HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jan 14, 2017, 3:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotag277 View Post
The building seemed to be a boondoggle from the beginning and it seems the topic is actually quite boring. A product which didn't have the appeal to sell reasonable numbers during preconstruction went ahead anyway and now, surprise surprise, the entity holding the ball of these unsold units is in receivership.

As much as the Trump haters would love to tie this to the man himself, it actually has very little to do with Trump himself, as he laughs all the way to the bank by charging exorbitant branding fees to these inept developers who somehow get hundreds of millions of financing but don't have the financial sense to understand that if you don't sell during preconstruction you probably shouldn't build it.
So Trump allows his name to be attached to something that you correctly predicted to be a boondoggle from the beginning. If that's how he runs his businesses it doesn't inspire confidence in how he'll run his government.

Quote:
The collective need that some of you have for safe spaces where no one disagrees with your political views is really out of control.
Expressing amusement about Trump apologists equates to needing spaces where nobody disagrees with me? That's a truly Trump-esque leap in logic.

Quote:
No, I don't believe he has a personality disorder, and moreover I don't genuinely believe anyone really does, outside of opportunistic vacuous political attacks that only exist in the bizarro world of political discourse.
You don't believe that anyone really has personality disorders? Do you also believe that nobody really has cancer?

Old Posted Jan 14, 2017, 8:22 AM
sick transit, gloria

Quote:
Political discourse in 2017 means looking at a person's twitter account and playing armchair psychologist. This is the levels of absurdity we have sunk too.
I don't even know where you are coming from at this point. kw argued this better than I can repeat it. I can't help but think you aren't a smart person at this point.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2017, 3:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwell View Post
I don't even know where you are coming from at this point. kw argued this better than I can repeat it. I can't help but think you aren't a smart person at this point.
Lol...A Trump fan complaining about the level of political discourse is a bit rich isn't it?

Old Posted Jan 14, 2017, 10:24 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
That sounds pretty cheap to me... Only $298 million for a building that size, on property that centrally located?

They would probably have been more successful if they weren't associated with an orange racist pig.
Classy

Old Posted Jan 14, 2017, 10:30 PM
gettin' rich!

Scotiaplaza sold a few years back for $1.2 billion, and is right next to Trump. Considering the very small footprint of the Trump Tower, I believe the price is fair, and 300 million is the all in price, they probably could sell for more if they split everything up.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2017, 11:08 PM
Fake News

If I was really rich I'd buy it and change the sign to DUMP. Then I'd convert it into a museum chronicling all of his failed businesses and misdeeds. It would be similar to Bif's Back to the Future 2 museum but would chronicle his complete idiocy.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2017, 11:14 PM
sick transit, gloria

This is a bit off topic but I find this weird revisionist history of trump an amazing tactician playing 4D chess or whatever to be baffling. I mean just look at the vote results - he got what you can expect any republican candidate to get. It's the dems who messed up by running a terrible candidate. Post election it's pretty clear that trump himself didn't even really expect to win.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2017, 11:14 PM
sick transit, gloria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
Classy
How about we look at your post history and what you have said about Trudeau?

Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 2:03 AM
Fake News

Quote:
This is a bit off topic but I find this weird revisionist history of trump an amazing tactician playing 4D chess or whatever to be baffling. I mean just look at the vote results - he got what you can expect any republican candidate to get. It's the dems who messed up by running a terrible candidate. Post election it's pretty clear that trump himself didn't even really expect to win.
Yeah, I don't really get it either. He benifitted from the Russians hacking his opponent, the FBI director throwing him a life preserver just as Hillary was winning in the polls and most of all from the sheer unpopularity of his opponent (I still believe much of it was sexist but she definitely had skeletons in her closet). He also beniffited from the Tea Party establishment of extremists who sewed the seeds of dischord before he even entered the presidential race. If anything he's an opportunistic demagogue. Some people will call that intelligent but I disagree. Trump is a great salesman, nothing more. Any actual policy ideas are simply beyond him. He's an empty suit. A Russian puppet.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 3:16 AM

Quote:
It's the dems who messed up by running a terrible candidate.
Sums it up pretty well. That, and the way the Electoral College works.

Russian hacking, lol.

Also, as someone else put it in the US politics thread a while ago, if you want to make sure the FBI doesn't say anything about your candidate during the campaign, then you don't choose to run a candidate who's under investigation by the FBI.

In both cases the blame is to be placed on the people who are responsible for that skeleton being in that closet, not on the people who happened to open the door.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 3:28 AM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
Classy
It's the best, most classiest, most terrific post EVUH. No one criticizes Trump as bigly and huge as vid. Now look the other way as I call journalists I don't like "fake news" to avoid hard questions. To quote the Ratings Machine DJT, "Wrong!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
Sums it up pretty well. That, and the way the Electoral College works.

Russian hacking, lol.

Also, as someone else put it in the US politics thread a while ago, if you want to make sure the FBI doesn't say anything about your candidate during the campaign, then you don't choose to run a candidate who's under investigation by the FBI.

In both cases the blame is to be placed on the people who are responsible for that skeleton being in that closet, not on the people who happened to open the door.
I find it hard to accept that Hillary is "the worstest, most corrupt un-tremendous canddiate EVUH" because of all the investigations and hearings held against her, none of which have ever really found her guilty of anything more than bad optics. Even Ratings Machine DJT (golden showers be upon Him) has said he won't investigate her again. He knows it's fucking pointless.

So instead of Hillary "I keep emails on a private server and accept money from Saudi royals (an American ally)" Clinton, we've got Donald "I think giving my son/advisor full control of my business is a blind trust and I owe the Russians (not an American ally) money" Trump. I don't understand how the latter is better than the former in terms of leading the world's most influential country, but being a wage worker in a city that was literally destroyed by free trade, I guess I'm just not able to understand how an orange man with gold plated bathrooms represents people like me.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 3:36 AM
be nice to the crackheads

Migs reacting to a negative Trump comment? Why am I not surprised?

These hardcore Cons and Libs are so predictable.

Remember, this is the guy that said we should bomb and erase Afghanistan from the air. Classy indeed.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 3:40 AM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by giallo View Post
Migs reacting to a negative Trump comment? Why am I not surprised?
"That never happened. You're fake news! Wrong!" -Ratings Machine DJT

Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 4:09 AM

If only Trump Vancouver was for sale....

Urks me so much having that vile man's name on one of Vancouver's best towers.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 4:43 AM
I am a typical

He isn't really involved in it, he just whores out his name to the highest bidders. Other companies have to run these buildings for him, since he obviously can't run a successful business.

Hopefully he'll be better at politics, since bad businessmen tend to make good politicians, amirite?

Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 8:04 AM
sick transit, gloria

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post

I find it hard to accept that Hillary is "the worstest, most corrupt un-tremendous canddiate EVUH" because of all the investigations and hearings held against her, none of which have ever really found her guilty of anything more than bad optics. Even Ratings Machine DJT (golden showers be upon Him) has said he won't investigate her again. He knows it's fucking pointless.

So instead of Hillary "I keep emails on a private server and accept money from Saudi royals (an American ally)" Clinton, we've got Donald "I think giving my son/advisor full control of my business is a blind trust and I owe the Russians (not an American ally) money" Trump. I don't understand how the latter is better than the former in terms of leading the world's most influential country, but being a wage worker in a city that was literally destroyed by free trade, I guess I'm just not able to understand how an orange man with gold plated bathrooms represents people like me.
She's not at all IMO. In my mind Hillary is no more corrupt than any politician. But the Democrats decided they wanted to put their trust in her which in my mind was a pretty bad error. Look at the popularity of Obama today compared to Hillary. That being said I don't think Bernie Sanders is any saviour and if under the intense scrutiny he'd probably end up pretty disgraced.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 3:54 PM
I am a typical

Quote:
That being said I don't think Bernie Sanders is any saviour and if under the intense scrutiny he'd probably end up pretty disgraced.
Compared to Trump, though...

Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 5:56 PM
Sawmill Billowtoker

Trump has an ownership stake in it, however. The ones who actually financed the buildings however are part of the reason why Trump is having rumours of treason. Post-Soviet kleptocrat money is responsible for having these buildings built and why Trump can brag about the money he has.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelebes View Post
Trump has an ownership stake in it, however. The ones who actually financed the buildings however are part of the reason why Trump is having rumours of treason. Post-Soviet kleptocrat money is responsible for having these buildings built and why Trump can brag about the money he has.
Source?

Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 6:46 PM
Sawmill Billowtoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoldtimer View Post
Source?

From The American Interest

http://www.the-american-interest.com...ampaign=buffer

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada