HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 11, 2012, 3:59 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTP View Post
As I recall the original Twin Towers had a lot of politics as well. Design was always secondary to the decision-makers. But I guess every tower has a lot of this.

I hope they make it as tall as possible because something tells me it'll be the last NY super-tower we'll see in our lifetimes.

Chicago is much friendlier to tower construction nowadays. Miami is the best.

To reiterate, NYC is a very poor place to build super towers. Because the taxes and cost of living are too high, most companies don't see the benefit of over-paying employees. The property values, ancient infrastructure, urban politics is a deterrent to more and more companies choosing the outskirts for the location of corporate headquarters. This WTC is a public relations disaster in this perspective.

I remember when Trump was building a tower and like a million people protested it because "it blocks the view of other towers". Ridiculous! See: Seattle "manhattanization" and the result on Seattle construction rates...
Yea,when you have well-known buildings under construction,chances are plenty of publicity always accompanies plenty of praise and critiscm but as we know,we only pick up on the latter.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture