HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

View Poll Results: Which best describes your opinion on the state prison relocation?
Should be rebuilt at current Draper site. 13 48.15%
Keep it at Draper, no rebuild necessary. 3 11.11%
Move it, but not to the airport site. 6 22.22%
I AGREE WITH THE LEGISLATURE! MOVE IT TO SLC! !! 5 18.52%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Sep 28, 2015, 8:43 PM
Engineer

Poll: Utah state prison relocation

http://utahpolicy.com/index.php/feat...h-policy/7128-

A new poll indicates that a plurality of Utahns (46%) think the prison should have been kept in Draper (either as a rebuild or as is). Not that it matters at this point, since the prison will be relocated to Salt Lake (no matter what anyone does, short of an outright revolt of the masses), but I was wondering how you, my fellow Salt Lake forumers, would have responded to this poll. At the very least, please vote, and feel free to elaborate if you want.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2015, 11:10 PM
Exurb Enjoyer

Move the prison to carbon county to make up for the lost coal miner jobs. Use smaller ones closer to SLC for those approaching court dates.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 2:03 AM

I think the idea of building so close to the wetlands to be a bad idea. That's my main reason for not liking the chosen location, but they would have developed the area anyway.

I mostly care about building it smaller and focusing on rehabilitation and returning as productive members of society. The salt lake region is probably the best place for that.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 4:48 AM
I am a victim!!!

Where's the "OTHER" option?

Stop mass incarcerations! Free the prisoners and turn the prison into a giant haunted house just in time for Halloween (2016). Hire the prisoners to work in the haunted house to give them some form of employment while they search for other work. Then tear it down!

Old Posted Sep 30, 2015, 9:29 PM
Exit 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Laker View Post
Free the prisoners
That's not a very popular idea. Especially those busted on violent crime felonies.

We have prisoners like this guy and this guy in there. And lets not forget countless other guys like these who deserved to be locked in there (and perhaps executed, too). And plenty of future violent felons who will be locked in there (hopefully few executed, though).

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West