HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 24, 2013, 8:44 PM

^
That is one beautiful school; I am blown away!

Old Posted Nov 26, 2013, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan.jam View Post
^
That is one beautiful school; I am blown away!
For real!
and for a $230 a month mortgage you could send your kid(s) there
http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...15-28600?row=1\

blows my mind that a school district is mostly like that and also has houses like this
http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...47-09849?row=1

Out east it is much more homogenized (to a fault, is my point)

Last edited by Mappy; Nov 26, 2013 at 2:43 PM.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2013, 4:36 PM

Once-condemned OTR church will become three-level brewpub
Quote:
A church in Over-the-Rhine that was once slated for demolition by the city will instead become a three-floor brewpub named after one of Cincinnati’s most famous native sons.

Three investors, including a New York restaurateur and the brewer at Listermann Brewing Co., plan to turn the former St. Paul’s Church at 1429 Race St. into Taft’s Ale House, named after President William Howard Taft.

The $7 million to $8 million brewpub will feature original beers crafted by Kevin Moreland, who started the Triple Digit brand at Listermann. It will be co-owned by Moreland, investor David Williams and David Kassling, the proprietor of Tri Tip Grill, which has two locations in New York City.
Source: http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnat...ll-become.html

Old Posted Dec 12, 2013, 12:42 AM

Anna Louise, Broadway Square near starts
Quote:
Walnut Hills-based developer the Model Group expects to begin site development work and construction soon on the new Anna Louise Inn in Mount Auburn and mixed-use Broadway Square development in Pendleton.

The property development, commercial construction and management company is also on a track to execute its strategic plan and broaden its urban scope outside of Southwest Ohio and Northern Kentucky.

Bobby Maly, the Model Group’s principal and chief operating officer, said the company hopes to close on financing that would allow it to begin work at both sites by the end of December. With Model Group serving as general contractor for both projects, Maly said he’s excited about the firm’s prospects with its several ongoing projects.

“We’re busy,” Maly said. “Some of these projects took so long to get going they just randomly happened at one time. We’re excited.
Source: http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...tarts?gcheck=1

Old Posted Dec 20, 2013, 1:08 AM

Streetcar construction to resume next week!!!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...oject/4130747/

Old Posted Dec 20, 2013, 1:41 PM

I am soooo happy that we are going to finish the streetcar. It would have been embarrassing on a national level if we would have cancelled mid construction (like the subway). With this council and mayor cranley at the healm I didn't have a lot of hope but was very pleasantly surprised by this outcome. I was ready to move back to Chicago, but hurray now I can stay in Cincinnati and start fighting to get the streetcar up the hill to UC.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2013, 8:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucgrady369 View Post
I am soooo happy that we are going to finish the streetcar. It would have been embarrassing on a national level if we would have cancelled mid construction (like the subway). With this council and mayor cranley at the healm I didn't have a lot of hope but was very pleasantly surprised by this outcome. I was ready to move back to Chicago, but hurray now I can stay in Cincinnati and start fighting to get the streetcar up the hill to UC.
Agreed. We need to keep this momentum going and get some extensions built.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2013, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natiboy View Post
Agreed. We need to keep this momentum going and get some extensions built.
If it's true the tracks that are going in are designed for light rail, I'd like to see a few extensions designed as part of a regional rail plan. But I guess baby steps are required for Cincinnati.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2014, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAL View Post
If it's true the tracks that are going in are designed for light rail, I'd like to see a few extensions designed as part of a regional rail plan. But I guess baby steps are required for Cincinnati.
We'll get there, eventually.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2014, 12:42 AM

Hotel in works for Newport on the Levee
Quote:
A six-story hotel is in the works for the expansion of Newport on the Levee, WCPO reports.

Musselman Hotels LLC has applied for a rebate of up to $8.3 million in sales taxes over 10 years from the Kentucky Toursm Department Finance Authority for the $33.1 million project.

The request will be considered at a meeting in Frankfort on Wednesday, but final approval could take six to eight weeks.
Source: http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnat...the-levee.html

Old Posted Jan 9, 2014, 1:55 AM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAL View Post
Does this explain why they have gone with standard rail instead tram/girder rail?

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jan 9, 2014, 4:02 AM

ABOUT TIME they make use of the surface lot!

Old Posted Jan 9, 2014, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Does this explain why they have gone with standard rail instead tram/girder rail?
Partially. It's for this reason as well as to qualify for some federal grants (I forget the name of the program) that required the rails to be fabricated in the US. Typical streetcar track isn't manufactured anywhere in the US so they went with a company that does light rail track. I've heard this will be beneficial in the form of easier maintenance in the future which is just another bonus of the track used.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2014, 10:22 PM
Show me the blueprints

Yeah, that probably does explain it. Shocking that it's come to a point where the US can't even produce some trolley track. In a reaction to this and the buy-America requirement, the newly developed "block rail" holds a lot of promise. Here's the whole story from ReconnectingAmerica.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jan 10, 2014, 12:03 AM

Tower Place mall gets new name, purpose
Quote:
Work is under way to turn the defunct Tower Place mall into Mabley Place – a fancy, nostalgic name for a building that will help fill one of downtown Cincinnati’s most basic, practical needs.

Mabley Place, at the intersection of Fourth and Race streets, will be a parking garage, primarily, with 775 parking spaces. Several retail or restaurant spaces will also fill the exterior of the first floor.

The city has leased the Pogue’s garage site to Indianapolis-based developer Flaherty & Collins, which expects to begin demolishing the crumbling, 45-year-old structure June 1, according to Vice President Jim Crossin.

It will be replaced with a 30-story tower featuring 300 high-end apartments, a 15,000-square-foot independent grocery store and a 1,000-space garage. The city is contributing $12 million toward that $97 million project.
Source: http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...1070158&Ref=AR

Old Posted Jan 22, 2014, 12:41 AM

Renderings and a site plan were released today for the new development at 15tha dn Race streets in Over-the-Rhine.

It will include 7 townhomes, 50 apartments, and a 300 space parking garage.

Source: http://www.3cdc.org/our-projects/cur...ace-mixed-use/

Old Posted Jan 23, 2014, 2:49 PM

As much as I love what 3CDC is doing, they need to step up the design of these projects. Historic massing to fit its surroundings is great, but the materials and design need to be more contemporary. Faux historic next to some of the best actual historic architecture in the country doesn't look right and ends up making the project look cheap. Also 300 parking spaces? They do realize the streetcar is going to surround this block right?

Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 4:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucgrady369 View Post
As much as I love what 3CDC is doing, they need to step up the design of these projects. Historic massing to fit its surroundings is great, but the materials and design need to be more contemporary. Faux historic next to some of the best actual historic architecture in the country doesn't look right and ends up making the project look cheap. Also 300 parking spaces? They do realize the streetcar is going to surround this block right?
I actually don't mind the design. I completely agree on the parking garage though. Way too much parking.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 4:23 AM

This is now under construction:

Developers reveal name of new downtown apartment tower
Quote:
NorthPointe Group and North American Properties today revealed the name of their planned $23 million downtown Cincinnati apartment tower: Seven at Broadway.

The 111-unit luxury apartment building is being constructed above the Seventh and Broadway Garage, located at the southwest corner of Seventh and Broadway streets. Downtown-based real estate developer and design-build construction company Al Neyer was selected as general contractor for the project.

Construction, which started this month, is expected to take 13 or 14 months, depending on the weather. Residents are expected to start moving into the units in early 2015.
Source: http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnat...-downtown.html

Old Posted Feb 3, 2014, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natiboy View Post
I actually don't mind the design. I completely agree on the parking garage though. Way too much parking.
I actually really like that design too. Its basically classic Italianate using modern lines, and a few actual Italianate cornices thrown in.

Parking does seem exorbitant, unless they open it up to the neighborhood to buy permits and keep cars out of the streets.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations