HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Today, 12:33 AM
Go Chiefs!

When it comes to single day event...

THIS IS THE MOST OUTRAGEOUS DAY I've seen.

Not only did we break the daily record by 6.2C
Not only did we break the monthly all-time record by 1.9C
BUT THIS WAS OFFICIALLY our 2nd warmest day ever!!!

https://twitter.com/LGrahamCTV/statu...84053741031427

Old Posted Today, 12:41 AM

Well if anyone / anywhere deserves it, it’s you and Montreal Nicko with your passion for heat!

Hope you enjoyed it!

Old Posted Today, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
I'm guilty. I absolutely love it. Though admittedly I don't work outside, so it's not a particular hardship for me.

Then again, I enjoyed weather like this when I built wooden patio decks for a few years in my early and mid-twenties. The ice-cold water in my jug would taste so incredibly delicious at 2 pm when it was 33 degrees out. I got a great tan because I never wore a shirt. The homeowners we were working for would give us cold drinks and sometimes even barbecue for us. I look back on those days fondly, and it wouldn't have been the same without the heat. A well-earned ice cream treat after a hard day's work in the sun is not to be sneezed at.

A whole summer of this and I'm totally ready for the coolness of fall. I like the change of the four seasons, but only when we get a good three or four months of weather like this. If we don't I feel cheated.
This week I've been rebuilding the roof on my three-season house, definitely consumed about 10 times my normal amount of water and solar tea. It's tiring, but I feel strong and have a great tan already. Never slept better (with AC of course)

Old Posted Today, 1:28 AM

Last time nicko was this excited he saw a picture of a shirtless Subban.

Old Posted Today, 1:28 AM
Registered Drug User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flar View Post
This week I've been rebuilding the roof on my three-season house, definitely consumed about 10 times my normal amount of water and solar tea. It's tiring, but I feel strong and have a great tan already. Never slept better (with AC of course)
Physical labour is honest, virtuous work. Said no one who ever who is consigned to doing it for the entirety of their working lives, but says every white collar person enjoying the endorphins and tiredness from doing it temporarily or reminiscing about work they did years ago.

Romance is easy when it's just a fling.

Two questions: what's a three-season house, and what's solar tea?

Old Posted Today, 1:34 AM

Hot hot day Mtl congrats I love that stuff when we get it ! A very nice 25 here again , and after all the warm weather we’ve had getting abit of Alberta yo-yo weather the next 2 days as highs are only forecast to be 14,15 and lows below 10 for the first time since May 16 th ! Back to warm weather after Saturday .

Old Posted Today, 1:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
Physical labour is honest, virtuous work. Said no one who ever who is consigned to doing it for the entirety of their working lives, but says every white collar person enjoying the endorphins and tiredness from doing it temporarily or reminiscing about work they did years ago.

Romance is easy when it's just a fling.

Two questions: what's a three-season house, and what's solar tea?
Yeah, there's no way I could do this every day, but I get the urge every few months.

A three season house or room is just an unheated building with windows all around it. Usually they are attached to the house, but mine is a separate building. We spend a lot of time out there from about April to November. I sit out there and read pretty much every night all summer.

Solar tea is the most refreshing drink ever, I've been drinking it since I was a kid. My grandma always made it, not sure where she learned. You put two teabags in a large mason jar filled with water, leave it in the sun for about six hours, then remove the tea bags and put it in the fridge to chill.

Old Posted Today, 1:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flar View Post
Yeah, there's no way I could do this every day, but I get the urge every few months.

A three season house or room is just an unheated building with windows all around it. Usually they are attached to the house, but mine is a separate building. We spend a lot of time out there from about April to November. I sit out there and read pretty much every night all summer.

Solar tea is the most refreshing drink ever, I've been drinking it since I was a kid. My grandma always made it, not sure where she learned. You put two teabags in a large mason jar filled with water, leave it in the sun for about six hours, then remove the tea bags and put it in the fridge to chill.
AKA iced tea, no?

Old Posted Today, 2:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoldtimer View Post
AKA iced tea, no?
You could call it that, but I think most people make iced tea by steeping it in boiling water. I find this method makes a milder, more refreshing drink. I don't add sugar or lemon to it either, just straight up ice cold.

Old Posted Today, 4:00 AM
Go Chiefs!

We were the warmest place in North America until about noon (until Death Valley started warming up )

https://twitter.com/ericfisher/statu...29891791708160

Final numbers for the day:

High of 36.6C
Low of 19.7C

Downtown Montreal had an official low of 22.1C this morning.

Downtown Montreal is currently the warmspot at 27.8C at 11PM.

The warmspot was actually Montreal Trudeau at 36.6C. New high this year in Canada.

Humidex reading of 42 for St-Hubert on the south shore. That is a yearly high as well.

If you don't accept rounded temperatures, the 36.6C is a provincial all-time high for May beating the 36.5C from Saint-Anicet in 2010. There is a 37.0C in Chelsea, QC (same day 2010 as well) but that station rounds the temperature to the nearest degree or half degree so it's not possible to know the exact temperature.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada