HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 10, 2014, 8:16 PM

The rendering for M Residences, the Lennar project at 19th and Chet Atkins, has been revealed by the Nashville Post. Looks like it's gained a couple of floors and is now 19 stories.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2...ixed_use_tower

Old Posted Sep 10, 2014, 8:27 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
The rendering for M Residences, the Lennar project at 19th and Chet Atkins, has been revealed by the Nashville Post. Looks like it's gained a couple of floors and is now 19 stories.
Chet Atkins is South Street, right? In any case is this pretty much directly to the east of Adelecia? I remember that this was originally 10 or 11 stories and I'm pretty excited to see that it's now 19.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2014, 8:24 PM

Emery's redevelopment of old CC site gets $$

Emery lands financing for the redevelopment of Nashville's old convention center. An extremely well-known high-end retail developer, Oliver McMillan, is being recruited to carry the weight of developing the retail/restaurant component.

We'll see if it's a spec office tower but 12-30 storers covers a large amount of ground in terms of skyline-impacting potential. We shall see.
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville....html?page=all

Old Posted Sep 12, 2014, 3:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
Emery lands financing for the redevelopment of Nashville's old convention center. An extremely well-known high-end retail developer, Oliver McMillan, is being recruited to carry the weight of developing the retail/restaurant component.

We'll see if it's a spec office tower but 12-30 storers covers a large amount of ground in terms of skyline-impacting potential. We shall see.
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville....html?page=all
I don't think 12 stories will have much impact at all in that location unless the tower is positioned on Broadway. Even then it would be minimal. 12 stories might be okay for Commerce Street. But to have real skyline impact it will need to be 25 stories and above.

I am excited about the prospects for more retail in downtown. Hopefully it will be stores that are not tourist specific.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2014, 9:25 PM

^ I'm hoping that the retail isn't tourist-centric as well. I will cringe if I see another boot store. The oddly-placed American Apparel on Lower Broadway seems to do pretty well so perhaps there is hope for something other than kitschy retail in that area.

I will be extremely disappointed if the tower for this project ends up being 12 stories. That's almost inexcusable on such a prime site particularly when Nashville's Class A office vacancy is at 4% downtown.

Last edited by ariesjow; Sep 13, 2014 at 11:00 PM.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2014, 12:29 AM

Alex Palmer has decided to put the West End Summit site up for sale.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...mmit-site.html

Old Posted Sep 13, 2014, 1:02 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
I guess it was only a matter of time. Given its location (and terrain) I wonder how long it will be on the market. That hole might drive some people away, but at the same time that could be quite a bit of money saved for a future developer when it comes to excavation. I wonder how that will affect the price.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2014, 4:27 AM

Quote:
^ I'm hoping that the retail isn't tourst-centric as well. I will cringe if I see another boot store. The oddly-placed American Apparel on Lower Broadway seems to do pretty well so perhaps their is hope for something other than kitschy retail in that area.

I will be extremely disappointed if the tower for this project ends up being 12 stories. That's almost inexcusable on such a prime site particularly when Nashville's Class A office vacancy is at 4% downtown.
Having OliverMcMillan involved is a huge win. Their formula is 1/3 luxury retail, 1/3 contemporary retail and 1/3 upscale bars/restaurants.

They are very plugged in to the decision makers, and having them involved is guaranteed to bring several new to market stores & restaurants.

No matter how the highrise portion of this turns out, this was a brilliant decision guys. Nashville is definitely on the major radar screens.

I don't think you have to worry about any boot stores.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2014, 10:44 PM

Quote:
^ I'm hoping that the retail isn't tourist-centric as well. I will cringe if I see another boot store. The oddly-placed American Apparel on Lower Broadway seems to do pretty well so perhaps their is hope for something other than kitschy retail in that area.

That is my point as well regarding the building height. This location should be treated as a primary focal point for Broadway and downtown as a hole. A multi level fashion center with a 25-40 story tower would be perfect for that site. The tower could be a combination of hotel/office/condos. The Time Warner Center in NYC is an example of shopping mall (it's not huge) and apartment and condo living combined that could be done on a scale appropriate for the old convention center site in Nashville.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2014, 10:48 PM

Quote:

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...mmit-site.html
While I'm pretty sure most of us saw this coming, it is still disappointing that the WES project didn't come to fruition. Hopefully someone will come along and see the big hole as an opportunity and not an issue. It will certainly require a development of similar scale.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2014, 5:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
I don't think 12 stories will have much impact at all in that location unless the tower is positioned on Broadway. Even then it would be minimal. 12 stories might be okay for Commerce Street. But to have real skyline impact it will need to be 25 stories and above.

I am excited about the prospects for more retail in downtown. Hopefully it will be stores that are not tourist specific.
That's what I was getting at, 12 stories having very little with 30 being pretty big. It covers a broad spectrum and only when we have final renderings and leases will we truly know.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2014, 10:18 PM

Westin hotel downtown grows bigger, nears groundbreaking

The Nashville Business Journal reports that the Westin Nashville - Downtown will be larger than previously stated. The hotel will increase the number of rooms from 430 to 452. That might add one or two floors depending on the footprint and design of the hotel. The article did not include renderings of the hotel nor did it mention the height of the hotel.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...ws-bigger.html

The Tennessean stated the Westin will be 25 stories. Not sure if that was before or after the additional 22 rooms were added.

"The 25-story Westin Nashville is planned on 1.7 acres including the former Cokesbury bookstore site and the property formerly home to Carpenter Wright Engineers and Bullock Smith & Partners."

http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...otel/15743167/

Last edited by PillowTalk4; Sep 17, 2014 at 11:29 PM.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2014, 10:30 PM

Gulch Pedestrian Bridge

The Tennessean posted a video with Mayor Dean discussing the funding for the Gulch Pedestrian Bridge. The city council is supposed to vote again on the bridge in October. Mayor Dean indicated that he anticipates that construction on the bridge will start early summer of 2015 with a completion in 2016 after he leaves office.

He did mention the bridge's final design needing to be presented and approved. But he in essence also stressed that the design should be more than the typical pedestrian bridge design.

http://www.tennessean.com/media/cine...dge-financing/

Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 12:01 PM
Nashville born and raised

A rough compilation of projects in the news recently..(with some artistic enhancement)

The 1201 Demonbruen, 15 story office building, is under construction with excavation well underway. It will be next to the 23 story 12/12 Condos due to open soon. Major residents are to be Sony Music and the William Morris agency.

The 33 acre Northwest Mutual Development which includes the 11 acre Hospital Corporation of America's Division HQs. Fencing is up and construction trailer is on the site of the 16 story, 257 ft HCA building.

The Old Convention Center site is looking hot. The developers have expanded their original concept and news that Bridgestone is looking for downtown office space has fueled speculation as to the size of the proposed office tower portion of the project.

The Westin Hotel will be 27 floors tall..

The Sheet Music building in SoBro is also mentioned as a possible home for Bridgestone..

The SoBro Apartments are finally under construction (excavation) and will begin to rise soon. It will be the tallest under construction for a while.

The Thompson Hotel in the Gulch should begin soon and represents an exclusive brand of boutique hotel that only builds in the coolest cities. And by building in Nashville, they keep their streak intact.

The Gulch Crossings is steadily climbing up to its modest 10 story top.

And America's Hottest Address; Nashville's Music Row...

The Nashville Virgin Hotel is in the news with selection of a contractor. The site has been cleared and appears ready for construction although few details and no rendering have been released. This render is of the proposed New York Virgin Hotel and may give a hint as to the bold design we may expect although the height will be limited to about 20 floors.

The Lennar Company released a rendering for it's proposed 19 story apartments labeled 'M Residences'..

The 19 story 'Element at Music Row' continues to rise...

A Skyhouse brand apartment was announced recently.

A smaller building, but important; it keeps the music on Music Row.

Nashville West End is well into the excavation/demolition phase and will provide a Vanderbilt connection to Music Row.

A mystery project was revealed recently which would include possibly a 16 story hotel and 25 story apartment. More of a West End development than Music Row.

Spring Hill Suites on West End is near completion...

ONEC1TY on Charlotte Pike expands ubanization in a northwesterly direction. The site was give approval for the construction of a couple of 20 story buildings. Phase one is beginning now.

And some basic infrastructure

Bus Rapid Transit

Triple A Ballpark for the Nashville Sounds (Oakland A's affiliate)

Amphitheater downtown

There is plenty more, but these are the highlights!

Last edited by MidTenn1; Sep 18, 2014 at 12:13 PM.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 2:21 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Thanks again for posting these, MidTenn. There's so much activity right now (and more to come) that it's hard to remember and keep up with every project.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 4:23 PM

Awesome work as always MidTenn1! Thanks for putting that together...

Old Posted Sep 19, 2014, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
I've covered SoBro and the Music Row/Mid Town areas, so here's the Gulch summary of development.

While there are not a lot of 'signature' skyscrapers going up, there are many mid rise, 15 to 25 story buildings going up from 1st avenue to 21st Avenue making a continuous 40 block long dense urban area. That includes the already dense Vanderbilt/Medical District/West End area.
Is that area really called PieTown?!?

Old Posted Sep 19, 2014, 8:17 PM

MidTenn1 thanks for the updated project listing. You included a mystery project that has been revealed for West End that includes a possibly a 16 story hotel and 25 story residential building. Where was this revealed and who's behind the project? Any idea where on West End this will be? Possibly the WES site?

Old Posted Sep 19, 2014, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
MidTenn1 thanks for the updated project listing. You included a mystery project that has been revealed for West End that includes a possibly a 16 story hotel and 25 story residential building. Where was this revealed and who's behind the project? Any idea where on West End this will be? Possibly the WES site?
Here you go.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/blogs/..._be_developers
http://maps.nashville.gov/MPC/2014/1...2-001_plan.pdf

MidTenn1 made these showing the location. It's right next to the Palmer Plaza tower.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2014, 12:08 AM

Just curious, what city has more highrises, Memphis or Nashville?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations