HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Sep 13, 2016, 1:32 AM
Community Guy

Edm Int'l Film Fest 2016 - Sept 29-Oct 8

http://www.edmontonfilmfest.com

The Edmonton International Film Festival… international, independent and eye-opening. Our Festival is about ‘discovery’. We strive to uncover cinematic gems and celebrate unique new voices in independent filmmaking. EIFF is about films and the people who make them.

Just a couple hours drive from the majestic Rocky Mountains, Edmonton is THE heart of the Canadian Prairies, the northernmost big city in North America. And with a population of more than one million people, this is a city that loves movies.

For ten days each autumn, Edmontonians feast on all things cinematic. It’s a veritable buffet of the best new indie filmmaking from around the globe. Our schedule includes 40 feature-length slots, and 75+ short films programmed into feature-length packages. All films screened at EIFF must be Edmonton premieres.

OFFICE HOURS & LOCATION
Suite #201, 10816A 82 Avenue | EDMONTON, Alberta | T6E 2B3 | Canada
Phone: 780.423.0844
E-mail:info@edmontonfilmfest.com
Office Hours: Weekdays M-F from 10am to 3pm

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Sep 27, 2016, 2:46 PM
Community Guy

Bump and in anticipation for this, DECL is hosting a 'Downtown Doc' night tomorrow, Wed, Sept 28th.

https://www.facebook.com/events/307443329630040/

Details
We are proud to host our first Downtown Docs Film Series event on Wednesday, September 28 at 7pm. This film series features films by Downtown filmmakers for or about Edmonton's core neighbourhoods!

Our first feature film is by Downtown filmmaker and resident Rosvita Dresnfeld of ID Productions. Drensfeld is Director of 'Broke', the Gemini-nominated documentary about an inner-city pawnshop.

Drensfeld will be in attendance to screen her 2014 film 'Anti-Social Limited' (58 minutes)*. She will give a short introduction before the screening and you will have the opportunity to ask questions of the filmmaker after.

FREE for DECL members, $5 for non-members. $5 2016-2017 DECL memberships will be available at the door.

*Please note that the feature documentary film being screened contains some course language. Viewer discretion is advised.

Snacks will be available. Cash bar.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2016, 4:21 PM
Community Guy

Reminder

Wha? We're already in DAY 4? How the heck did THAT happen?

Actually. Sitting back and thinking about it, it's GOOD that there are still six more days to go because we got a whole lot of awesomeness to get to. BUY tickets online for every EIFF film, or at the kiosks/box office at Landmark Cinemas 9 City Centre.

THE REHEARSAL | 102' | New Zealand | Dir: Alison Maclean
BUGS | 73' | Austria | Dir: Andreas Johnsen
AMERICAN HONEY | 163' | UK/USA | Dir: Andrea Arnold
LAND OF MINE | 100' | Denmark | Dir: Martin Zandvliet
THE HANDMAIDEN | 145' | South Korea | Dir: Park Chan-Wook
THE DRESSMAKER | 118' | Australia | Dir: Jocelyn Moorehouse
JULIETA | 96' | Spain | Dir: Pedro Almodovar
FIRST ROUND DOWN | 96' | Dirs: Jason & Brett Butler | Dirs: The Butler Brothers (attending)

>> FULL Schedule

PARKING

As we all know, parking rates have SKYROCKETED!

Here's 2 PARKING 'deals' which we discovered
At 103 Avenue & 102 Street... imagine you are looking SOUTH, facing the DELTA HOTEL entrance.

If you turn LEFT into the IMPARK lot, you can purchase a WEEKLY parking pass for $55.

If you turn RIGHT into the WEST PARKADE, on your way out, let the parking attendant know that you're at the film festival and they'll charge $5 for the day and/or $3 for evenings. Keep your movie stub as proof.

Thank-you to crew & volunteers for gathering this info. for festival-goers!

Old Posted Oct 3, 2016, 6:48 PM
Community Guy

Don't forget about these babies!

Today's LUNCHBOX SHORTS @ 12:10pm

Today is DAY 1 of LUNCHBOX SHORTS... our ever-popular noon-hour program that runs today thru Friday (Oct. 3-7) throughout the festival. Featuring five (5) short films, these 45-minute 'packages' start promptly at 12:10pm and end at 12:55, giving you just enough time to get back to the office. And... your $15 ticket includes LUNCH. Landmark Theatres Box Offices opens at 11:30am.

LUNCHBOX SHORTS 1 | TODAY @ 12:10pm | LUNCH is catered by ZENARI'S!

Today's films are:
I AM A PENCIL | 6-mins. | Australia
STUCK | 10-mins. | Netherlands
THE BOY AND THE SEA | 7-mins. | Netherlands
THE TOMATOES OF CARMELO | 14-mins. | Spain
THE BIG CRUNCH | 11-mins. | Canada

Festival Fact: EIFF is required to purchase all of the bottled water for LUNCHBOX SHORTS from Landmark Cinemas.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton