HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Mar 26, 2014, 2:12 PM
of Gnomeregan

I think the old Pueblo threads demonstrated the axiom that the number of threads/activity here is inversely proportional to the overall activity in the city. And why leave? No one misses the Pyramids just because there are 10,000 Ushabti's in the same area.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2014, 9:10 PM
cities|transit|croissants

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
BASEBALL IS BACK! Rockies already eliminated.
legit LOL

Old Posted Apr 1, 2014, 9:43 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
legit LOL

Damn coastal elitist rooting for the Washington Harpers.

"Of course you're right." Cirrus

Old Posted Apr 1, 2014, 10:06 PM

They're the Washington Strasburgers 1 day out of 5.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2014, 5:38 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

The Colorado Slaughterhouses and the city are making the Coors Field area vendors move away from Coors, because PARTY DECK it was a mistake for them to be there in the first place.

Quote:
Independent push-cart food vendors who have been operating in Lower Downtown around Coors Field for years have been abruptly ordered by the city to relocate.

The city told several vendors in mailed letters that it was a mistake that they were ever allowed to operate that close to the ballpark.

The vendors say they are being unfairly targeted either for financial-competition reasons or because their removal is considered the "quick fix" to cut traffic and alcohol-related violence in the area.

The bottom line is there will be far fewer vendor food options for fans walking to Coors Field this season.
The city and county of Denver told 7News there was a "mistake" made in the original permit process and the vendors should have never been allowed to operate right around the stadium, which opened in 1995.

9News reported that city officials said the carts should never have been allowed within the area bordered by 20th Street, Market Street, Park Avenue West and Wynkoop Street.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2014, 5:50 PM

Meh, they don't have to move that far away, 20th, Market, and Park Ave. make up a pretty small square.
"The engineer is the key figure in the material progress of the world. It is his engineering that makes a reality of the potential value of science by translating scientific knowledge into tools, resources, energy and labor to bring them into the service of man. To make contributions of this kind the engineer requires the imagination to visualize the need of society and to appreciate what is possible as well as the technological and broad social age understanding to bring his vision to reality."

Old Posted Apr 2, 2014, 5:56 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

^What's a ballpark? Is that where people go to watch losers?

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted May 6, 2014, 2:01 AM
ColoRADo

So, are we gonna break Denver off or what? Do we need a vote or do we just bribe Cirrus?

Old Posted May 6, 2014, 2:36 AM
of Gnomeregan

Why? That would be like owning a Lotus in a ghost town..

Old Posted May 6, 2014, 3:47 AM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainpathology View Post
Better to enjoy the open road. You know, like you'd get going through downtown Boise.

Old Posted May 6, 2014, 4:14 AM
ColoRADo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainpathology View Post
Nah, the main Denver Development Thread is sometimes too much of a catch-all. There are several opportunities to break some of the conversation off into separate threads. A lot of good information gets lost in the shuffle. I mean, the thing is on its fifth iteration (about to be 6th) with over a million views.

Old Posted May 6, 2014, 12:20 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Damn it, Rockies. Stop being good. I was looking forward to a stress free summer. Now I have to ponder when the collapse will happen.

Old Posted May 6, 2014, 12:49 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANSIT View Post
Nah, the main Denver Development Thread is sometimes too much of a catch-all. There are several opportunities to break some of the conversation off into separate threads. A lot of good information gets lost in the shuffle. I mean, the thing is on its fifth iteration (about to be 6th) with over a million views.
But I'm not sure you can teach old forum dogs new tricks. Folks are so accustomed to just going into that thread. I'm not sure we could train people to check three.

Old Posted May 6, 2014, 2:32 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
But I'm not sure you can teach old forum dogs new tricks. Folks are so accustomed to just going into that thread. I'm not sure we could train people to check three.
(joined in 2002. Checks many threads)

Old Posted May 6, 2014, 2:44 PM

I've always thought it weird & unusual that so many things go in that one thread. You guys are allowed to create new threads.

Anyway, we could theoretically split the forum. Phoenix used to be part of our little family, and they left. I can't do it myself, but I'm sure if I asked admins they'd go along. But do we really want it? Personally I like learning about other cities out of the corner of my eye. Once a month or so I open one of the SLC threads, and surely wouldn't do that if we split.

Old Posted May 6, 2014, 2:53 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

While multiple threads would allow for better organization, I doubt we're going to change if we split off. I think things like RDS's site and Denverinfill are wonderful at keeping things organized for us forumers and also for the whole city.

Old Posted May 6, 2014, 3:07 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

We're talking about becoming our own 'SSP Local' right? If Austin, San Antonio, Sacramento, and Portland have their own 'City' section under the 'United States' section, surely Denver should join that crowd. We're kind of a.... Big deal.
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted May 6, 2014, 3:55 PM

Either that or (more likely) we make another regional forum for the Front Range. I think we'd prefer to keep Colorado Springs and Fort Collins with Denver, rather than leave those in Mountain West and make everyone check 2 forums.

Anyway, GO VOTE.

Old Posted May 7, 2014, 10:57 AM
of Gnomeregan

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
Damn it, Rockies. Stop being good. I was looking forward to a stress free summer. Now I have to ponder when the collapse will happen.
It's May, there are only 1 in 5 years when are they NOT good in May. And 1/21 so far when they're good through September. Go to Coors field and do your best to find a place that you think will be a good place to mope when Tulo inevitably plays so hard he breaks for the last half of the season, the manager starts outsmarting himself every night, the pitchers realize where they are and everyone else in the Division trades/signs to get better near the season's end runs.

Old Posted May 8, 2014, 8:37 AM
of Gnomeregan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
Did you just, in the same post, say you think it should be easier for folks to sue the builder who breaks your house, but more difficult to sure the doctor who breaks your body? Isn't that a tad...self-serving?
I did! I did just do that! Remember, I'm thinking of becoming republican next election. If I can't become adept at being a hypocrite in the same syllable I'm not going to fit in and that took nearly 50 words (or some other number. I didn't count them because, see my third sentence again) But I'm getting better! I may be welcomed in the party yet if I keep trying!

Sad that it was so obvious but only the lawyer spotted it. I guess it takes a JD to call out the most transparent nonsense these days. Bunt, at least you never disappoint.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West