HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

3 Hudson Boulevard in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 7, 2019, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Didn't we already know this? I remember reading something like that aways back.

Not a huge deal honestly, it may actually balance out the area better in contrast with the 1000+ towers.
I agree, not the worst thing. Will probably help the Hudson Yards area skyline, a lot of those towers are all around the same height plateauing. This will be nice in the middle.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 2:19 AM
New Yorker for life

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external...680762&row=424

Quote:

Structure Name: 3 Hudson Boulevard (400 11th Avenue)

Site Elevation: 32
Structure Height: 900
Total Height (AMSL): 932

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 2:46 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

They need to make their mind up on the height. Its like flip-flopping so much. This has to be one of the most bizarre of the Hudson Yard neighborhood towers. Everything else is straight forward, but this one likes to be unique.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 5:22 PM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

I'd think the FAA numbers woud at this point best represent what we're gonna get height-wise.

Architecturally speaking? Yes...It's a-plenty maddening.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 4:25 AM
New Yorker for life

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external...680757&row=331

Quote:
3 Hudson Boulevard (400 11th Avenue)

Site Elevation: 32
Structure Height: 987
Total Height (AMSL): 1019

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 1:27 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

awww come on. throw up a 14’ flagpole and call it a spire.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2019, 7:04 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: JC_Heights

Old Posted Oct 13, 2019, 7:09 PM
DENNAB

Man I hope that's the new design! I like it

Old Posted Oct 14, 2019, 4:14 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

i like it too, but can sorta blandly interesting be a descriptor?

Old Posted Oct 14, 2019, 4:41 PM
Show me the blueprints

These would all be much more interestig buildings withing the granular contex of the city, but all together as a collection they somewhat loose their individual interest. I surmise this is a major challenge in modern architecture.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Oct 14, 2019, 6:45 PM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

Isn't this render the original torquing model that got *brutally* VE'd?

Old Posted Oct 14, 2019, 6:59 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prezrezc View Post
Isn't this render the original torquing model that got *brutally* VE'd?
I hope not, I thought it looked a little different at first, and with the height adjustment assumed it was a new design.

EDIT: I could be wrong though, I just saw the JC Heights link under the image that chris posted and apparently it's the original version, but if it's posted at the site who knows.

Last edited by Zapatan; Oct 14, 2019 at 8:06 PM. Reason: Typo

Old Posted Oct 14, 2019, 8:11 PM
New Yorker for life

That rendering is from a couple of years ago, not the original. Not the newest either. But the newer renderings were removed from the site last time I checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
The setbacks are the first thing I noticed in the newer rendering. It's why I was looking for more of a taper than some of the renders suggest. But it's the best part of the building I believe. The spire is substantial.

https://www.6sqft.com/new-renderings...00-foot-spire/

Old Posted Oct 14, 2019, 8:59 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
That rendering is from a couple of years ago, not the original. Not the newest either. But the newer renderings were removed from the site last time I checked.
I had forgotten about those setbacks under the fins in the old one, but yea you're right. I'm curious to see if the new 987' design will be more interesting than a box. If it could be anything close to the old one that'd be great

Old Posted Oct 14, 2019, 9:17 PM

This tower has has like 15 different iterations, so I'm kinda past caring.

But I guess if it's Boston Properties developing and SOM designing it can't be that bad.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 8:42 PM
Ω

Much better, if that's the redesign. Looks more like the original design from 2004 or whatever.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2019, 4:45 PM
New Yorker for life

Most if the biggies have anchor tenants, except for 3 Hudson, 2 WTC, and 15 Penn. I wouldn't put Tower Fifth or the Grand Hyatt tower in that category.

https://www.bisnow.com/new-york/news...e-space-101540

IBM On The Hunt For Massive NYC Office Space As It Weighs WeWork Exit

October 29, 2019

Quote:
IBM is on the lookout for roughly 500K SF of office space to pull all its separate city locations together to one location, Crain’s New York Business reports. The move would involve IBM ditching WeWork’s 88 University Place. IBM occupies that entire Greenwich Village building, which WeWork leases from an entity controlled by former CEO Adam Neumann. Sources told Crain’s that IBM hired former Cushman & Wakefield leasing broker Marlene Manzella as its head of leasing and transactions in North America and tasked her with consolidating its offices. C&W will be helping with the search for new space, which could be as big as 500K SF.
Quote:
If IBM does withdraw from the WeWork location, it likely won't be for at least a few years, as its lease at 51 Astor Place, where it occupies 144K SF, runs until 2024. The company also has space at 590 Fifth Ave. in the Plaza District, per Crain’s. IBM is the latest tech firm said to be looking around the city for an office space to plant its flag. There have been multiple reports of Facebook prowling around for a lease, reportedly weighing a big footprint at Hudson Yards at one point and now, most recently, facing off with Apple for the 740K SF of offices at the Farley building.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2019, 3:56 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: JC_Heights

Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 5:14 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
This tower has has like 15 different iterations, so I'm kinda past caring.

But I guess if it's Boston Properties developing and SOM designing it can't be that bad.
I think that FxFowle is the architect -- not SOM.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2019, 2:50 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Construction Activity Resumes At Three Hudson Boulevard In Hudson Yards

Quote:
Work appears to have resumed at Three Hudson Boulevard in Hudson Yards, the 11th-tallest project under construction in New York in YIMBY’s annual countdown. Work on the foundations of the planned 940-foot-tall office skyscraper stalled in 2019 while the scope and architectural form of the structure underwent several revisions. However, activity was recently spotted at the southern end of the property, where a small group of workers are currently forming the final section of the reinforced concrete foundation wall. The 53-story project is designed by FXCollaborative and being developed by Moinian Group.

A number of large vertical steel beams are already in place toward the western side of the property, as is a giant steel truss on the northern end of the rectangular site. The outline for the core walls has been formed with steel rebar, which stands vertically at the center of the foundation slab. Work should hopefully continue on through 2020 and begin to ascend at some point in the year.

Three Hudson Boulevard sits between West 34th Street and West 35th Street by the northern entrance to the 7 train. It will yield 1,538,210 square feet of commercial space. Though it will come up short of supertall status, it will nonetheless contribute to the growing density of the Hudson Yards neighborhood. The flat roof parapet will eclipse the height of 55 Hudson Yards to the south, but will be surpassed by 66 Hudson Boulevard, aka “The Spiral,” which is rising directly to the east across Bella Abzug Park.
===================
NYY

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction