HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Aug 14, 2015, 4:57 PM

That is some pretty impressive engineering.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2015, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
So are the plans to rebuild the historic interior or build something contemporary?
The remodeled interior is shown at 0:42 of the video that Urbannizer posted above.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2015, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewK View Post
The remodeled interior is shown at 0:42 of the video that Urbannizer posted above.
Still not sure, even after watching. It's mostly stripped bare, but there is a brightly colored coffered ceiling (skylight?) and maybe some white-painted panelling on the upper walls. But pretty much facadism, i.e., treating the historic building as not much more than wallpaper.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2015, 9:22 PM
dazzle me

which is better than having heller manus responsible for more of the facade. initially the plan was to incorporate the facade on the pine street side too, but that was dropped even before that facade fell into the street.

as for the mining exchange building at the street level, with the set back on 350 bush they maintain a pretty nice transition there stepping down to belden lane. if heller manus were better architects, they'd have stepped it up from the mining exchage another 3-4 stories toward the russ building and set back at 6-7 stories instead of 1-2 like they are now. as the plan stands the streetwall between the russ and mining exchange buildings is really unimpressive, a strange sort of mirror to the site opposite on bush, where they made a similar mistake.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2015, 2:15 AM
She needs her space

Didn't grab a picture but the yellow luffing tower crane is now up. Rapid progress on this one.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2015, 4:07 PM
Surrounded by Nature

The Site and Crane in Perspective

[IMG]IMG_8085 by viewguysf, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by viewguysf; Sep 29, 2015 at 8:04 AM.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 8:05 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms3_redux View Post
Didn't grab a picture but the yellow luffing tower crane is now up. Rapid progress on this one.
Gotcha covered!

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 3:29 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Great shot, viewguy. A bit of a shame it will cover some of the Russ Building -- one of my favorites in the city -- from this angle. This is the last remaining vantage point to get a good look at it. Such is life.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 4:14 PM

some shots from this morning:

and of 500 Pine across the street— shame this one isn't going to get much higher, oh well

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
Great shot, viewguy. A bit of a shame it will cover some of the Russ Building -- one of my favorites in the city -- from this angle. This is the last remaining vantage point to get a good look at it. Such is life.
I know what you mean, I get a good view of the Russ Bldg. from my building at Bush and Taylor, sad to see some of it go.

However I'm hopeful that the contrast between new and old with a decent chunk of the Russ still poking up from behind will be interesting in a different way.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 6:41 PM
Only Mostly Dead

^Yes, I totally agree.

Edit: This was supposed to be directed at cmak: Nice shots, thanks for posting them.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Last edited by peanut gallery; Sep 29, 2015 at 8:28 PM.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 8:12 PM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmak View Post
and of 500 Pine across the street— shame this one isn't going to get much higher, oh well
I very much disagree--it's at the perfect height! The extension of St. Mary's Square park onto its roof is going to be great, providing an excellent vantage point of its own in addition to expanded green space.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 11:05 PM
Sonoma Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
I very much disagree--it's at the perfect height! The extension of St. Mary's Square park onto its roof is going to be great, providing an excellent vantage point of its own in addition to expanded green space.
That's awesome they're creating park space on the roof. This concept of utilizing normally wasted space is becoming much more popular now.

Pictures of Santa Rosa, So. Co.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2015, 2:50 AM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

I will have a good view of this building under construction from my new office (starting the 12th if all goes according to plan), and will probably take regular pics. I don't mind losing a little of the view of Russ if we can get a nice contrasting modern structure.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2015, 5:42 PM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbay View Post
That's awesome they're creating park space on the roof. This concept of utilizing normally wasted space is becoming much more popular now.
Planning required the developer to do this in order to proceed with 350 Mission; the two projects have always been tied together since plans were previously submitted by the previous owner. If you're in that part of the Financial District, walk into St. Mary's Square to see how nice it is and how much better it will become. It's definitely one of our more hidden gems.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2015, 5:10 AM
Sonoma Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
Planning required the developer to do this in order to proceed with 350 Mission; the two projects have always been tied together since plans were previously submitted by the previous owner. If you're in that part of the Financial District, walk into St. Mary's Square to see how nice it is and how much better it will become. It's definitely one of our more hidden gems.
There's always more to discover in San Francisco!

Pictures of Santa Rosa, So. Co.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2015, 6:42 AM
Only Mostly Dead

I checked out progress on the St. Mary's Square expansion on the roof of 500 Pine. You can already see where some features will be built up:

You have to peek through the fence:

Check out how elevated this piece of wall at 350 is:

Pretty much the same shot cmak posted, but thought I'd throw it in anyway:

Old Posted Oct 21, 2015, 4:22 PM

The Business Times says Twitch may pre-lease about 40% of the building:

Quote:
Twitch is nearing a large deal to move into several floors at 350 Bush St., a future 370,000-square-foot tower, according to three people familiar with the negotiations. The tower, which started speculative construction earlier this year, is one of the last buildable sites in the North Financial District.

If completed, the lease would likely be for at least 150,000 square feet in the 19-story tower, which is slated to open in the first quarter of 2017.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2015, 2:13 AM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

A crappy snapshot I took of the crane from my office this afternoon:

Right now I cannot see much of the construction, but it won't be long before this is a view of one of the city's newest office towers (and the first north of Market in many years).

Old Posted Nov 7, 2015, 2:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
Check out how elevated this piece of wall at 350 is:

Wow, I totally missed that. They're excavating *under* that old brick building.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive