HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 17, 2014, 10:32 PM

Park City - Elliott Work Group

April Update - 693 Main

http://elliottworkgroup.com

"The Parkite" 333 Main : Use to be the Mrs. Fields Mall

http://elliottworkgroup.com

A few new renderings @ http://www.bureaurealty.com

Last edited by delts145; Apr 21, 2014 at 6:16 PM.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2014, 1:47 AM

Wow, I love the design of that development!

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 6:14 PM

Me too Bob. Very chic, but at the same time a good fit for Main.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2014, 6:30 PM

Mayflower land, site of massive development rights, put on market

The acreage stretches from the Jordanelle Reservoir to Deer Valley slopes

Jay Hamburger, The Park Record

http://www.parkrecord.com/ci_2561597...hts-put-market

The Netherlands-based owners of the expansive Mayflower acreage, stretching from banks of the Jordanelle Reservoir toward the upper reaches of Deer Valley Resort, recently put the land on the market, according to the firm representing the seller.

It would be one of the Park City area's most notable real estate deals in recent decades if it is sold, encompassing between 4,000 and 5,000 acres of land carrying Wasatch County development rights for approximately 2,400 units. The precise number of acres is not known...

...He described Mayflower as a prime piece of land close to both Deer Valley and the Jordanelle Reservoir. Theobald said a little more than half of the development rights are located in close proximity to Deer Valley. An expansion of the ski terrain is anticipated, he said. Theobald said the development rights allow several hotels, houses and condominiums. He said the project is approved as a mix of full-time residences and vacation properties. A golf course is possible in Mayflower, he said. The site is also the preferred location for a hotel that will offer deals for members of the military family...

...The listing of the Mayflower acreage comes at a time when Deer Valley and a small number of landowners, including the Mayflower owners, have already held talks about the growth potential on the side of Deer Valley facing U.S. 40 and the Jordanelle Reservoir.

Deer Valley has said hundreds of acres of new ski terrain are possible alongside development by other landowners. The resort is interested in creating a new portal to the slopes, Deer Valley has said...

Wasatch County approved development rights on the expansive Mayflower acreage starting in 1985. The owners have put the Mayflower land on the market. One of the agents involved in the listing hopes the property is under contract by the end of the year.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2014, 10:11 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Report card: Draper, West Jordan praised, Murray panned

U. researchers evaluate 13 cities and Salt Lake County based on experience of undercover applicants.

By TONY SEMERAD
| The Salt Lake Tribune
First Published Apr 23 2014 05:39 pm • Update

Cities in the Salt Lake Valley vary wildly on how friendly and cost effective they are for real-estate developers proposing new retail, office and industrial projects, says a new report card.

Draper and West Jordan both ranked high for developer relations, according to the industry-commissioned study. The two rapidly growing cities earned A-minuses in a composite score for customer service, website access, ease of use, timeliness of approval and lack of red tape for new developments.

More......

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57...esday.html.csp

City, Developer Relations Grade, Impact Fee Rank.

South Salt Lake, B, 1st

Murray, D+, 2nd

Midvale, B, 3rd

Salt Lake County, C-, 4th

Sandy, B-, 5th

Taylorsville, B+, 6th

South Jordan, B-, 7th

West Valley City, B-, 8th

Draper, A-, 9th

West Jordan, A-, 10th

Salt Lake City, B+, 11th

Riverton, B, 12th

Bluffdale, B, 13th

Herriman, C+, 14th

Surprised to see Murray do so poor in this ranking since Murray ( in terms of development ) seems to be one of the hottest cities right now. Drive in Murray these days and there seems to be a 5-story development popping up everywhere.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Apr 24, 2014, 10:38 PM
The Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
Report card: Draper, West Jordan praised, Murray panned

U. researchers evaluate 13 cities and Salt Lake County based on experience of undercover applicants.

By TONY SEMERAD
| The Salt Lake Tribune
First Published Apr 23 2014 05:39 pm • Update

Cities in the Salt Lake Valley vary wildly on how friendly and cost effective they are for real-estate developers proposing new retail, office and industrial projects, says a new report card.

Draper and West Jordan both ranked high for developer relations, according to the industry-commissioned study. The two rapidly growing cities earned A-minuses in a composite score for customer service, website access, ease of use, timeliness of approval and lack of red tape for new developments.

More......

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57...esday.html.csp

City, Developer Relations Grade, Impact Fee Rank.

South Salt Lake, B, 1st

Murray, D+, 2nd

Midvale, B, 3rd

Salt Lake County, C-, 4th

Sandy, B-, 5th

Taylorsville, B+, 6th

South Jordan, B-, 7th

West Valley City, B-, 8th

Draper, A-, 9th

West Jordan, A-, 10th

Salt Lake City, B+, 11th

Riverton, B, 12th

Bluffdale, B, 13th

Herriman, C+, 14th

Surprised to see Murray do so poor in this ranking since Murray ( in terms of development ) seems to be one of the hottest cities right now. Drive in Murray these days and there seems to be a 5-story development popping up everywhere.
I think you need to look past just the development side of this. I see Taylorsville has a B+ but if you look at the tax rate that Taylorsville put onto businesses I think its rating as a city goes down. Before Taylorsville increased taxes on businesses there were a lot more retail and other businesses in that area. Even with the larger impact fees Murray is still much more business friendly and has a better central location then any of these other cities in that list.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2014, 5:20 PM

Construction begins again on Main

Phase two of a five to seven year remodel of Main Street includes sidewalk and gas line replacements

Alexandria Gonzalez , The Park Record

http://www.parkrecord.com/park_city-...ins-again-main

Bulldozers, orange traffic cones and the beeping of construction trucks are a part of the Main Street scene once again. A year ago, phase one of one of the first major public sector upgrades since the 1990s began on Main Street and lasted until early October. This year, merchants are glad construction began during the shoulder season instead of right in the middle of the increasingly busy summer season.
Alison Butz, executive director of the Historic Park City Alliance, said crews got a late start on construction last year. They made sure to get an early start this year and went "full speed ahead" on construction as soon as Park City Mountain Resort closed for the ski season recently...

Main Street visitors cross the street while Miller Paving construction workers lay 15-inch storm drains in a trench on the north end of lower Main Street in front of Mary Jane s and Mountain Town Olive Oil Company on Thursday. Christopher Reeves/Park Record

Last edited by delts145; May 11, 2014 at 5:38 PM.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2014, 4:31 AM

I am new to the forum here I have been following the forums for a few years, and finally got an account. Here is an article I don't think has been posted yet about another potential use of the Mulligans golf course. I hope this posts right

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=296...ce-golf-course

Old Posted Apr 27, 2014, 4:35 AM
Destroy 200 S. Carl's Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryerop View Post
I am new to the forum here I have been following the forums for a few years, and finally got an account. Here is an article I don't think has been posted yet about another potential use of the Mulligans golf course. I hope this posts right

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=296...ce-golf-course
A movie theater.

And welcome!

Salt Lake City throughout 2015 in the My City Photos Forum >>>http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=215244

Old Posted Apr 27, 2014, 4:46 AM

Thank you I am happy to try and participate in discussions from time to time now (:

Old Posted Apr 27, 2014, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark0501 View Post
Madewell is opening a store at Fashion Place Mall at the end of the summer!
Out of curiosity is this a sure thing, I ask because my wife was excited when i told her this news. If so that is a great thing for Fashion Place they are doing great with that mall

Old Posted Apr 28, 2014, 12:26 AM
Vote for me in 2019!

It's no secret that I'm not a fan of "downtown Sandy" but compared to the Mulligans site I think the Sandy site is the much better choice for a new Hale Center Theater. At least "downtown" Sandy has a bit of potential for urban development and is much closer to Trax and FrontRunner than the Mulligans site would be.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2014, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
It's no secret that I'm not a fan of "downtown Sandy" but compared to the Mulligans site I think the Sandy site is the much better choice for a new Hale Center Theater. At least "downtown" Sandy has a bit of potential for urban development and is much closer to Trax and FrontRunner than the Mulligans site would be.
I definitely agree with you about Sandy being the better of the two choices, at least it makes some kind of sense locating there. I more thought it was interesting how often the options keep changing for the golf site at Mulligans, I'm interested to see what ends up there

Old Posted Apr 28, 2014, 10:58 AM

Yes its for sure. I emailed Madewell telling them to open a store here and they replied saying that they will be opening in August. They could not tell me where it would be located in the mall though. Do you know of any other new stores that are coming to FPM?

Old Posted Apr 28, 2014, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark0501 View Post
Yes its for sure. I emailed Madewell telling them to open a store here and they replied saying that they will be opening in August. They could not tell me where it would be located in the mall though. Do you know of any other new stores that are coming to FPM?
I wish i did, the only other I'm aware of is The Container Store, which has already been announced on here awhile back. Its been awesome to see that mall go from a not very good one to one that now they seem to be able to get whoever they want to come fill up their spaces. Hopefully they will continue to get some good stores to come in over there

Old Posted Apr 28, 2014, 9:43 PM
Transit Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post

Not quite sure why Hale Center keeps wanting to move over and over, unless of course Hollywood Connection and Hale are selling out for a true TOD. Perhaps they should think about moving back to South Salt Lake where they were located for so many years... perhaps as part of the SoSaLa (or whatever its called now) at the completely empty streetcar station @ Main... way better idea than Sandy or Mulligan's.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2014, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brankrom View Post
Not quite sure why Hale Center keeps wanting to move over and over, unless of course Hollywood Connection and Hale are selling out for a true TOD. Perhaps they should think about moving back to South Salt Lake where they were located for so many years... perhaps as part of the SoSaLa (or whatever its called now) at the completely empty streetcar station @ Main... way better idea than Sandy or Mulligan's.
A friend of mine used to work/perform for them and he said they get about 4.5 million donated to them every year and the rest of their budget is ticket sales. They are looking for the biggest sweet Heart deal they can get.

I think the south salt lake location would be outstanding.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2014, 11:19 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brankrom View Post
Hale Center doesn't own the West Valley Building they simply have a lease, WVC built and owns the building. Hale Center wants a bigger theater and WVC offered to build the expansion, but Hale Center doesn't like the terms of the new lease, and they think they can get a better location. Apparently they seem to be in a city, be successful, and then get to big for their britches and think they can do better elsewhere or that they are deserving of a "more desirable" city. I'm sure WVC is pissed as they were the ones that were willing to offer HCT a home when they wanted to expand, and now they are ditching for bigger and better. It's sort of like a relationship, SSL was the starter husband, (or wife) HTC got prettier and lost some weight and had a decent career and after a while SSL just wasn't deserving of their love, so they found a new spouse, a little better looking, a little more money and where completely happy for several years. Now they are getting bored of spouse #2 and see all these other potential partners (cities) out there and decide that it's time to move on to bigger and better, even though spouse #1 and then spouse #2 really help to make them what they are today.

It would be nice if HTC where to show some support for either of the two communities that where a piece in making them what they are. Either stay in WVC with an expanded theater or as Bubble Gum stated, why not be the focal point of the SoSaLa redevelopment. Better Transit access than any of the potential suitors, as well as their current location. Freeway access seems to be much better in SSL than any of the others, and there is easy access from both I-80 and I-15. As for freeway visibility, the Sandy location would be the best for that.

I would assume that part of their new site search, which obviously is highly factored on who is going to give them the best deal, may also be partially based on where their audience is coming from. Maybe they want to be more centrally located for their consumers. I still think SoSaLa would be an ideal location though. Easy access from everywhere and they could be greener by offering their audience more transportation options to attend.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2014, 3:30 PM

I drove past the Salt Lake Community College campus on Redwood Road yesterday. The building closest to Redwood is being torn down, looks like that was there administration building and they recently had a new one constructed

Video Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1Zpk7Id70M

Old Posted Apr 29, 2014, 3:50 PM

LOL, I love your little analogy Future Mayor. Hey, what do you expect from a bunch of Creative-Theatre-Hollywood types. We're just a bunch of fickle bohemians at heart.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West