HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jun 8, 2009, 12:08 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

The large historic 3 level warehouse at 8th Street Marketplace is kind of like a mini downtown mall in some respects. All of the retail and office spaces in the building have been renovated and if they eventually fill up with more tenants to add on to the existing tenant base then the building could be somewhat similar and be a small and tiny version of the Pioneer in Portland.

I searched online for a site for the building and it looks like the new official name is 8th Street Marketplace at BoDo.
http://www.8thstreetmarketplace.com/
Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Jun 8, 2009, 2:22 AM

Does BoDo still not have a website? Sort of annoying...lol.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2009, 4:45 AM
Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post
The large historic 3 level warehouse at 8th Street Marketplace is kind of like a mini downtown mall in some respects. All of the retail and office spaces in the building have been renovated and if they eventually fill up with more tenants to add on to the existing tenant base then the building could be somewhat similar and be a small and tiny version of the Pioneer in Portland.

I searched online for a site for the building and it looks like the new official name is 8th Street Marketplace at BoDo.
http://www.8thstreetmarketplace.com/

That sounds like an interesting place, with retail, live music, eateries, artist in residence program...
Here's a pic I found of it: http://pics4.city-data.com/cpicc/cfiles30467.jpg

Old Posted Jun 8, 2009, 6:45 PM

That building is part of the 8th Street Marketplace complex, containing restaurants and retail, but the 8th Street Marketplace building (housing the pseudo-mall) is actually the one on the far left of that photo. It has a lot of potential.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2009, 8:24 PM
Earthling

^
Ah, thank-you!
I suppose it won't be that much longer before I learn all the right names for Boise buildings!

Old Posted Jun 8, 2009, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boysee Boi View Post
That building is part of the 8th Street Marketplace complex, containing restaurants and retail, but the 8th Street Marketplace building (housing the pseudo-mall) is actually the one on the far left of that photo. It has a lot of potential.

The official name of that building is the Mercantile Building. There is a great new art gallery/coffee shop inside on the main level.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2009, 4:45 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Just some pictures I took from the parking lot where Jack's Place is going to be built on. There is some decent foilage going on in that lot.

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West