Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan

Old Posted Sep 3, 2012, 11:49 AM

Hsinchu Stone Village - Hsinchu Clubhouse

Old Posted Sep 3, 2012, 11:54 AM

Hsinchu Stone Village - One Line Sky Chapel

Old Posted Sep 3, 2012, 6:32 PM

Hsinchu Stone Village - landscape design

Old Posted Sep 12, 2012, 10:33 PM

sotheby's has a new taiwan office now and has listed some pretty expensive properties. i didnt even know taiwan had so many residences listed over $5 million and one is listed at $30million!! some of them are just eh in bleh buildings. but some are pretty nice:

http://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/sa...keyword=taiwan

Old Posted Nov 9, 2012, 10:57 PM

Taiwan’s high hopes

The island is hoping to boost its property market by attracting buyers from China

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/6db1a...#axzz2BldLxb8E

Old Posted Nov 12, 2012, 7:59 AM

A Residential Pavilion & Landscape of Hai Hau-The Great / Arcadian Architecture+Design
© Jeffrey Cheng [align=left]Architects: Arcadian Architecture+Design
Architect In Charge: Alex Yu
Design Team: Jerry Chang、Kobe Lin、Ru-Hsien Huang、Cheng-hui Lo、Chiao-wen Lo、Hanawa Ho、Tzi-Jui Chiang
Client: Hai Hau Constructions
Area: 530 sqm
Year: 2012
Photographs: Jeffrey Cheng[/align][align=left]
[/align]© Jeffrey Cheng
[align=left]The project is located an hour drive distance from Taipei, in the city of Chung-li. It is a high-rise residential development along with public facility pavilion and landscaped courtyard.[/align]© Jeffrey Cheng [align=left]In the early draft, the structure of the pavilion does not exist. The entrance and the public facilities were gathered in the center of a total of eight residential purposed buildings forming a 口 shape, all facing the center courtyard. The entrances of the buildings were difficult to realize, the layers of space and natural sunlight are insufficient in this courtyard.[/align][align=left]Due to the project was designed to be the largest area and highest cost per square unit in the city, so we suggested to rearrange the original layout to seven buildings to form a ㄇ shape instead, leaving an opening to lead the natural sunlight in. Then we gathered more than 80% of the original public facilities, organizing them to form the great entrance pavilion. Which we locate it to the west side of the site, facing the most prosperous commercial areas. This successfully established a formal entrance and a series of public and open spaces displayed along the extended main axis.[/align]© Jeffrey Cheng [align=left]To compete with the seven 22 stories high residential towers, an obvious and powerful entrance is a must. A concept of monolithic form was introduced to this design. The prototype of the pavilion is a 40mx21.4mx12.8m rectangular stone carved and cut with a concept of subtracting necessary void space, then embed with glass material, forming an interchanging stone-glass hybrid style of architectural form.[/align]© Jeffrey Cheng [align=left]The edge of the stone frame on the front facade was slanted into inclined shape to enhance the image of entrance and to create variation of lights and shades of the great entrance. A 12m depth plaza was placed in front of the building to respond the scale of this building itself and the surrounding urban context. The main lobby contained in an 8m height glass curtain wall structure was placed on a reflecting pool with two 6m height waterfall planted on each side.[/align][align=left]At a first glance of entering the main lobby, a 9m wide by 8m tall glass picture frame was encountered. Behind the picture frame, a 9m by 9m square water landscape was found, leading sufficient sunlight into the lobby. On the water landscape, a lift covered in chisel surfaced stone was placed as a visual focus. There are two main circulations. One is the corridors along both sides of the water landscape leading to the residential areas and the courtyard behind. Another is the skylight staircases franked on each side to reach the public facilities on the second and third floor.[/align]© Jeffrey Cheng [align=left]The facade facing the courtyard contains a vertical and horizontal stone frame embracing a glass curtain wall structure inside. A tea house was placed on the first floor connecting directly to the outdoor. The second floor is a gym area with an open view facing the courtyard. On the third floor, a recessed rectangular glass box was placed behind the large frame, for leisure activities and casual reading purpose. A light well was opened in the middle of the glass box. There are patios on the front and back overlooking the streets and the courtyard. Since the pavilion is surrounded by high buildings, the glass material of the box was continued from vertical elevation to the horizontal roof top surface which formed a glowing box during night time. All stone materials on the vertical facade was extended continuously to the roof top as well. A different dimension of facade was created to look up the surrounding buildings.[/align]© Jeffrey Cheng [align=left]The invisible axis line of the pavilion continues to the inside courtyard, a simple abstract style of landscaping vocabulary was aligned along the axis. The main route connecting to each residential buildings private entrance was arranged on the periphery of the center courtyard. At the end of the center axis, a great stone wall was placed with two spa houses in front as a background. The spa houses are adjacent with a 25m long infinity pool looking right back to the pavilion. After a sequence of spatial experience, a utopia hidden in the middle of urban jungle is now discovered in the center courtyard.[/align]

Old Posted Jan 5, 2013, 9:58 AM

Old Posted Jan 5, 2013, 10:02 AM

Old Posted Jan 5, 2013, 10:07 AM

Old Posted Jan 10, 2013, 9:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razqal View Post
do you all know about this huge riverside complex they're building in xindian called MeHAS? right in front of the MRT station consisting of 14 towers. there was an article in taipei times last year about this project getting a huge loan by several banks. I hope the final product looks as good as the rendering.

http://www.jsl.com.tw/mehas/index.html

http://housetube.tw/2320/%E6%97%A5%E...B2%B3%E5%B8%82

I saw the real thing in other days. It was not as good as we saw in rendering. It was much darker and more crowd than I expected.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2013, 6:34 AM

most projects in taiwan are not as good as the rendering. i saw pics of that complex. the windows looked very small, the buildings were very grey and it definitely was not next to a river!!

Old Posted Jan 15, 2013, 6:45 AM

It is massive, 1 to 2 kilometers long.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2013, 1:02 AM

these residences are super nice. nice design and aesthetics, good use of different materials and variety of surface treatments, nice landscaping with nice big SIDEWALKS and nicely designed too!! huge improvement over typical taiwanese residential design!!

http://www.archdaily.com/308766/ritz...in-architects/

Last edited by kalifese; Feb 18, 2013 at 1:36 AM.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2013, 9:55 PM

A home bathroom I designed:

2Fbath! by Ricopedra, on Flickr

Old Posted Mar 1, 2013, 9:37 AM

Which design company you are working ?

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 8:39 AM

it's an interesting design but functionwise i can imagine it difficult to clean those small pebbly surfaces. not to mention there might be sanitary issues as bacteria can hide in the crevices/grout in between the small pebbles. the space in front of the toilet bowl seems cramped as that elevated step curves in front of the toilet bowl thus limiting leg room especially for tall people with long legs who may need to spread their legs out more. but interesting design nonetheless.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 10:25 PM

williamchung taiwan, I don't work for any company, but a friend of a friend needed help to design her home addition and my wife's name came up as a suggestion. I just made some designs for fun and they were picked up. The owner is very gypsy-like and loves blue and white-like Mediterranean homes. The builder took the job and didn't know what he was doing quite often, and had never done a design like mine before.

kalifese, you're right on the money! The 'pebble stone' finish is very popular in Taiwan and you usually see it on exterior finishes. This was the end-choice of the owner, but I wonder how often they will have to scrub it clean. It's very durable, but they'll need to use a scrub brush, for sure. I also hate the cheap, tiny bathtub they chose, but hey, it's their house!

As for the space between the curve and the toilet, you're right again, and here the builder didn't follow my design. He, or I should say the worker, decided to add an extra 12cm to the original design and the flat floor space is now cramped. You have to elevate your left left foot on the ridge. But surprisingly, everyone is still happy. Sometimes I guess you need that little extra 'foot-push'! Ha ha.

I tell you, this project was full of wonderful surprises and unbelievable headaches, and it's not over yet! But if all goes well, maybe we'll do another one. I'll post some more pics of my yard design and the interior walls, along with my wife's kitchen tiles. The kitchen cabinet work was done by Grace Kitchens, and they were totally professional. I recommend them.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 10:30 PM

PS, you can also notice in that picture how they didn't elevate the shower/wall faucet in conjunction with the elevated floor! Grrrr!

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 11:34 PM

Here are a few more pics from this crazy Taipei county house:

Frnt-wide by Ricopedra, on Flickr

kitchenwide by Ricopedra, on Flickr

newadddark by Ricopedra, on Flickr

view to kitchen by Ricopedra, on Flickr

doorinsidewide by Ricopedra, on Flickr

looking in cave by Ricopedra, on Flickr

before finishes by Ricopedra, on Flickr

holed door by Ricopedra, on Flickr

faucet by Ricopedra, on Flickr

floor detail by Ricopedra, on Flickr

Old Posted Mar 9, 2013, 3:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricopedra View Post
PS, you can also notice in that picture how they didn't elevate the shower/wall faucet in conjunction with the elevated floor! Grrrr!
why cant you ask them to elevate it or you wont pay them? in the u.s. that is grounds for a lawsuit if the contractor doesnt do a correct job!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan