HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jun 16, 2016, 7:00 AM

6/15/16

Old Posted Jun 16, 2016, 1:02 PM
BANNED

huge difference in floor heights now that they are getting to the residential levels. I guess things will really accelerate now from a height perspective.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2016, 1:07 PM

June 21st

Old Posted Jun 22, 2016, 4:23 PM

^^^Nice angles

Still all quiet on the retail-front for the new Market St buildings. Now that the steel is well past the retail portion, you'd think they'd want to have a clear (non-delayed) path toward a specific fit-out for the spaces.

Plus, us CC residents are pretty eager to learn what's coming to town...

Old Posted Jun 22, 2016, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
^^^Nice angles

Still all quiet on the retail-front for the new Market St buildings. Now that the steel is well past the retail portion, you'd think they'd want to have a clear (non-delayed) path toward a specific fit-out for the spaces.

Plus, us CC residents are pretty eager to learn what's coming to town...
I'm hoping they're saving the info to make one big announcement of retail tenants and the second tower to gain media attention and hype. Maybe... Pseung said they were "where they wanted to be" so I have to imagine they've got at least a few more leases negotiated for now. As for me, I just want to get the official announcement of the second tower and a cool new rendering!

Old Posted Jun 30, 2016, 10:38 PM

135 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

136 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

Old Posted Jul 1, 2016, 12:31 AM

This project is finally taking off! Glad to see so much steel, which made me think, is there a rendering for the high rise?
If it has been posted, please forgive me. I didn't feel like scrolling back too many pages.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2016, 12:07 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
I'm hoping they're saving the info to make one big announcement of retail tenants and the second tower to gain media attention and hype. Maybe... Pseung said they were "where they wanted to be" so I have to imagine they've got at least a few more leases negotiated for now. As for me, I just want to get the official announcement of the second tower and a cool new rendering!
to some degree it's pointless to announce any tenants so far in advance of opening. At the rate their going I'd be surprised if this could be ready before Q3 2017. I was told by a retail space broker that many clients don't want their leases announced too far in advance for strategic reasons. In addition, he said you often need to get one or two notable leases locked down before you can get the "followers" to sign a deal. Many brands only want to collocate with other brands that they feel attract the same clientele.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2016, 2:12 AM

[IMG]Untitled by screennameLLC, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Untitled by screennameLLC, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Jul 13, 2016, 3:48 AM

7/12/2016

Old Posted Jul 13, 2016, 12:36 PM
BANNED

The apt floor heights look very modest. Maybe thats only because the first 2 floors are so high.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2016, 12:39 PM

The pace of this is mildly agonizing...whats happening?

Maybe the other building they are redoing is pulling resources?

Old Posted Jul 13, 2016, 3:21 PM

Architecture firm BCJ newest tenant for East Market

Quote:
Bohlin Cywinski Jackson, the architecture studio behind the Liberty Bell Center on Independence Mall and the cube-shaped Apple flagship store in New York City, is moving its Philadelphia operations into the $500 million East Market development between 11th and 12th Streets on Market Street.

The firm will lease 18,525 square feet at 34 South 11th St., an eight-story former warehouse that most recently served as the city's Family Court building and is now being heavily renovated, developers National Real Estate Development and SSH Real Estate said in a release on Wednesday.
http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...st_Market.html

Old Posted Jul 13, 2016, 3:21 PM

Renowned architecture firm leases space at East Market

Quote:
Bohlin Cywinski Jackson, an architecture firm known for its design of the flagship Apple store in New York among other projects, has leased space at 34 S. 11th St. in Center City. BCJ will be relocating from 123 S. Broad St.

The firm took 18,525 square feet on the sixth floor of the former Family Court building.

“Design is key to us as architects, and we were excited to have found this unique opportunity at East Market,” said Tom Kirk from BCJ in a statement. “The open, industrial concept at East Market is something that matches our own design tendencies – and it’s something that we would otherwise need to go beyond Center City to find. With this prime location, extraordinary daylight, and exposed structure, we are excited to move into the new space in a neighborhood that offers so much more than a place to work.”
Edit: Looks like Boku beat me to it! I like the idea of Market East becoming a design hub, with BCJ, the Marketplace Design Center, and Design Within Reach opening up here. With Comcast opening up its Innovation and Technology Center while getting more into digital media production (as opposed to distribution), I think Philly can make inroads into the digital design market.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2016, 3:45 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfanone View Post
The pace of this is mildly agonizing...whats happening?

Maybe the other building they are redoing is pulling resources?
the upward progress has actually been pretty steady in recent weeks. Once they got beyond the 2 retail levels it's been moving.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2016, 3:46 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
Renowned architecture firm leases space at East Market

Edit: Looks like Boku beat me to it! I like the idea of Market East becoming a design hub, with BCJ, the Marketplace Design Center, and Design Within Reach opening up here. With Comcast opening up its Innovation and Technology Center while getting more into digital media production (as opposed to distribution), I think Philly can make inroads into the digital design market.
i just hope this spurs some activity on 11th street which is currently a dump. Most of the properties north of chestnut have boarded up upper floors that should be apts. Whoever owns those buildings really doesn't care about the city at all.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2016, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
i just hope this spurs some activity on 11th street which is currently a dump. Most of the properties north of chestnut have boarded up upper floors that should be apts. Whoever owns those buildings really doesn't care about the city at all.
They don't care about profit either, it would appear. Path of least resistance to making a few bucks.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2016, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
They don't care about profit either, it would appear. Path of least resistance to making a few bucks.
Exactly! With the construction of East Market, renovations of 34 S. 11th Street and 15-21 S. 11th Street, the Fashion Outlets of Philadelphia, PREIT's acquisition of the 1100 block of Market Street, The Collins on the 1100 block of Chestnut, and likely future phases of East Market, I would look to invest in the remaining property along S. 11th between Market and Chestnut. With the inevitable influx of residents and pedestrian traffic, you would think that the owners of property along this block would invest in their assets.

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Jul 13, 2016, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
the upward progress has actually been pretty steady in recent weeks. Once they got beyond the 2 retail levels it's been moving.
I have heard from very good sources that this project is way behind schedule. Apparently, there have been some problems from the primary steel vendor.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2016, 1:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
7/12/2016

I really like how this looks, but think cool new windows would have looked great with the original facade.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive