HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 5:11 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
Who cares about the cookie cutter design? It has ground level retail!

It will be an awesome intersection because that ground floor retail will join what's already on the other two corners.
https://www.google.com/maps/@29.4352...7i13312!8i6656
The design is very cookie cutter and a signature of NRP for sure, but damn if the continued density of River North doesn’t excite me. Soon, River North will merge with the development in Lower Broadway and all that will merge with downtown and Southtown creating on very nice urban core.

In my opinion, the next big hot spot coming in the Midtown area near Main St/Gay Strip bear Sac.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post

In my opinion, the next big hot spot coming in the Midtown area near Main St/Gay Strip bear Sac.
I hear bears are known to be around the Gay Strip area.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 2:44 PM

I'm a little surprised that this is just a standard apartment at this location, there are taller and better things happening north and south of this on Broadway. Of course there are some things proposed and built years ago that are of similar height but it seemed like development was starting to push past that on Broadway proper and I was hoping most of the 4-5 story residential stuff would start being on secondary streets. I'm extremely excited that things are moving forward though! Slightly afraid of the number of developments in the inner city that will be exempt from SAISD taxes... I'm thinking San Pedro north of 35 will be a hotspot soon, so much empty land and an improving connection to downtown with the roundabout opening!

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2008 View Post
I'm a little surprised that this is just a standard apartment at this location, there are taller and better things happening north and south of this on Broadway. Of course there are some things proposed and built years ago that are of similar height but it seemed like development was starting to push past that on Broadway proper and I was hoping most of the 4-5 story residential stuff would start being on secondary streets. I'm extremely excited that things are moving forward though! Slightly afraid of the number of developments in the inner city that will be exempt from SAISD taxes... I'm thinking San Pedro north of 35 will be a hotspot soon, so much empty land and an improving connection to downtown with the roundabout opening!
I think the San Pedro corridor north of IH 35 is going to be extremely vital to the future of SA because it is targeted as a high capacity transit corridor. If SA is going to go the route of "Transit-Oriented Development," San Pedro would be a no-brainer because it's wide and links up with a park-and-ride facility at North Star Mall. If I was the city, I would be looking to pile on all the density it can handle.

Additionally, Fredericksburg just outside of downtown could use a massive economic boost. Lot's of potential there as well.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 5:27 PM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver -> Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntransplant View Post
I think the San Pedro corridor north of IH 35 is going to be extremely vital to the future of SA because it is targeted as a high capacity transit corridor. If SA is going to go the route of "Transit-Oriented Development," San Pedro would be a no-brainer because it's wide and links up with a park-and-ride facility at North Star Mall. If I was the city, I would be looking to pile on all the density it can handle.

Additionally, Fredericksburg just outside of downtown could use a massive economic boost. Lot's of potential there as well.
Fredericksburg, San Pedro, Blanco, Culebra, Commerce, McCullough, and Broadway are all corridors where density would work well adjacent to downtown.
San Antonio: 1495k (+4%) + MSA suburbs: 1209k (+8%) + CSA exurbs: 82k (+3%)
Austin: 980k (+2%) + MSA suburbs: 1493k (+13%)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio