HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Nov 14, 2020, 6:38 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldive View Post
Good policing - be sure to send me a PM or post a link about all these confused people on the other site. Was going to apologize but found nothing... (maybe you exaggerate a bit).

As you mentioned, I may not know much, but I’m not a fan of real know-it-alls like your uninformed correction to my 75 The Esplanade post (on that other site): isaidso: “one small correction: this isn't real brick it's fake brick. These are panels with a thin veneer attached to the front that is meant to mimic brick.”

A photo posted on that thread showed the first row of layed brick and a brick-layer (holding a brick) on the scaffolding. FYI pre-cast brick veneer isn’t totally “fake” or “mimicing” - veneers are decorative but are made from the same materials/same processes as other brick. Maybe your search engine factoids don't always portray the smarter than everybody result you hope to achieve.
This could be old fashioned as we haven't built masonry brick walls for many decades. I have also never lived in a post war suburb. Toronto's homes are predominantly masonry. There's two layers of brick that are supportive of the floors. 75 Esplanade is a brick veneer even if it is made of hand laid blocks.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada