HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jan 29, 2016, 3:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipv View Post
Ya... I know how girls feel on Tinder now No wonder nobody can get dates on that thing.. Men are gross
Pretty much.

The number of times guys don't get that my boyfriend and I are monogamous is sometimes infuriating. Yes, I am in a relationship, No, I don't want a threesome. I actually avoid pretty much any gay themed events even if completely non sexual for this reason.
"It is only because the control of the means of production is divided among many people acting independently that nobody has complete power over us, that we as individuals can decide what to do with ourselves." - Friedrich Hayek

Old Posted Feb 5, 2016, 1:29 AM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Dane (on the left, with his GF) is a trans man from town. He had to fundraise to get his top surgery in, I believe, Ontario, because the funding available in this province is only for the masectomy and he'd still have to go to the mainland for the chest contouring/everything else that makes it look masculine once the breasts are removed.

Anyhow, he raised enough. CBC interview - he seems so happy!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfou...gery-1.3432458

Old Posted Feb 16, 2016, 4:46 PM

A great piece by Rob Salerno in Xtra yesterday:

Quote:
No, little chickens, the sky is not falling on Toronto's gay Village

Is it already time for another series of “Death of the Village” stories in the media? I guess 2016 is a little over a month old, so it’s only a little ahead of schedule.

For as long as I’ve been an openly gay man, news outlets — including, occasionally, this one — have been falling over themselves to lament the latest nail in the coffin of the Village.

At this point, “The Death of the Gay Village” has to count as a whole genre of journalism, with an entire subgenre dedicated to first-person accounts by gay men who’ve been rejected once or twice and have come to understand that to be a moral failing of the entire gay community.

(Full article here)

Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 1:13 AM
I ♣ Baby Seals

The Outport (NL's LGBT magazine) has spread to the Maritimes. And gotten bigger!

A few of the highlights...

Loving the ads. I'm always curious to see which local businesses will go for it.

And which national ones will spend on a local magazine.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2016, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
A straight friend of mine created a grindr account as a joke, and was almost instantly bombarded with dick pics and requests for sex. He got scared and deleted it. I asked him, "What did you expect?" and he said he wasn't sure.

I don't use it, it's too weird.
Ahh, even when I specifically state to not send me unsolicited nudes they still do it. It's not even like guys with really nice dicks who want to show off, it's always the nastiest ones. Like do they honestly think sending me a pic of their tiny, crustily looking member is going to make me want to have sex with them? You'd think they'd rather hide it but noooo.

WTF is wrong with men?

Living in suburbia I don't really have any other options, I have met a few good guys from it so it's not a total cesspool. Surely you can't simply rely on bumping into people in real life, that would be too hard. Do you use tinder? or something else?

Last edited by The North One; Apr 8, 2016 at 8:35 PM.

Old Posted May 16, 2016, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The North One View Post
Ahh, even when I specifically state to not send me unsolicited nudes they still do it. It's not even like guys with really nice dicks who want to show off, it's always the nastiest ones. Like do they honestly think sending me a pic of their tiny, crustily looking member is going to make me want to have sex with them? You'd think they'd rather hide it but noooo.

WTF is wrong with men?

Living in suburbia I don't really have any other options, I have met a few good guys from it so it's not a total cesspool. Surely you can't simply rely on bumping into people in real life, that would be too hard. Do you use tinder? or something else?
Well said.. I find myself in a similar situation - I think I forgot how meeting people really works. Funny how that wasn't an issue back in university.

Regarding Grindr... The junk pics are entertaining, and can be intriguing - but at the end of the day I have one story I always tell my friends.. Once I went out on a date with this guy who checked every box. He was tall, very handsome, masculine, intellectual and had a great job. Definitely a different type of date than the usual Grindr stuff... I get home all excited looking forward to the second date and the first thing he does as I walk through my door is proceed to text me about 20 pics of his junk. As impressive as it was, I completely lost interest in him.

When that's what you think is your selling feature, or value proposition I'm not interested. That's the vibe I get with guys who send unsolicited dick pics.

Old Posted May 16, 2016, 7:18 PM

Quote:
As impressive as it was, I completely lost interest in him.

When that's what you think is your selling feature, or value proposition I'm not interested. That's the vibe I get with guys who send unsolicited dick pics.
lol, well, if it was impressive then that's a different story.

But yeah it sucks when you're looking for a relationship and all the other guy wants is to use you (I guess this is how women feel). But I can also understand just wanting to hookup sometimes.

But if it was nice you should have went for it! lol

Old Posted May 16, 2016, 7:22 PM

Quote:
lol, well, if it was impressive then that's a different story.

But yeah it sucks when you're looking for a relationship and all the other guy wants is to use you (I guess this is how women feel). But I can also understand just wanting to hookup sometimes.

But if it was nice you should have went for it! lol
Agreed, but...

I have a habit of putting guys into two buckets the moment I meet them... Relationship or casual.. Once you get put in a bucket you have no hopes of graduating to the other one.

This is why I'm single..

Old Posted May 20, 2016, 1:02 AM
HVAC guru

Wow they canceled the rodeo. No info why, I wonder if the move from Symons Valley to Strathmore had something to do with it, apparently attendance was way down last year

I haven't been since I lived in Calgary, but it was a really fun time

Old Posted May 20, 2016, 1:55 PM

^^Sad, but writing was on the wall.. I too haven't been since it moved from Symons Valley to Strathmore but since the move, ARGRA may have had to make a lot of consolations or compromises especially on event name from Calgary Gay Rodeo to Canadian Rockies International Rodeo and Music Festival plus also minimizing gay aspect of event including no LGBTQ references in any advertising for the event. It basically turned from a gay festival to non-gay

Old Posted May 27, 2016, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Agreed, but...

I have a habit of putting guys into two buckets the moment I meet them... Relationship or casual.. Once you get put in a bucket you have no hopes of graduating to the other one.

This is why I'm single..
Well, the dating scene in Toronto must be decent, no? Lots of options?

Old Posted Jun 1, 2016, 3:27 PM

We went to see Nick Green's Body Politic this weekend at Buddies in Bad Times (read about it in this Now article). I would highly recommend it to anyone in the Toronto area over the next couple weeks.

In other news, there are rumours that Glad Day Bookshop is planning a move to a new location - possibly quite far from the Village. Their (relatively new) third floor event space is one of the better smaller spaces downtown IMO and will be missed.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2016, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Well, the dating scene in Toronto must be decent, no? Lots of options?
It's really decent if you're into twinks.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2016, 6:11 PM

the new Mosaic Stadium v2.0 in Regina will set another first for Canada..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...dium-1.3609791

Old Posted Jun 6, 2016, 6:41 PM

Pride Week spirit in Saskatoon....

Source

Source

And my absolute favourite:

Source

Old Posted Jun 10, 2016, 8:54 PM
ARTchitecture

Spent Edmonton Pride Weekend in a hospital in St. Albert having my appendix removed after it almost ruptured for no good reason. I heard it was a really good time this year though

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2016, 2:15 AM

As a clarification, I myself am not gay. However I have plenty of experience with Vancouver's LGBT community and our gay village on Davie street (I work here). I can't really say for certain how well the rest of the country handles LGBT issues, i've been to Calgary and found it seemed open there, but alas, my experience is limited to that which I had observed.

Although I am not gay, I would definitely consider myself transgender and after experiencing the healthcare system in vancouver for trans individuals, I'd honestly say Vancouver is probably one of the best places in the world for it. Of course some of our suburbs can be problematic (Abbotsford, Langley, Chilliwack), but Vancouver city itself is extremely open minded on LGBT issues.

I do not have experience outside of western Canada so I cannot speak for say Toronto or Montreal.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2016, 4:44 AM
Bla Bla

There's Gay bar in Sask too.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2016, 12:43 PM

Perfect example of why prep is an absolutely moronic excuse to forego condoms...

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...ronto-man.html

When somebody says 'I'm on prep' I literally run. There is no bigger red flag in the gay community for me.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Perfect example of why prep is an absolutely moronic excuse to forego condoms...

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...ronto-man.html

When somebody says 'I'm on prep' I literally run. There is no bigger red flag in the gay community for me.
The only exception I could imagine would be if you were in a monogamous relationship with a partner tested non-drug resistant HIV+. Even then, however, no guarantees in this life.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada