HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 6, 2012, 9:23 PM

No work today on site. I assume they are waiting for the shoring crew. And yes the took out the big City owned elm on 15th shown below. I wonder if they had a permit to that? The other trees are also all gone.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2012, 10:40 PM
Transit Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
No work today on site. I assume they are waiting for the shoring crew. And yes the took out the big City owned elm on 15th shown below. I wonder if they had a permit to that? The other trees are also all gone.

Thats one nice-looking corner!

Old Posted Jan 10, 2012, 12:29 AM

The excavators have all left the CSP site and the GOR site is going strong....as a parking lot - still half full of cars. But the little pile of dirt from the groundbreaking is still there.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2012, 3:39 PM
#1 King Champ

There were workers on site this morning putting giant toothpicks with glowing tape attached to them into the ground.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2012, 7:45 PM

The equipment probably left to get out of the way. I suspect they need to get pile drivers in to put the ibeams in place before they start digging.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2012, 7:53 PM

I-beams were being delivered at noon today.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2012, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterp View Post
There were workers on site this morning putting giant toothpicks with glowing tape attached to them into the ground.
LOL

Do you mean stakes?

Old Posted Jan 13, 2012, 8:11 PM
#1 King Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenskca View Post
LOL

Do you mean stakes?
Pfffffffft......no.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2012, 9:54 PM

Anyone have any renderings? I'd love to see how this may look

Old Posted Jan 15, 2012, 10:42 PM
Canadian Urbanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jringe01 View Post
Anyone have any renderings? I'd love to see how this may look
Their website:

http://www.centresquareplace.com/arc...al-vision.html

Although the finishings seem to have changed slightly here and there.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2012, 4:18 AM

Those are some big ass I beams they are stacking up at the sight - I assume for shoring. They appear to be much bigger I beams (appear to be 1.5ft deep beams) than I've seen elsewhere. So do they just cut the tops off the beams after the building is finished and leave them in the ground?

Old Posted Jan 17, 2012, 2:46 PM

The pile driver is there as of last night. I believe they just leave the beams in the ground. They pour concrete in the hole so it would be tough to yank them out.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2012, 8:15 PM

Talk about not wanting to have a reputation for slowness like CP, this one is going fast!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2012, 8:15 PM
#1 King Champ

They were drilling holes today at 12:45pm. The project is starting

Old Posted Jan 27, 2012, 3:43 PM

Was down there this morning and it looks like they will be done the shoring here shortly.
Does anyone know what percentage has been sold?

Old Posted Jan 27, 2012, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheal View Post
Was down there this morning and it looks like they will be done the shoring here shortly.
Does anyone know what percentage has been sold?
Good timing, was just coming to post this. Their website has been updated with pricing and which units have been sold/conditionally sold/available. According to what they have up there only 7 of 68 units are sold (numbers dont include the main floor townhouses). This seems very low for them to be proceeding with construction, I was under the impression they like to have close to half sold.

Also seems odd because I emailed them a while ago asking for information about the 3-bedroom penthouses and was told that there were none available, when now the site says 3 of the 4 are available.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2012, 11:43 PM

The pricing at Centre Square is interesting if not puzzling. 1,300 sq ft condo for $570k. I realize pricing is a bit of an art and no one wants to leave money on the table, but typically condos are priced to attract people that are starting and can't quite afford/justify the cost of a house or looking to downsize, dump the house and have a bit of cash left over. When you can get a new house with more square footage with a yard for less money - who is going to buy your condos even if you were the only condo development downtown? If capital point, GoR and CSP all get built there is a going to be a glut of uber expensive "luxury" (luxury priced anyway) condos on the market.

I don't know where these developers are from but they might be building to suit the markets where they are from without really checking regina out.

I think there's a big future and need for condos downtown - but not at these price points.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2012, 11:55 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesplease View Post
The pricing at Centre Square is interesting if not puzzling. 1,300 sq ft condo for $570k. I realize pricing is a bit of an art and no one wants to leave money on the table, but typically condos are priced to attract people that are starting and can't quite afford/justify the cost of a house or looking to downsize, dump the house and have a bit of cash left over. When you can get a new house with more square footage with a yard for less money - who is going to buy your condos even if you were the only condo development downtown? If capital point, GoR and CSP all get built there is a going to be a glut of uber expensive "luxury" (luxury priced anyway) condos on the market.

I don't know where these developers are from but they might be building to suit the markets where they are from without really checking regina out.

I think there's a big future and need for condos downtown - but not at these price points.
I was saying the exact same thing when the pricing for Capital Pointe first came out. I know a lot of young people who would buy downtown/near downtown if there was something available in the "starter condo" price range. But yeah... they are definitely much higher priced than the average young professional can afford.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2012, 3:21 AM

`

Last edited by thefourthtower; Jun 10, 2013 at 8:36 PM.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2012, 7:32 PM

Has anyone heard if they have leased out the ground level? or rumors of who might be leasing it?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan