HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Apr 11, 2014, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCowboy View Post
We've talked about this a couple of times in the past, but a new report is suggesting the VA indeed pursue a partial move to Mission Bay, building on Salesforce property adjacent to UCSF. Lots of hurdles still to overcome though.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci....html?page=all
Wow. Do you mean they'd move the hospital from Lincoln Park to MB?

Old Posted Apr 12, 2014, 12:00 AM
dazzle me

man, benioff is a god. even if in the very unlikely event that salesforce collapses in 5 years and benioff is tossed into prison as an al qaida operative, he's done so much for sf during his short time as a tech titan that he has ascended to the pantheon of sf people. if his kids become mayors or congressmen, he has laid the cornerstone with this awesome string of philanthropic moves (and building out so much of the south fidi).

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 4:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone View Post
Wow. Do you mean they'd move the hospital from Lincoln Park to MB?
Doesn't seem it would be the whole operation....they have like a million sf in current location. But could move bulk of high intensity clinical stuff to MB.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 10:43 PM

Construction at EQR Potrero (a.k.a. Archstone Potrero, a.k.a. Daggett Triangle) site has apparently started. I saw pile driving equipment at the site. I hope this time this is for good. This will be a big piece of the puzzle to fill 16th street in Potrero and it will make the connection to MB that much more enjoyable.

Last edited by Potrero; Apr 14, 2014 at 12:03 AM.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2014, 5:33 AM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potrero View Post
Construction at EQR Potrero (a.k.a. Archstone Potrero, a.k.a. Daggett Triangle) site has apparently started. ...
yay, finally, and here is socketsite's confirmation

Old Posted Apr 20, 2014, 7:10 PM

from yesterday...

couple new cranes have appeared recently, one at the Kaiser site and a shorter blue one somewhere near 'Sol' (block 13W), but not sure exactly where. seen from Fourth, north side of Mission Creek:

the Kaiser site, as mentioned (not much change besides the crane):

a look west to east at block 11 'MB188', with a THANK YOU sign for the SF Fire Dept and others for helping with the fire at the other block of the project. to orient, the Commons would come in from the right, and Long Bridge St from the left (where blocks 12 and 13 can be seen rising, with Venue on Fourth in the distance).

speaking of the fire, most of the debris has now been cleared away from block 5 (which, as has been reported previously, will be rebuilt). saw three or four guys on site yesterday who seemed to be inspecting.

here is the overview from the Rutter parking garage roof:

at the public safety building, work has started on the little courtyard space on the SW corner where the 'All is Well Bell' will be:

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 8:47 PM

Already posted in the Warriors arena thread, but now it's a Mission Bay Story...Warriors have purchased Blocks 29-32 NE of the intersection of 3rd and 16th and will build the arena there.

It's kind of disappointing for the biomedical community there...takes a lot of potential development land for that use off the table.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...na-5418579.php

Certainly feels like the worst of the three sites to me.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 10:23 PM
She needs her space

^^^Interesting take RE: the biotech community.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 3:45 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms3_redux View Post
^^^Interesting take RE: the biotech community.
Well, it would still have been lost had Salesforce built their original plan, but I agree with everyone that this is the worst of the sites for the arena. I also agree with Wake that at least will have an arena for concerts, parties, etc. [I'm not a big BB fan either, which was tough having been about 6'6" when going to school in Indiana.]

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 4:17 AM

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 4:48 AM

Even though the word is already out about the Dogpatch, I bet it becomes the "it" neighborhood, like today. The Warriers just hastens that.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 4:56 AM

Obviously I'm in the minority here because I think this is a much better location. I just never saw how they were ever going to make it work at the piers site. I was certain that if they dug in their heels they would end up losing and in turn San Francisco would would lose (no arena and more waterfront restrictions). So I for one am very pleased. This is a big win for San Francisco, Mission Bay and for the redevelopment of the former Potrero shipyards.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2014, 6:43 AM

on Friday evening the light was good for highlighting the rise of the projects along Channel on the south side of the Creek:

in more normal light this afternoon, this is looking south at what will be the dog run between blocks 13 ('Sol') and 12 ('Arden')

work is ongoing on the pathway in front of the hospital. looking south:

and looking north from the Mariposa side:

and the sidewalk along Mariposa is slowly taking shape:

the courtyard entrance to the public safety building is also coming together:

Old Posted May 5, 2014, 2:50 PM

Potential hiccup for UCSF's planned purchase of Blocks 33/34...couple of supes are getting a little uppity about the affordable housing and infrastructure payments proposed in the deal.

For those who don't know, as a state entity, UCSF is exempt from the property tax and other fees normally associated with development, but the university generally makes deals for equivalent payments to offset the loss of that revenue for the city. In this case, UCSF is proposing to pay tens of millions upfront in exchange for a $7 million discount on the bill. Under normal development, those taxes and fees would be paid out by the developer over decades, so UCSF basically just wants a "paid with cash" discount.

A number of folks think it's a good deal, as getting a bulk payment up front lets the city move forward on affordable housing and other projects sooner, but some supes don't like it.

http://www.sfexaminer.com/sanfrancis...nt?oid=2787357

Old Posted May 6, 2014, 5:51 AM
Only Mostly Dead

Curbed has some info on Arden:

Quote:
The complex is under construction now, with an expected completion date of early 2015. The sales office will open this spring. Floor plans haven't been released yet, but the mix is looking to be primarily 2-bedrooms, with about 45 3-bedrooms and a smattering of one-beds.
And a few renderings I don't recall seeing before:

Follow the link to see bigger versions.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted May 7, 2014, 6:29 AM

thanks for posting the Arden info, pg. I kinda like that last street-level rendering.

moving over to the opposite end of the scale (can we say 'horrendering' for this one?), steel is rising rapidly at the Kaiser site (ah, they all look so promising at this stage!):

over at Daggett Place/Archstone/EQR Potrero at Seventh and 16th, work has started on chewing up the concrete base on site. here are some 'before' shots that it might be fun to look at in a couple years:

SE corner looking west-ish:

south-to-north:

south along the east edge:

west along south edge:

east along north edge:

and randomness... a crane and barge were sitting in the Creek yesterday evening, making me wonder if the little pier that Carmen's restaurant used to sit on is finally going byebye:

2121 Third ('the Gantry') is finally starting to lose its shroud. this is the Third St side, but I think the Illinois side is going to look nicer. one day I will get a morning shot from there:

south side of the public safety building:

they've started prepping for the landscaping around the UCSF office building:

the pathway in front of the hospital is getting more orderly:

Last edited by timbad; May 7, 2014 at 6:53 AM.

Old Posted May 21, 2014, 7:52 AM

made the rounds this weekend... 'Arden' up first

'Sol'...

Kaiser MB:

2121 Third, 'The Gantry'. Third St side.

Illinois St side. you can tell better in this shot that part of the surface has some brick texturing that I think looks good.

pathway in front of hospital has its concrete base. would have taken a couple more shots, but for the first time in seven years, I was asked by a security guard not to take pics of the construction!

the 'All is Well Bell' has been mounted at the public safety building:

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 1:14 PM

Thanks for the photo update, timbad!

On another note, the impact fees for Blocks 33-34 that UCSF is looking to purchase have been approved by the supes. I mentioned earlier that a couple of supes were complaining that UCSF was getting a break on the payments in exchange for paying them upfront rather than doling them out over 30 years. Those two supes still aren't happy with the deal and voted against it, but it still passed.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2014, 12:16 AM
dazzle me

socketsite drops renderings for the huge new 4 building office project on the edge of mission bay
http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...ssion-bay.html

Old Posted Jun 3, 2014, 3:16 AM

Those are the original designs from a year or so ago. I know the community was up in arms over the bulk of the project and the repeating pattern of 6 and 12 story buildings, but I don't know if any design changes resulted from that.

Anyway, been waiting to hear about this one, as it's one of the last dominoes to fall in Mission Bay. First phase of construction begins early next year.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development