HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West

Old Posted Jan 23, 2012, 5:59 AM

Seattle in Spanish

I’ve found out a documentary in Spanish about Seattle, it's about Spanish people (from Spain) that live in the city; they present us their experience of living in Seattle but also the Pacific Northwest and the United States as a whole. It's really interesting and fun to watch and the people they show are really cool, at least in my point of view. I think it would be great if you checked it out, if you understand Spanish of course. The whole thing it's actually an episode of a program about Spanish people all over the world.

Here's the link: http://www.rtve.es/television/espano...mundo/seattle/
Enjoy.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2012, 9:05 PM

I'll take a look now.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 9:22 PM

This kind of tv shows are very popular in Spain, they show the experiencies of spanish people living abroad, I love them!, there are several series from different channels covering most of the world, even from regional tv channels "andaluces por el mundo", "madrileños por el mundo", "extremeños por el mundo".

Old Posted Aug 5, 2013, 11:59 PM

Spanish in Seattle

Watching the documentary I was reminded of last month's blunder here in Seattle when the department of transportation inadvertently printed bus routes with an error saying there were no routes on weekends. I was advised of this by a person who is actually studying Spanish in Seattle and got the pamphlet to practice.

Here is the article: nbclatino.com/2013/07/31/oops-seattle-responds-to-spanish-language-bus-schedule-snafu/

This episode effectively showed how a person from Spain can still be at a disadvantage even under a well-intentioned system.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West