HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Dec 7, 2015, 5:34 AM
Provincial Bumpkin

You guys in Utah can whine all you want. The real travesty is the Colorado State - Nevada matchup in a "bowl" game that isn't even in TV. They oughta just boycott

Old Posted Dec 7, 2015, 6:46 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
You guys in Utah can whine all you want. The real travesty is the Colorado State - Nevada matchup in a "bowl" game that isn't even in TV. They oughta just boycott
Any team that's not playing in the College Football Playoff should just boycott. The sooner the power conferences kill the current bowl system in favor of an expanded playoff system, the better. That 10 PAC 12 teams are going to a bowl game just shows how pathetic the whole current system is.

If you're not Clemson, Alabama, Michigan State or Oklahoma then no one cares about the Bowl you're in.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Dec 7, 2015, 8:58 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

That's not true, there are still some bowls that have independent interest and value. I'd still love to win a Rose Bowl, and I don't care if it's part of the playoff or not. I think the Holiday Bowl is fun, and probably the threshold below which I don't care.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2015, 8:47 AM
Bring out the cranes...

How I try to resist, but I went ahead and did it anyway. Because deep deep inside me I do care.
My brother and I have a new vlog YouTube channel. And we thought, what the hell let's give our predictions for the 2015 Las Vegas Bowl between the University of Utah and the BYU kittens. you guys might actually be surprised by my pick.

Video Link
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Dec 11, 2015, 1:46 PM

Love your guys passion, projects.

Sweet beard!

Old Posted Dec 11, 2015, 3:39 PM
cities|transit|croissants

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
The sooner the power conferences kill the current bowl system in favor of an expanded playoff system, the better.
Nonono. I do not want more than 4 teams in the playoff. I want the regular season to matter. For god's sake, no NFC East situations in college! When the Redskins, Eagles, or Giants finish 6-10 they should not be making the playoffs!

The bowls are just fine. They're fun exhibition games for teams that obviously aren't national championship caliber. That's all they need to be. The entire concept of organized sports is nothing but exhibition anyway. The only problem is there are maybe 10 too many bowl games. But I'd rather too many bowls than too many playoff bowls.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2015, 6:10 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrendog View Post
Love your guys passion, projects.

Sweet beard!
Thanks.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2015, 6:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
When the Redskins, Eagles, or Giants finish 6-10 they should not be making the playoffs!
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Cowboys fan here. We still have a legitimate shot at the playoffs too!!!!

Wait, who am I kidding? Carry on.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2015, 12:33 AM

That damn abomination of a first quarter is going to give me nightmares. I am so pissed at how unprepared bronco coached teams are in big games. Absolutely pathetic.

Congrats ute fans, your team is still in BYU's head and it messes with their psyche. Hopefully Kalani Sitake can right this ship at BYU at instill a better attitude.

Damn.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2015, 12:36 AM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
That damn abomination of a first quarter is going to give me nightmares. I am so pissed at how unprepared bronco coached teams are in big games. Absolutely pathetic.

Congrats ute fans, your team is still in BYU's head and it messes with their psyche. Hopefully Kalani Sitake can right this ship at BYU at instill a better attitude.

Damn.
Don't feel too bad at least you guys played in more quarters. You guys have a very promising future with your freshman quarterback that apparently is a lot better than our joke of a quarterback. I won't be missin Travis Wilson next year.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2015, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
Don't feel too bad at least you guys played in more quarters. You guys have a very promising future with your freshman quarterback that apparently is a lot better than our joke of a quarterback. I won't be missin Travis Wilson next year.
I appreciate you not rubbing salt in my wound. You're a good dude.

Utah comes out nasty and prepared. Who do you have on tap to replace Mr. Giraffe Wilson?

Uggh. Gonna hurt for a while.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2015, 6:13 AM

Though it pains me to say it, I've got to you give kudos to BYU. They did not quit after the toughest single quarter beat-down I've ever seen, and really made it a game. I think Utah is lucky the defense jumped on them so early, because the offense could not compete.

And BYU has got some very good freshman. They're gonna be tough going forward.

Glad the Utes got the W. Now go get a QB.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2015, 6:43 PM
Space Magi

We actually have a couple really good QB prospects coming in, Troy Williams and Tyler Huntley, as well as Chase Hansen. Williams is a junior college guy who played at Washington before Sarkisian left. He was the number one dual threat QB out of high school and seems to be a much better passer than Wilson ever was. Huntley is a freshman out of Florida, where he won the Gatorade player of the year for the state. Both have absurd passing numbers, but only time will tell if either will pan out at Utah. Chase Hansen will be a baller wherever he ends up on the field, and it looks increasingly like it may be on defense.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2015, 9:20 PM

The prospects sound good, Atlas. That's good to hear. I liked Travis Wilson, I think he did some very good things in his time at Utah. But he was certainly limited, and I think we saw this year that in the PAC12, more is required to reach the top of the mountain.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2016, 6:26 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
I appreciate you not rubbing salt in my wound. You're a good dude.

Utah comes out nasty and prepared. Who do you have on tap to replace Mr. Giraffe Wilson?

Uggh. Gonna hurt for a while.
The charts are deep on Q back transfers. Utes are getting three kids that played at the top high school in FL. Two are Q backs. One is a WR/TE and has played every game with one Q back. Chase Hansen can't practice until summer. I don't know what he'll do. There's a Jr. transfer from California and the kid from Timpview that played with Covey has got Academic Issues, but committed to the U. He'll either play back or Qback.

I'm glad to see Sitake accept at BYU. He got an assistant coach away from Anderson at Ore St. I think he is assembling a very solid group of guys who will help change the program. I didn't think much of Bronco when he logged on and posted what he thought of anyone who wasn't fond of him in the Trib. I don't post there, but it was not exactly impressive to see Bronco go after fans. He got paid and he made the decisions. BYU fans are not responsible.

Take it easy on Wilson. I don't know how many can really appreciate he put on the line with his brain aneurysm. UT would have looked a lot different had our TE/WR not been injured to the third string. I'm looking forward to new things, but Wilson never knew if a sac would start his brain bleeding. If adults can't see the win in what Wilson beat his Sr. year, we'really worse off than we know, IMO.

Now we'll see what the others look like in the Spring.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2016, 10:22 PM
Honored Member

Signing Day

Three big recruits going out-of-state so far.

1. Four star Simi Fehoko, Brighton WR - to Stanford.
2. Doug Taumoelau, Brighton Linebacker --to Oregon St.
3. Lyric Bartley, Taylorsville DE -- to WSU.

Still, it looks like many will stay in Utah for their college football. The surprise seemed to be Keaton Bills-Corner Canyon DE ---Utah (said BYU was close second). BYU is getting some out-of-state that were going to assign elsewhere.

There are others and I hope someone will update later.

One I was following a four star RB from Jackson Hole, WY leaves me puzzled. Offered full scholarships to BYU, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Washington and Stanford among others. Was leaning to Stanford or Utah pre-Christmas. He visited Stanford twice. Signed with WY today. Go figure

Old Posted Feb 7, 2016, 8:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2I.F. View Post
One I was following a four star RB from Jackson Hole, WY leaves me puzzled. Offered full scholarships to BYU, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Washington and Stanford among others. Was leaning to Stanford or Utah pre-Christmas. He visited Stanford twice. Signed with WY today. Go figure
If his family is in Wyoming, and they don't want to travel to see him play, then I can respect that.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2016, 8:02 AM

Two things.

http://www.denverpost.com/business/c...-tail-frontier

And GO BUFFS! The best athletic facilities in the country.

https://vimeo.com/156655806

Old Posted Sep 21, 2016, 8:47 PM

Big Weekend For Football in the Region:

Utah vs USC - is it time for the Utes to take control of the PAC 12 South?

Colorado vs Oregon - the much improved Buffs could challenge perennial power Oregon.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2016, 3:56 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinx88844 View Post
Big Weekend For Football in the Region:

Utah vs USC - is it time for the Utes to take control of the PAC 12 South?

Colorado vs Oregon - the much improved Buffs could challenge perennial power Oregon.
I agree the Buffs look great this year. Congrats to both the Buffs and Utes for the Ws!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West