in their own right, the lynchpin of the presentation was the new ‘Ultium’ battery. Developed in tandem with LG Chem, who has supplied GM with lithium-ion batteries and other electronic components, its chemistry is made up of nickel, cobalt, manganese and aluminum.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation