HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography

Old Posted Sep 21, 2009, 5:41 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond Agent 007 View Post
I'm starting to get pissed at this kitty. It keeps losing its little mouse toys. Yesterday I spent at least a half hour looking for one of them only to find it buried in the most obscure location. Today I've spent probably an hour-and-a-half looking for the same one but cannot find it ANYWHERE!

At this rate I'm gonna end up spending $100 a month just on kitty toy replacements.

A suggestion: Don't let the cat outdoors anymore. I read that outdoor cats live an average of 7 years and indoor cats live and average of 17 years.

By the time the kitty is 7 years old you will be very fond of her and the various accidents that happen to outdoor cats will be painful. Just keep her inside--she won't mind, believe me. I can stand with the door open and my cat won't even try to go out.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2009, 4:22 AM
Posh

^
She spends most of the time indoors anyway. I just let her outside once in a while - supervised.

I did that a couple weeks ago to teach her how to climb trees. After I was doing that for a while, along came two other cats - and then she got scared and REALLY climbed a tree! I had to coax her down from about 10 feet up.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2009, 4:27 AM
EVDS MPlan Grad

My outdoor cat lived to be 20. He went missing several times, once for three months before returning, and once he got into an ice cream truck and disappeared for a few days.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2009, 4:43 AM
Chaos Machine

Autumn:

Old Posted Sep 24, 2009, 11:49 PM
Chillin' in The Burgh

I don't have a cat but I came across this friendly one and snapped a couple photos. I like how this one turned out the best:

Old Posted Sep 25, 2009, 2:06 AM
The Cat's Meow

3 Cats that seem to run the house!

Abby

Lilly

Jack

Video of Jack's Skills:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGZtNHQlTLI

Video of Jack fighting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tZctdLGKz4

Last edited by Fortunate4Now; Sep 30, 2009 at 1:31 AM.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2009, 5:42 AM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Jack's adorable!

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Sep 27, 2009, 2:12 AM
Chillin' in The Burgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortunate4Now View Post
3 Cats that seem to run the house!

Abby
"TURN THE MUSIC DOWN!!"

Old Posted Sep 28, 2009, 9:12 PM

Isaac, Kelvin and Isabella

And after a shaving (insert joke here)

Old Posted Oct 10, 2009, 5:25 PM
Making hell of a noise...

Nice kitties everyone!

This isn't mine. Just some shots of a cat I saw earlier today.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2009, 11:09 PM

It is astonishing how much this looks like the cat I grew up with (Smudge 1988-2005). He was from Paterson, NJ.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2009, 1:05 AM

I've really enjoyed looking at everyone's pictures so I figured I would contribute. These are the kids.

This is Bitch. Her name is Bitch because, well, it's fitting. Her original name was Baby, named by someone else for her beautiful blue eyes.

This is her son Conan. He was the runt of the litter and thus deserved a nerdy red headed name.

Here he is playing inside a christmas gift bag.

This was Conan's girlfriend Farrah but I gave her away because no matter how much I washed her she always stunk like crazy. I was moving and figured it was a good time to give the gift that keeps on giving to a nice unsuspecting family.

Last edited by Visualize; Feb 13, 2011 at 3:11 AM.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2009, 7:21 PM
So very tired...

Old Posted Oct 22, 2009, 1:06 AM
Posh

Her favorite kitchen cupboard.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2009, 4:10 AM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Purina Kitten Chow, eh? I generally stick to Eukanuba and/or Science Diet for my two spoiled brats... Haha

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Oct 23, 2009, 1:46 AM
Posh

^
I actually recently bought a bag of Purina One kitten food, which is a grade above ordinary Kitten Chow. But when I put both in her dish she seems to prefer the Kitten Chow.

But she gets spoiled anyway. I just gave her some tuna fish (along with the fish-flavored water from the can), which I do on occasion to give her a treat. I also buy an occasional can of Fancy Feast which I give to her on the weekends (it's the small can in the 2nd pic).

So she does get a little spoiled, but not too spoiled.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 4:54 AM
Closed account

In my spare time, I volunteer at a cat shelter near Austin. Over time, I've brought home a few cats from the shelter, but have accumulated most from just finding them as strays. At one time I had 16, and have 14 now since two have cross the rainbow bridge. Here are my favorite photos of my "family".

This is why I don't sleep too well sometimes:

This is Zach, my oldest. He had a 1-month diabetic episode about a year ago and I almost lost him. But he came out of it, and at almost 14 years old, he's doing fine. Zach is a character, and never met a stranger.

This is Zach with Kala (pronounced "kahla"). She's about 13 and has never been sick a day in her life. She's my constant companion.

This is Matt, who showed up in my backyard as a frightened stray. He's about 12 now. His health is not so great these days, but he's hanging in there. He's very friendly to me but afraid of other people.

This is Aubrey and Sadie. They showed up in my back yard as feral kittens about 9 years ago. They were ferocious at the time, but tamed up well and are the sweetest kitties you can imagine.

This is Marcus, who is about 10. I found him as a young feral cat near the UT campus. He has bonded with me and is very loving, but is terrified of other people. His feral nature stays with him.

This is Olympia, who I found with her newborns in a storm drain beneath a burger stand. Olympia has award winning looks, doesn't she? She's quite a nice companion and rarely leaves my side. She's about 10.

This is Snuggles, one of Olympia's sons. Snuggles is the biggest clown of a kitty that ever existed. He keeps me in stitches with his antics. As his name indicates, he's a real snuggler. He's almost 9. This pic shows him next to my old desktop, his favorite perch.

This is Max, another of Olympia's sons. Max is extremely affectionate and intelligent. He can be a real bully, though, and sometimes has to go to "time out" if he pesters the others too much.

This is Bugsly and China. Bugsly is the tuxedo cat, and he's another of Olympia's sons. Bugsly is a real character and loves to give head bumps. He also likes to sleep more than the others. China, the tabby kitty, recently crossed the rainbow bridge due to kidney failure. She came from a feral colony but tamed up very well, and became my all-time favorite kitty. She couldn't get enough of head bumps and face rubs.

This is Patches, one of Olympia's two daughters. Patches looks like a Ragdoll. She's very shy but sweet, and loves attention. Patches is almost blind (was born that way) but gets around the house with no trouble at all. She can even jump up on furniture, and rarely misses. Her eye doctor says she can see shapes and judge distance, but everything is extremely blurred.

This is Dusty. She has quite a story. I found her at the same burger place that I found Olympia and her newborns. Dusty had apparently been caught up in a car engine on a cold day, and was very badly injured. I took this little gray kitten to the emergency vet, where they did surgery to reconstruct her abdomen and legs. She ended up eventually having three surgeries. But she's fine and has just a few scars. Dusty is shy around everyone but me. She sleeps on my chest or back every night, all night.

This is Athena, who was found by the shelter about 6 years ago. I brought her home from the shelter about 4 years ago. She's super friendly and loves to eat! Unfortunately, she is ill with stomatitis, diabetes, and indications that her kidneys are starting to fail. She visits the vet very frequently, and they're doing a great job of helping her get through all this.

Finally, this is Bingo, whose owner (my elderly cousin) passed away a couple of years ago. I inherited Bingo, who is about 10. He had a terrible time adjusting to his loss at first, but eventually got through it. Bingo loves when I play the piano, and rolls around on top of the piano when he hears it (my cousin was also a pianist).

My cats love to watch squirrels:

Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 7:04 AM
So very tired...

^ That's quite the full house you have! Love the last shot! I used to work at the SPCA, which is where I found my Zion (and his brother Buddha, since passed on). Here's another shot of Zion:

Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 7:10 AM
BANNED

Is changing litter boxes a full time job for you?

Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 3:12 PM
Closed account

Wow...Zion's blue eyes...beautiful.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography