HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGSEGV View Post
yeah and what happens when somebody hacks into every car's control system and starts them all going at 100 mph?
This vulnerability already exists without self-driving cars. Almost every new car being built with technology to connect it to the internet. If there is a way to download malicious code to the car to make that happen, then those cars are already on the road today.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 4:21 PM
The Vomit Bag.

is every new car equipped with the ability to be controlled by autopilot?
didn't think so.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 4:38 PM
He/his/him. >~<, QED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
This vulnerability already exists without self-driving cars. Almost every new car being built with technology to connect it to the internet. If there is a way to download malicious code to the car to make that happen, then those cars are already on the road today.
I think in most cases the "online features" don't have access to the "control features." Or, if they do, I'm sure as hell staying away from those cars.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGSEGV View Post
I think in most cases the "online features" don't have access to the "control features." Or, if they do, I'm sure as hell staying away from those cars.
Have you ever seen the Buick commercial where the guy starts the car with his phone app?

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 5:02 PM

Every drone car is a domestic surveillance device, full of cameras, microphones, sensors, wi-fi sniffers, license plate readers. All data will be streamed in real time to a central server, to be data-mined and monetized. Proprietary user data, including location tracking data, dining, shopping preferences, the people you meet, the stations you listen to, all of it will be sold to the highest bidder so that you can be served targeted ads. Political ads.

This isn't paranoia. This is the Facebook business model.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Have you ever seen the Buick commercial where the guy starts the car with his phone app?
I don't even know why anyone would want to start their car with their phone app.

What about the remote-controlled Hyundai commercial? I don't understand why you would want to do that either. Just get behind the wheel and move your damn car. And once the parking enforcement officer starts writing the ticket, they can't stop... so I've been told. So remote-controlled car be damned.

The commercial sticks out in my mind because the location looked familiar; and then I was all 'Ah, that's Little Dom's in LA.' Apparently pre-COVID, Ryan Gosling would frequently be spotted there, either doing takeout or eating there.

Video Link

Little Dom's: https://www.google.com/maps/@34.1107...7i16384!8i8192

~ Charles Bukowski

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopas ej View Post
I don't even know why anyone would want to start their car with their phone app.

What about the remote-controlled Hyundai commercial? I don't understand why you would want to do that either. Just get behind the wheel and move your damn car. And once the parking enforcement officer starts writing the ticket, they can't stop... so I've been told. So remote-controlled car be damned.

The commercial sticks out in my mind because the location looked familiar; and then I was all 'Ah, that's Little Dom's in LA.' Apparently pre-COVID, Ryan Gosling would frequently be spotted there, either doing takeout or eating there.

Video Link

Little Dom's: https://www.google.com/maps/@34.1107...7i16384!8i8192
Yeah, that's weird. How do they stop kids from moving the car if they get hold of their parents keys?

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 9:14 PM
He/his/him. >~<, QED!

Quote:
Yeah, that's weird. How do they stop kids from moving the car if they get hold of their parents keys?
Do I trust their security from a random with duplex SDR? Not without personally auditing it...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions