HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:35 PM
Adoptive Chicagoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Near North Resident View Post
Imagine it in the 5 months of the year where it won't be green but gray, dirty, and tagged with grafitti

would be cool though if they let artists decorate it, to enhance the pedestrian experience but I highly doubt they would let that happen
I agree. It'd be perfect to commission work from outsider artists like Mario Gonzales, Jr., Chris Silva, Ish Muhammad, Tewz, etc.

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:38 PM
Team Alinghi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post
I see that this was posted in the boom rundown but it might as well go here too. I'd go to this meeting if I could but don't have a clone and must work. I hope others here who post so passionately and have the time will attend.

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20150...d-logan-square

By Darryl Holliday | March 28, 2015 12:26pm

"Twin Towers" Rental Project Proposal Downsized in Logan Square

By Darryl Holliday | March 28, 2015 12:26pm

LOGAN SQUARE — A development proposal that would create the largest residential buildings in Logan Square has been downgraded but remains supersized.

The “twin towers” were introduced in October 2014 to a divided crowd. After a round of revisions, the two connected towers have been downsized from 11- and 15-story-tall buildings to 11- and 12-story-tall structures at 2293 N. Milwaukee Ave., according to the Greater Goethe Neighborhood Association.

A community meeting will be held at Haas Park Monday, March 30 at 6:30 p.m. to review the new specifications for the lot — formerly the Max Gerber property.

From the Logan Square Neighborhood Association:
http://www.lsna.net/mobile/calendar/5011

I'm reading some rather troubling rhetoric...

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emathias View Post
I agree. It'd be perfect to commission work from outsider artists like Mario Gonzales, Jr., Chris Silva, Ish Muhammad, Tewz, etc.
Jeff Zimmerman has done cool stuff around town too

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvfr800i View Post
Yeah, but that applies to all of Chicago. Nothing looks good with a mount of dirty snow piled in front of it. A public art installation would be nice as a part of the green space...(cue the Che Guevara/Cesar Chavez mural.)
Any decent landscape architect would incorporate evergreens or ornamental grasses that stand til spring into this design. Too many streetscapes in Chicago unrealistically address our climate which can be easily solved by using plants that actually belong here. Dogwoods, native grasses, pines, spruces, etc. All look fantastic in the winter, especially after a fresh snow. If all you plant is petunias and roses in Chicago your garden is going to look like shit 6 months a year

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:33 PM

Building untouched since the 1970s in the heart of WP on Milwaukee Ave is about to undergo a renovation to turn into 20 apartments. 1422-26 N Milwaukee, same building as Brooklyn Industries, Lomography, etc. Supposed to be unaffected by this luckily. Former owner says he had them boarded up for so long because he didn't want to be a landlord (too much work). However he still rented out to ground level retail/commercial.

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20150...s-sell-for-42m

* Check out my 2015 Chicago conversions, rehabs, and additions map at https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...k.kyJajGMvzhcE

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:40 PM
Urban Living

that's great news..there are a number of buildings in this condition on Milwaukee, and Division to a lesser extent.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcp View Post
that's great news..there are a number of buildings in this condition on Milwaukee, and Division to a lesser extent.
Yeah. Like the one Reckless Records is making into their megastore around there.

* Check out my 2015 Chicago conversions, rehabs, and additions map at https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...k.kyJajGMvzhcE

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
Any decent landscape architect would incorporate evergreens or ornamental grasses that stand til spring into this design. Too many streetscapes in Chicago unrealistically address our climate which can be easily solved by using plants that actually belong here. Dogwoods, native grasses, pines, spruces, etc. All look fantastic in the winter, especially after a fresh snow. If all you plant is petunias and roses in Chicago your garden is going to look like shit 6 months a year
There is so much store-front retail in that area. That the developer isn't automatically inserting more retail in this design is a good thing...but yes, it all should work with the climate.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvfr800i View Post
There is so much store-front retail in that area. That the developer isn't automatically inserting more retail in this design is a good thing...but yes, it all should work with the climate.
The direct area where these buildings will be has almost no store-fronts. There is a huge parking lot, empty lots and a dollar store in the immediate vicinity. If you are building something like this on Milwaukee Avenue, it should include retail.

Old Posted Today, 2:11 AM
Team Alinghi

Don't you just hate it when you attend a private high school in an affluent neighborhood and you just want to shoot hoops at the local public elementary school but you can't because the school is building a state-of-the-art expansion so children don't have to take classes in the boiler room anymore?
It's like such a BUMMER you guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jSINN9m830

Old Posted Today, 3:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r18tdi View Post
Don't you just hate it when you attend a private high school in an affluent neighborhood and you just want to shoot hoops at the local public elementary school but you can't because the school is building a state-of-the-art expansion so children don't have to take classes in the boiler room anymore?
It's like such a BUMMER you guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jSINN9m830

Hahhahahah thats my friends brother.. and although i agree with you, he goes to my school and i find this a lil bit condescending

Old Posted Today, 3:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Former owner says he had them boarded up for so long because he didn't want to be a landlord (too much work).
20 apts x 12 months x 40 years = 9600 rent checks he could have collected but didn't. Jeez, hire a property manager, give them half. Still come out ahead. That's crazy.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development