HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography

Old Posted Nov 22, 2013, 2:34 PM

I want to take some photos

I'd like to take some photos from some of the high rises in Atlanta like from inside the Sun Trust Plaza or the Georgia Pacific buildings to mention a couple but am not sure if that would be allowed or not.

Can anyone tell me if that type thing is possible and if so how to go about it? I have some unique ideas that aren't your ordinary tall building photos and would like to think I have an eye for things most people overlook. Thanks!

William

Old Posted Nov 22, 2013, 7:15 PM

I'm no expert in photography, but if those places are private buildings, then you have to ask for permission to go in, and ask for permission to take pictures. if they say yes, then you can probably take it from there and work with them to get the pictures that you want. If they say no, I think you're out of luck.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2013, 11:55 AM

Thanks and you're right...I did contact security at one building and they are looking into it for me and will let me know.

William

Old Posted Nov 26, 2013, 12:55 AM
3rd Coast King

Just do a google search or try asking in the Atlanta forum....

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/foru...hp?forumid=330

My Book

Old Posted Nov 27, 2013, 9:59 PM
Red October standing by

reminds me of getting into a tower under construction in Columbia, South Carolina. on saturday, i asked with a buddy at the front desk. no dice.

sunday morning, i walked in with another buddy, said hi to the desk guard and walked to the elevator, to the top floor, showed off the conferences rooms to my buddy with the slr, walked past the construction crew to the roof, locked ourselves out of the floor and walked down 8 stories until we found an unlocked door back to the elevator.

see if there's a firm you can book an appointment with? offer to take photos for the building management?

-

-fflint

Old Posted Nov 27, 2013, 10:39 PM
3rd Coast King

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSyd View Post
reminds me of getting into a tower under construction in Columbia, South Carolina. on saturday, i asked with a buddy at the front desk. no dice.

sunday morning, i walked in with another buddy, said hi to the desk guard and walked to the elevator, to the top floor, showed off the conferences rooms to my buddy with the slr, walked past the construction crew to the roof, locked ourselves out of the floor and walked down 8 stories until we found an unlocked door back to the elevator.

see if there's a firm you can book an appointment with? offer to take photos for the building management?

-
Or just break and enter. That seems to work out well sometimes too.

My Book

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography