HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Le Roccabella I in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Montreal Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Montreal Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 24, 2014, 11:30 PM
The good old days are now

C'est énorme!

Old Posted Nov 26, 2014, 3:20 AM

Maybe they'll wait before completing the west tower that more units are sold? A bit like Icone?

Old Posted Nov 27, 2014, 12:01 AM

The plan was always to start with the East tower and then follow-up with the West tower afterwards. The West tower only went on sale about two weeks and they are already at 10% sold. Seeing as how they started the East tower at 40% sold and the foundation work and podium are already done for the West tower, I don't see it taking very long before they give the go-ahead to start up again. FYI East tower is 90% sold.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2014, 2:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgebandit View Post
The plan was always to start with the East tower and then follow-up with the West tower afterwards. The West tower only went on sale about two weeks and they are already at 10% sold. Seeing as how they started the East tower at 40% sold and the foundation work and podium are already done for the West tower, I don't see it taking very long before they give the go-ahead to start up again. FYI East tower is 90% sold.
That's great news, however, some of us OLDER folk are always a bit leery of any project that has TWO towers, which are not built at the same time. Most of you are much too young to remember that Place Victoria, Tour de la bourse, have no idea what it's called NOW, was supposed to have TWO of those buildings united by that tiny unifying part in the middle. But that tanked like most of the projects announced originally back then. Wasn't the YUL project supposed to be two towers and now one is being replaced by a hotel? That's my problem, i also remember when McGill College was supposed to be all huge towers decades ago. And the Bonaventure expressway REDO was supposed to have towers on each side, at least originally. I would love it if any of you could direct me to a map of Griffintown as i have walked along the area and see those beautiful condos everywhere. There is one commercial for CJAD that runs on channel 12 and it shows part of it but i'd like to see the whole thing. I's going to be such a great area, i might not live to see it finished but it is so nice to finally see buildings that we aren't paying for going up for a change.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2014, 3:57 AM

If you follow this link http://www.mtlurb.com/forums/showthr...fintown/page53 it will take you to the mtlurb.com forum for Grifintown with a couple of maps of the projects in the area!

As for Roccabella, I think it's 99% certain that they intend on building the second tower seeing as how it's already on sale and they decided to build the podium for both right away.

For YUL, the project is still two towers. The hotel is a completely separate project, so, if all goes well, there will three 40-storey towers on Rene-Levesque between Lucien L'Allier and Overdale

The days of empty promises and stalled projects may finally be behind us!

Old Posted Nov 29, 2014, 3:19 PM

Quote:
If you follow this link http://www.mtlurb.com/forums/showthr...fintown/page53 it will take you to the mtlurb.com forum for Grifintown with a couple of maps of the projects in the area!

As for Roccabella, I think it's 99% certain that they intend on building the second tower seeing as how it's already on sale and they decided to build the podium for both right away.

For YUL, the project is still two towers. The hotel is a completely separate project, so, if all goes well, there will three 40-storey towers on Rene-Levesque between Lucien L'Allier and Overdale

Thanks so much for that link, just what i was looking for. Trouble with regular maps is that they aren't updated that often, although Google's at least shows the buildings being constructed whereas Bing only had empty lots or in the case of Griffintown, even the old buildings are still standing. Oh i knew Roccabella would eventually have two towers as they already built the base and it's scheduled start is for 2015. I was more concerned about Icone and Yul which i think i read are both starting with one building, LOL! I agree with you that THREE buildings on that huge lot will not be a problem. Saw an old pic yesterday and i noticed Aux bergers or whatever it was called for students cheap hotel type lodging seemed gone, guess it was torn down for the site. I park near TOM condos on Sundays so i check out their slow progress. Saw that the new English hospital is on schedule but the French one seems so far behind. Everywhere i drive in the city though it's new CONDOS, i wonder when we'll reach the saturation point that apparently Toronto and Vancouver were supposed to have reached already.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2014, 11:04 PM

I really am liking the quality of glazing they used thus far.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:

Old Posted Nov 30, 2014, 3:29 AM

Quote:
While i so appreciate your guiding me to that LINK, i would still like to see a helicopter shot of the whole area just showing the condo buildings that are up NOW. That whole area has changed so dramatically. AND, do we know when the city will tackle the partial demolition of that unsightly Bonaventure highway?

Old Posted Nov 30, 2014, 3:56 PM

If you navigate that thread a little bit you may be able to find some drone shots of Griffintown. There are also a couple of pictures similar to this one (http://mtlurb.com/forums/showthread....fintown/page51). Mtlurb.com also has an urban photography forum (http://mtlurb.com/forums/forumdispla...n-photography?) with LOTS of pictures of Montreal from above. Hope you find what you're looking for!

Old Posted Dec 1, 2014, 7:03 PM

Quote:
If you navigate that thread a little bit you may be able to find some drone shots of Griffintown. There are also a couple of pictures similar to this one (http://mtlurb.com/forums/showthread....fintown/page51). Mtlurb.com also has an urban photography forum (http://mtlurb.com/forums/forumdispla...n-photography?) with LOTS of pictures of Montreal from above. Hope you find what you're looking for!
O M G you were so right, now THAT's what i wanted to see. Funny, i've googled just that and never got such great results. These pics are just amazing. I don't think this city has seen so much construction since Drapeau's sixties. THANKS AGAIN, you have made my day! By the way, Tom condos is really digging deep, guess they'll have a huge underground parking there, and finally there is progress on that particular site.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2014, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal booster View Post
O M G you were so right, now THAT's what i wanted to see. Funny, i've googled just that and never got such great results. These pics are just amazing. I don't think this city has seen so much construction since Drapeau's sixties. THANKS AGAIN, you have made my day! By the way, Tom condos is really digging deep, guess they'll have a huge underground parking there, and finally there is progress on that particular site.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2014, 4:14 PM
CGIste

Ça monte!

Old Posted Dec 4, 2014, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspetit View Post
Ça monte!

ET TRES RAPIDEMENT!

Old Posted Dec 16, 2014, 4:18 PM
CGIste

Dernière photo avant longtemps, je changes de client et donc d'endroit de travail...

Je tenterai de prendre d'autres photos lorsque je passerai au bureau!

On notera qu'il n'y a désormais qu'une seule grue...

Old Posted Apr 12, 2015, 12:14 AM
Ciao tutti

My shots.
DSC_0117 by MTL Rumors, on Flickr,DSC_0119 by MTL Rumors, on Flickr,DSC_0120 by MTL Rumors, on Flickr

Old Posted Apr 12, 2015, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkahHigh View Post
Nope, the second one is due to start construction in 2015.
Any signs of the second tower starting soon?

Old Posted Apr 13, 2015, 2:13 PM
More transit please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design-mind View Post
Any signs of the second tower starting soon?
It's on sale right now, I believe it was to resume construction next fall.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 2:06 PM
TonyMTL

was in this part of town yesterday, starting to look real fine!

Old Posted Apr 29, 2015, 1:05 AM

Today

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive