HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Middle East & Africa

Old Posted May 21, 2011, 8:13 PM

Will we be seeing more of it soon? Never have made it out to dubai, or never managed to really see the middle east for that matter. Let 's see some more of this!! You have an excellent photo array going with the interior images, for sure. Hurt my brain a bit to take a look at it and think, 'wish my house looked like that'.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 2:36 PM
Dubai

4/November/2011

Burj Khalifa

Old Posted Nov 25, 2011, 2:45 PM
Dubai

25/November/2011

Burj Khalifa

Old Posted Nov 25, 2011, 6:26 PM

amazing truly !!
DUHOK
KIRKUK

Old Posted Dec 14, 2011, 4:15 AM
Proudly Canadian

Hi all.

I have taken Fury's Historical Burj Khalifa Thread as far as I can for now.

I will finish it once I make a decision to call the whole of the works completed for the project. I have been waiting to hear some confirmation (that may never come) but I am thinking it is done at this time. I will probably call it complete soon regardless of confirmation.

I have been working on the thread for 3 months. It has 372 posts with 497 pics, including every drawing I have. I have incorporated my plan and all my plan comparison stuff as well.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it.
Anyone interested, the thread is here.

Ray.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2011, 3:24 PM
Dubai

16/December/2011

Burj Khalifa

Old Posted Dec 16, 2011, 3:25 PM
Dubai

16/December/2011

Burj Khalifa

Old Posted Dec 21, 2011, 4:43 PM
Dubai

Old Posted Dec 26, 2011, 6:38 PM
Dubai

RTA announces operation plan of public transport during New Year’s celebrations at Burj Khalifa

Dubai Metro to continue service round the clock

63 buses, 4000 taxicabs deployed to transit commuters to Burj Khalifa

The Roads & Transport Authority – Mohammed Al Munji:
His Excellency Mattar Al Tayer, Chairman of the Board & Executive Director of the Roads & Transport Authority (RTA), announced the master plan for the management of traffic and public transport means spanning the Dubai Metro (Burj Khalifa Station, Financial Center Station, Business Bay Station), public buses, and taxis during the New Year’s celebrations at Burj Khalifa area in order to streamline the traffic flow and ease the mobility of visitors from and to the event venue.

“The plan, which was developed by RTA’s External Events Organization Team in coordination with the General HQ of Dubai Police and Emaar, features the integration of multi-modal transit systems as well as traffic systems to ease the mobility of people from and to Burj Khalifa area. The plan includes expanding the operational hours of the Dubai Metro into a non-stop service past the midnight of Sunday 1st January (24 hours) and slashing the service frequency (headway) to 3 minutes in the stations from Al Rashidiya up to Ibn Battuta during the peak hours from after 12.00 am (past the midnight) and up to 05:30 am, whereas the service frequency during the off-peak time will range from 4 to 10 minutes. The metro service at Burj Khalifa has been enhanced through separating the entry & exit points, improving the operational efficiency of the station, and installing four additional gates as well as modifying two gates in order to ease the public mobility within the station and avoid thronging the station by visitors during this period, besides improving the movement in the Financial Center Station and Business Bay Station,” said “Al Tayer.

“The RTA, in coordination with the Dubai World Trade Center and Meydan, has made preparations for utilizing the existing parking space in order to create about 10,000 parking slots and provide access to the venue through express bus service. RTA will deploy 63 articulated, double deck and standard buses to shuttle from the parking lots of Meydan Racecourse, Dubai World Trade Center, General Directorate of Residency & Foreigners Affairs, and Zabeel Park, through a dedicated express lane leading to the events venue. It will also deploy about 4000 taxicabs to work round the clock which are expected to make more than 30,000 trips from and to Burj Khalifa.

“The Boulevard Street at Burj Khalifa will be closed once the parking slots are full to avoid potential traffic congestions in the area. RTA will also reset the programmed timing of the key light signals on the Financial Center Street to fit the traffic volumes generated during the peak hours, and deploy makeshift virtual messaging signs on the main roads to alert commuters about the condition of the parking space in Dubai Mall.

“Due attention has been made to the maximum capacity of all available transit systems to enable transiting about 400,000 persons to the event site (Burj Khalifa) from 07:00 am up to 12.00 am (after midnight) expected to lift about 260,000 commuters at the Financial Center, Burj Khalifa, and Business Bay stations of Dubai Metro. About 50,000 passengers are expected to be served by public buses from and to the specified parking facilities, 51,000 passengers through the taxicabs, and 50,000 commuters at the Dubai Mall parking space. Departure service from the venue will start at 12.30 am up to 05.30 am and the maximum of transit means will be 263,000 persons, of which 151,000 persons for Dubai Metro, 50,000 persons for public buses, 12,000 persons for taxicabs, and 50,000 persons for commuters using Dubai Mall parking space,” added the Chairman of the Board & Executive Director of the RTA.

Al Tayer called on road users and various public transport users to cooperate with the organizers to streamline the traffic & mobility flow as well as the workers at the Dubai Metro Stations to ensure smooth & safe transit mobility.

More info:

http://burjdubaiphotos.blogspot.com/...of-public.html

Old Posted Dec 28, 2011, 1:27 AM
BANNED

God bless fearless slave labour.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 1:32 PM
Dubai

30/December/2011

Burj Khalifa

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 1:36 PM
Dubai

30/December/2011

Burj Khalifa

Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 9:38 PM
Dubai

Happy New Year

1/January/2012

Burj Khalifa

Old Posted Jan 13, 2012, 6:50 PM
Dubai

Burj Khalifa

Old Posted Jun 3, 2013, 1:22 PM

At first glance, I thought the Burj was ugly but now just from photos, I think it's beautiful with unique architecture. I finally built a 5 foot high model which took hundreds of hours and I keep staring at it. Sadly, it's hard to visit and long lines await visitors as well. Strangely, the observation deck is not near the pinnacle but is just above the midline.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Middle East & Africa