HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation

Old Posted Nov 21, 2023, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus CLS View Post
News release big disappointment. Just official announcement Phase1 Calabogie interchange is complete. I drive regularly between Ottawa and Muskoka and already knew this at Thanksgiving. I assumed the next phase was being announced and grubbing, cutting and clearing would commence right away as migratory bird season is over, hence new construction starting in the spring.
That said, Calabogie is such a quick/easy drive from Ottawa now that we should expect more development at the resort and surrounding lakes. I would love to see the ski hill get a bit more attention as the tallest hill in the region other than Mont Ste Marie.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2023, 12:49 AM
Road Engineer Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuxTown View Post
That said, Calabogie is such a quick/easy drive from Ottawa now that we should expect more development at the resort and surrounding lakes. I would love to see the ski hill get a bit more attention as the tallest hill in the region other than Mont Ste Marie.
I've heard that detailed design hasn't even begun beyond Calabogie Road, so it will be a while.
Meanwhile, it will be interesting to see if Burnstown starts growing too.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2023, 2:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus CLS View Post
News release big disappointment. Just official announcement Phase1 Calabogie interchange is complete. I drive regularly between Ottawa and Muskoka and already knew this at Thanksgiving. I assumed the next phase was being announced and grubbing, cutting and clearing would commence right away as migratory bird season is over, hence new construction starting in the spring.
What route do you take ? I have been driving this route for thirty years.

My family has a cottage on Crane Lake, west of Muskoka.

We drive 417 W- > 17 W > Cobden -> Hwy 60 W to Huntsville -> Hwy 11 S -> Muskoka rd 3 W -> Rosseau -> 141 W -> N old Hwy 69 -> Jacklin Cres to lake.

We sometime take Bruce St through Renfrew and then Hwy 60 W instead of going to Cobden, we often stop in Pikwakanagan (Golden Lake) for cheap gas and Barry's Bay at the Dairy Freeze.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2023, 4:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qprcanada View Post
What route do you take ? I have been driving this route for thirty years.

My family has a cottage on Crane Lake, west of Muskoka.

We drive 417 W- > 17 W > Cobden -> Hwy 60 W to Huntsville -> Hwy 11 S -> Muskoka rd 3 W -> Rosseau -> 141 W -> N old Hwy 69 -> Jacklin Cres to lake.

We sometime take Bruce St through Renfrew and then Hwy 60 W instead of going to Cobden, we often stop in Pikwakanagan (Golden Lake) for cheap gas and Barry's Bay at the Dairy Freeze.
I am in South Muskoka, East of Hwy. 11. 417
W, 6OW, at Renfrew 132W, 41, 28W Denbigh, Bancroft, 118W, Haliburton , Muskoka, Muskoka Rd 20 to Muskoka Rd 6 to Doeskin Lake aka Doe Lake original home of the Yorkville rock.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation