HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 16, 2024, 3:55 AM

Sounds like you're a huge fan of the space shuttle. Did you get the opportunity to check it out on your visit?

Old Posted Jan 18, 2024, 1:37 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Moderator Note: citywatch has been suspended for one month - not banned - for repeatedly violating forum rules of posting off topic content about other cities. They were warned multiple times. I would also warn other forumers of posting personal attacks or off-topic posts like crime or protests in front of Crypto.com Arena (still hate that name). If not directly linked to development either by developer, press, or municipal reports or communication, those are considered off topic and will result in additional suspensions.

I feel like a broken record, but please keep it civil, respectful, and on topic.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 12:40 AM

I saw this pic in the "found city photos" subforum. Scroll to the right and see Olympic + Hill popping up on the skyline!

Los Angeles Skyline January 2024 by Kelvin Cheng, on Flickr

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 12:50 AM

Wow, that's a hell of a shot!

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 1:01 AM

^Great shot! It's interesting how the lighting goes from warm to cool as you approach South Park.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 1:47 AM

Amazing photo!!!

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 6:43 PM

gorgeous shot! always wishing for the gap between south park and bunker hill to be plugged, but otherwise it looks amazing

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 8:10 PM
April Melissa Sandever

Thumbs up Olympic + Hill

Agreed amazing photo of the night skyline!

April Junior Website Manager @ SkyscraperPage

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 10:19 PM

Downtown looks nice and thick from that angle. I think I see my old apartment down there.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2024, 9:58 PM

All the palm trees in the forefront make this skyline unique.
Love it.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2024, 9:32 AM

Has this project been previously mentioned?

https://www.laconservancy.org/save-p...co-union-hpoz/

Old Posted Jan 22, 2024, 9:38 AM

Figueroa Eight apartment tower

Old Posted Jan 22, 2024, 11:09 AM

Old Posted Jan 22, 2024, 3:19 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

The base of Figueroa Eight surpasses my expectations of how it would turn out based on the renderings. A rare win for LA in that department. Here's looking forward to Mitui's tower on 8th between Hope & Grand!
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Jan 22, 2024, 4:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
The base of Figueroa Eight surpasses my expectations of how it would turn out based on the renderings. A rare win for LA in that department. Here's looking forward to Mitui's tower on 8th between Hope & Grand!
Yes!!! I totally agree…when you see it in person…it’s extremely elegant.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2024, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Figueroa Eight looks good for several reasons, not least that its parking podium doesn't look like one since they used the same high-quality glass as the rest of the tower.

And what a location! It's even better than South Park. Right across the street, there's Target for groceries, several eateries, and a bunch of shops in the FigAt7 complex. And the 7th St./Metro Center subway station, served by the A, B, D, and E lines, is just a block over.

pwright1, thanks for posting the pics!

Last edited by craigs; Jan 23, 2024 at 12:26 AM.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2024, 8:27 PM

The Mitsui tower looks great, what a nice addition to that stretch of Figueroa. Hopefully it can help add some activity to the Financial District, which is struggling due to office issues.

On that note, if we want DTLA to keep progressing (instead of moving backwards), the City really needs to get serious about helping to support office buildings there. Realistically, the vast majority will not work for conversion. My thought is that the City should use tax incentives, both for real estate owners and tenants, to encourage a revival. For example, the City could offer property tax abatements on any new investment into office buildings within downtown (tenant improvements, building renovations), business tax abatements on tenants locating downtown, etc. Addressing the office challenges downtown would be a huge boost for development downtown, as it would spur continued growth of apartments, retail, restaurants, etc. This isn't just an LA-specific issue, so I'd love to see the State team up with cities to create a program oriented towards boosting CBDs across the state.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2024, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKid View Post
The Mitsui tower looks great, what a nice addition to that stretch of Figueroa. Hopefully it can help add some activity to the Financial District, which is struggling due to office issues.

On that note, if we want DTLA to keep progressing (instead of moving backwards), the City really needs to get serious about helping to support office buildings there. Realistically, the vast majority will not work for conversion. My thought is that the City should use tax incentives, both for real estate owners and tenants, to encourage a revival. For example, the City could offer property tax abatements on any new investment into office buildings within downtown (tenant improvements, building renovations), business tax abatements on tenants locating downtown, etc. Addressing the office challenges downtown would be a huge boost for development downtown, as it would spur continued growth of apartments, retail, restaurants, etc. This isn't just an LA-specific issue, so I'd love to see the State team up with cities to create a program oriented towards boosting CBDs across the state.
That requires leadership and unfortunately, we only have virtue signaling idiots in charge across the board right now. No one is interested in thinking outside the box on anything. To give you one small example, i have called council district 1 (Eunisses Hernandez) office multiple times to try and get a couple homeless encampments cleaned and cleared and all they tell me is to vote to reduce the police budget while her district is quickly turning to dog shit

Old Posted Jan 23, 2024, 11:46 PM

8th and Fig looks absolutely fantastic in person and if this is any indication of the quality that will be used for 8th and Grand, im even more anxious about that tower now. It was already a top 3 favorite proposal for Downtown LA. I sincerely hope we get some movement on that in the next 6 months

Old Posted Jan 23, 2024, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSportsFan View Post
That requires leadership and unfortunately, we only have virtue signaling idiots in charge across the board right now. No one is interested in thinking outside the box on anything. To give you one small example, i have called council district 1 (Eunisses Hernandez) office multiple times to try and get a couple homeless encampments cleaned and cleared and all they tell me is to vote to reduce the police budget while her district is quickly turning to dog shit
Damn, shes worthless.

Yea, I got roasted here a few months ago for saying the City Council/Bass has no forward thinking ability about 2028 Olympics (or anything) and them working on homeless (?) is enough.
Like somehow doing both is an impossible feat. They could easily plan on getting Hollywood Blvd more presentable but they just dont care. 200 affordable housing units (yawn) is more impressive I guess.
Laziest council in america probably. No effort at all to turn downtown around.

Herandez looks like a complete moron who wanted to get elected for her damn ego. I think some of them dont try because "gentrification" worries. Hernandez for sure.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations