HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 18, 2016, 6:14 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Another day, another highrise. The NYC style boom of the South.

Also a 954 ft proposal. Like many, details overtime will follow.

Thread: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=221097

=====================
=====================

36-Story Residential Tower Planned In Edgewater With 171 Units

Quote:
A 171-unit residential tower is in the planning stages behind Kobi Karp’s office building in Edgewater.

AR Edgewater Investments LLC submitted a request to replat ten lots along Northeast 29th Street, Northeast 29th Terrace, and Northeast Fourth Avenue to allow for for the project.

The property is down the block from the under-construction Biscayne Beach.
Current Site:

=========================
NXT

Old Posted Feb 18, 2016, 6:19 PM

What ? Not a supertall ? Disappointing.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2016, 6:22 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Yea we'll have to settle with 36 floors. But its just one of hundreds in the pipeline.

But there was news of a 954 ft tower, so no need to snort the prozac yet.

I'll just repost this for info sake:

Quote:
[...]

1010 Brickell and Canvas are only two of literally hundreds of condo buildings that have been planned, proposed or approved — 252 new condo buildings, to be exact, totaling 36,000 units east of Interstate 95 in Miami-Dade County. The average proposed building consists of 23 floors and more than 140 units.

Call it a multibillion dollar makeover, a recovery from rocking times, which is setting the stage for a new generation of development.

And it’s a condo trend that is proving to be contagious across tri-county South Florida (Palm Beach and Broward along with Dade). Since the current building cycle commenced five years ago, some 400 new condo buildings have been announced. All, of course, won’t become reality. The numbers, though, certainly warrant the term “boom.”

Back downtown, 8,750 condo units are expected to have hit the market between 2015 and 2017, with the bulk arriving over the next 21 months, according to the Miami Downtown Development Authority, an independent agency of the City of Miami funded by a special tax levy on properties in its district boundaries.

Yet, by virtue of downtown’s population doubling during the past decade to 80,000, plus an additional 39 percent projected population growth over the next three to five years, the market should be capable of absorbing most of the new units, cites the Miami DDA, pointing to pent-up demand from recent lean years of construction.

International buyers also are expected to keep the market in balance. Almost three-quarters of preconstruction units currently at various stages of development are aimed at international buyers, according to market data.
====================
http://forwardflorida.com/real-estat...velopment-hot/
====================

Just to give you a sense, the average proposed building is 17 floors in NYC, so Miami is on the right track.

And this is just for "condos". Not even including the office and hotel portion.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2016, 2:45 AM

Has there been any known movement either on the ground or behind the scenes for the Miami Worldcenter project? I can remember following both it and the Brickell City Center project and thought the Worldcenter project was more ambitious and a year or two behind Brickell City Center... but here we are coming up on the completion of Brickell and I haven't really heard a peep out of Miami Worldcenter. Any chance that it is going to be canceled?

Old Posted Mar 1, 2016, 4:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakau2007 View Post
Has there been any known movement either on the ground or behind the scenes for the Miami Worldcenter project? I can remember following both it and the Brickell City Center project and thought the Worldcenter project was more ambitious and a year or two behind Brickell City Center... but here we are coming up on the completion of Brickell and I haven't really heard a peep out of Miami Worldcenter. Any chance that it is going to be canceled?
Paramount Groundbreaking Ceremony Scheduled For March 3, Will Include Helicopter Flights
By TNM Staff on February 25, 2016

A ground breaking ceremony for Paramount Miami World Center is scheduled for the morning of March 3.

The ceremony will include flights in a helicopter for select buyers and brokers, according to Michael Light.

Much of the foundation work has already been completed. 260 of Paramount’s 427 pilings have already been drilled, along with 20 percent of the pilings for the recently announced outdoor retail center.

Paramount is scheduled for completion in late 2018.

Video Link

http://www.thenextmiami.com/paramoun...copter-flight/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the ground breaking of the Paramount Tower @ Miami World Center on March 3rd. this will be Miami's 3rd. skyscraper currently under construction over 200+ meters | 700+ feet.

http://legacy.skyscrapercenter.com/c...usManfredi.png

Figures :

Height: Architectural 224.9 m / 738 ft
Height: To Tip 224.9 m / 738 ft
Floors Above Ground : 60 stories

http://www.skyscrapercenter.com/buil...ldcenter/18030

Old Posted Mar 1, 2016, 5:26 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

^^^^^

Nice. Two towers over 700 ft starting up this month. Brickell Flatiron and Paramount.

3rd largest U.S. skyline and growing.

-----> Scroll

And this is just a section of it.

The skyline of Miami, Florida, U.S.A. across Biscayne Bay by jorge molina, on Flickr

Old Posted Mar 1, 2016, 5:42 AM

Construction Begins Tomorrow At Brickell Flatiron | 228.6 m | 750 ft. | 65 stories

By TNM Staff on February 29, 2016

Work is set to begin tomorrow on Ugo Colombo’s much anticipated Brickell Flatiron, with the arrival of construction equipment at the site.

The site, which has been used as a parking lot for years, is being cleared of cars today to make way for the equipment.

A groundbreaking ceremony is scheduled to be held in mid-March, a source at the developer said.

When completed, Brickell Flatiron will include 549 units. It will rise 65 stories, or 750 feet above ground, making it among the tallest in Miami.

Brickell Flatiron is set to break ground on March 16th. :
http://www.goldenduskphotography.com...led-march-16th

http://i.imgur.com/1UJ1MRd.jpg

Aerial view of the site 2 blocks south of Brickell Citi Centre :

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1ikjcbb6.png

Brickell Flatiron is in the center in this rendering below & missing in the background is Brickell Citi Centre right behind this tower :

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5x2vl2lv.jpg

Old Posted Mar 1, 2016, 6:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
^^^^^

Nice. Two towers over 700 ft starting up this month. Brickell Flatiron and Paramount.

-----> Scroll

And this is just a section of it.

The skyline of Miami, Florida, U.S.A. across Biscayne Bay by jorge molina, on Flickr
Yes! Two skyscrapers over 700+ ft. | 200+ meters breaking ground this month & two others Under Construction at the same time :

Panorama Tower | 250.6m | 822 ft. | 80 stories | Under Construction

Brickell Flatiron Building | 228.6m | 750 ft. | 65 stories | Ground breaking 3/16/2016

Paramount Miami Worldcenter | 224.9m | 738 ft. | 60 stories | Ground breaking 3/3/2016

One Thousand Museum | 215.2m | 706 ft. | 60 stories | Under Construction

Old Posted Mar 1, 2016, 1:47 PM

Isn't Echo Brickell also under construction and over 700 feet?

Old Posted Mar 1, 2016, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdreamz View Post
Yes! Two skyscrapers over 700+ ft. | 200+ meters breaking ground this month & two others Under Construction at the same time :

Panorama Tower | 250.6m | 822 ft. | 80 stories | Under Construction

Brickell Flatiron Building | 228.6m | 750 ft. | 65 stories | Ground breaking 3/16/2016

Paramount Miami Worldcenter | 224.9m | 738 ft. | 60 stories | Ground breaking 3/3/2016

One Thousand Museum | 215.2m | 706 ft. | 60 stories | Under Construction
Last I heard, Paramount was approved by the FAA at only 699 feet. Couldn't get that one extra foot.
http://www.thenextmiami.com/faa-appr...i-worldcenter/

Old Posted Mar 1, 2016, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakau2007 View Post
Isn't Echo Brickell also under construction and over 700 feet?
Echo got chopped down to 635 feet.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2016, 7:19 PM

Old Posted Mar 1, 2016, 7:20 PM

Old Posted Mar 1, 2016, 7:36 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
It never feels like the 3rd largest to me though. Nowhere near it, really... when I think of San Francisco, Seattle, Philly, Seattle (even Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, and LA maybe), they all seem like more substantial and impressive skylines. Maybe because Miami is almost all residential condos now, lacks even an 800-footer yet, and it's still low density in comparison -- just mainly a long, relatively thin string of similar-looking condos along the water. By overall height on paper, sure, but still doesn't pass the eye test for some reason. Just a FAR different building composition and density issue, I guess. I think office towers are just far more impressive structures and bestow a presence and power that condos just simply cannot. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a beautiful skyline and one of my favorite... and it certainly seems like it will grow into being able to truly own that title.

Quote:

I like. Very nice. Think I'll buy a unit in it . I wish...

Old Posted Mar 1, 2016, 10:01 PM

Miami Condo to Rise Above Biscayne Boulevard Church

Quote:
A church complex at 1836 Biscayne Boulevard in Miami is set to be preserved and incorporated into a 38-storey condominium development. The 352-unit project, by developer Fifteen Group, received final zoning approval in late January following revisions to the proposed building's scale.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 3:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Dick View Post
It never feels like the 3rd largest to me though. Nowhere near it, really... when I think of San Francisco, Seattle, Philly, Seattle (even Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, and LA maybe), they all seem like more substantial and impressive skylines. Maybe because Miami is almost all residential condos now, lacks even an 800-footer yet, and it's still low density in comparison -- just mainly a long, relatively thin string of similar-looking condos along the water. By overall height on paper, sure, but still doesn't pass the eye test for some reason. Just a FAR different building composition and density issue, I guess. I think office towers are just far more impressive structures and bestow a presence and power that condos just simply cannot. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a beautiful skyline and one of my favorite... and it certainly seems like it will grow into being able to truly own that title.

I like. Very nice. Think I'll buy a unit in it . I wish...
I do agree with you on the cities you mentioned having more impressive skylines than Miami's but the skylines of those cities you mentioned are almost all office towers which are bulkier structures with taller floor heights.

There is a lot more urban depth with cities like San Francisco, Seattle, Philly, Seattle compared to Miami on a street level basis but one can't deny Miami's downtown / Brickell's residential population density compared to the cities you have mentioned so far.
The fact is people are living in downtown Miami & Brickell.
How many of the cities you mentioned above have a equal comparable residential population?

As for the 3rd. largest skyline in the US claim? Miami will have 50 skyscrapers above 500+ feet | 152 + meters once all of the 19 towers Under Construction in that category are completed.

Panorama Tower @ 80 stories & 822 feet is currently under construction.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 3:49 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Yup 50 over 500 ft / 150m.

So u/c + complete for JUST 500 ft+ for the city limits:

Miami: 50 *
Chicago: 110
Houston: 35
Boston: 17
San Francisco: 21

QED

* That's not even including Sunny Isles which has 12 towers over 500 ft either u/c, completed or in demo.

So the city has made dramatic changes. With over 6+ super talls in the pipeline, its easily securing itself among the ranks. Overtime, the streets themselves will become better through new residents, upgrades, improvements in transit and so on. It also has the 2nd largest amount of projects in the pipeline next to NYC and Dallas.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 6:10 AM
BANNED

Quote:

There is a lot more urban depth with cities like San Francisco, Seattle, Philly, Seattle compared to Miami on a street level basis but one can't deny Miami's downtown / Brickell's residential population density compared to the cities you have mentioned so far.
The fact is people are living in downtown Miami & Brickell.
How many of the cities you mentioned above have a equal comparable residential population?

As for the 3rd. largest skyline in the US claim? Miami will have 50 skyscrapers above 500+ feet | 152 + meters once all of the 19 towers Under Construction in that category are completed.

Panorama Tower @ 80 stories & 822 feet is currently under construction.
Actually, cities like Philly, San Francisco, and Seattle have large center city/downtown populations. They have more people living in their central cores than Miami does. Not sure about Seattle, but Philly and SF, definitely.

And the thing is, Miami's downtown/Brickell population numbers are really suspect. I think the last number I saw was around 90k, but I have a very hard time believing that part-time (or no-time) "residents" don't make up a significant portion of that total. It certainly does not seem like 90,000 people live in the immediate area when you're in downtown Miami/Brickell. It's still kinda dead. I have a place just outside of the Brickell area, so I'm in the area a lot. If that figure was an accurate representation of the number of people actually living there, I really think you would see a lot more businesses and additional amenities there to capitalize on that significant of a population.

Yeah, I know the numbers... like I said earlier, it just doesn't seem like it.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 6:45 AM

Aventura Mall food court is closed

Well, Guys,

This is it!

Aventura Mall food court is closed for renovation. Due to the construction. You won't have eat there for a quite some time.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...e63008342.html

Can you guys do favor for me? Can you try to do photography? I would like to see that. Can you posts a pictures from Aventura Mall construction. I want see what's going on there.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 2:06 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations