HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted May 1, 2014, 4:27 PM

][/QUOTE]

The next core jump will put the top of the core form just into view on the bottom of level 62 this diagram.The elevations on the right side are above the lobby floor.

Old Posted May 1, 2014, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notyrview View Post
Right, and a topiary where you can admire the tower is not relevant to the thread. Anyway, I'd put money on you owning a terrarium or four.
There are no topiaries in that photo, people. It's a hedge. Duh.

Old Posted May 1, 2014, 5:30 PM

You could be free to look out the window all day, probably because the maid will do the cooking!

Old Posted May 1, 2014, 7:09 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by M II A II R II K View Post
You could be free to look out the window all day, probably because the maid will do the cooking!
I don't know what I would ever leave.

Anyway, the tower is making a appearance from Staten Island now....

JeffKWW

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 1, 2014, 9:54 PM

Amazing pic !!

Old Posted May 2, 2014, 2:03 PM

Core jump to 945' 6''

Old Posted May 2, 2014, 3:33 PM

Considering the speed it has had over the past weeks, by next week (about may 7th) it should be another jump, bringing the height to 961 ft. surpassing 70 Pine St. Spire.

By the beggining of the following week (about may 12th or 13th) it may happen another jump, to 976.5 feet, making it almost even with 4WTC. and later that same week (may 16th or 17th) it could be another jump more, making it 992ft or 302 meters, thus becoming a supertall.

And by the week after that (about may 21st- 22nd) it could reach 1007.5 ft, surpassing both the 1000 ft mark and One57 by three feet.

Old Posted May 2, 2014, 4:21 PM

beautiful shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILNY View Post

^That first photo is like a priceless piece of Artwork! You have captured a VERY surrealistic shot, with the sky looking so haunting on a beautiful city. An artist would want to paint this.
It's just ...Perfect! ILNY>

Old Posted May 2, 2014, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCs77 View Post
Considering the speed it has had over the past weeks, by next week (about may 7th) it should be another jump, bringing the height to 961 ft. surpassing 70 Pine St. Spire.

By the beggining of the following week (about may 12th or 13th) it may happen another jump, to 976.5 feet, making it almost even with 4WTC. and later that same week (may 16th or 17th) it could be another jump more, making it 992ft or 302 meters, thus becoming a supertall.

And by the week after that (about may 21st- 22nd) it could reach 1007.5 ft, surpassing both the 1000 ft mark and One57 by three feet.
About every 5 or 6 days we see a jump.

Old Posted May 2, 2014, 6:16 PM

Thanks NYguy for posting that great shot of the skyline from Staten Island of 432, I love long distance shots!

Old Posted May 2, 2014, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmikeyphilly View Post
^That first photo is like a priceless piece of Artwork! You have captured a VERY surrealistic shot, with the sky looking so haunting on a beautiful city. An artist would want to paint this.
yeah that picture is amazing! btw off topic, but even with all of these new towers being built.. it's crazy how the Empire State, an 80 year old building still stands out!

Old Posted May 2, 2014, 9:55 PM

Quote:
I turned that photo into a water color how do I post photos from my desk top?

Old Posted May 2, 2014, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepen915 View Post
yeah that picture is amazing! btw off topic, but even with all of these new towers being built.. it's crazy how the Empire State, an 80 year old building still stands out!
Remember that ESB is built on much higher ground than most of these new towers, so it will take a significantly taller tower to really make the ESB a "background" type building.

Also, you can see that the above pics were shot zoomed into ESB in the foreground. ESB is about 1.25 miles closer to the camera than all the u/c or planned towers around 57th. If you took the same zoomed pics from the opposite direction, ESB wouldn't look very prominent.

Old Posted May 3, 2014, 12:51 AM

ESB stands out because, after 83 years, it is still the second tallest building in Manhattan, being more than 100 meters taller than most of the surrounding towers. With 380 meters to the roof, in all of Manhattan, only 4 buildings are shorter by less than 100 meters (taller than 280 m) than ESB, three of them around the Midtown area (Chryshler, BofA and One57) the fourth tallest in Midtown, Citigroup, is 101 meters shorter, and the fifth, Trump Int. Tower, is 118 meters shorter. 30 Rock and NYT (to the parapet), 6th and 7th are 121 and 124 meters shorter. The 15th tallest in Midtown, after ESB, 383 Madison, is 150 meters shorter, so, the vast majority of towers in Midtown are more than 150 meters shorter than ESB.

The terrain elevation is not really that significant and not necessarily an advantage anyway, since it is not the higher ground in Midtown. If you explore with GE (which I found out is pretty accurate in relatively flat terrain such as Manhattan) ESB sits 15 meters above sea level, which is about the same height where 432 sits, and if you go north along Broadway or 7th ave, the terrain slightly elevates. Actually, 217 W57th will be in a terrain 9 meters higher than that of the ESB. But speaking of towers about 400 meters tall, those 9 meters are not very signicant, only about 2% of the total height.

Old Posted May 3, 2014, 1:35 AM

^^
CCs77, They are some incredible shots of New York! I love visiting the New York threads, there's just so much to see! You captured a perfect view from atop the Empire State Building! I can remember class trips from Philly when I was a youngster,(and I do mean a youngster!) Coming from the Jersey side and seeing the skyline of New York! I can still remember the chills I felt seeing so many tall buildings, but the Empire State Building, and the Chrysler Building stood out and later as I grew up, driving up to N.Y. and seeing the World Trade Towers rising (in the late 60's, early 70's). Good Gosh, I could see them from exit 6 of the Jersey Turnpike! I sure miss them, like everybody does, I'm sure. But those photos you have here on the thread brings back so many fond memories of my childhood! Thank You so much for sharing!

Old Posted May 3, 2014, 1:36 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

couple hours ago

Old Posted May 3, 2014, 4:50 AM

Quote:
^^
CCs77, They are some incredible shots of New York! I love visiting the New York threads, there's just so much to see! You captured a perfect view from atop the Empire State Building! I can remember class trips from Philly when I was a youngster,(and I do mean a youngster!) Coming from the Jersey side and seeing the skyline of New York! I can still remember the chills I felt seeing so many tall buildings, but the Empire State Building, and the Chrysler Building stood out and later as I grew up, driving up to N.Y. and seeing the World Trade Towers rising (in the late 60's, early 70's). Good Gosh, I could see them from exit 6 of the Jersey Turnpike! I sure miss them, like everybody does, I'm sure. But those photos you have here on the thread brings back so many fond memories of my childhood! Thank You so much for sharing!
Glad you like them, but just in case, let me clarify that I didn't take those pictures, they are taken from Fickr.

Here there are some others (not mine either) from New Jersey, where you can already see 432 peeking over the buildings.
BTW as Crawford pointed out, the Empire State Building stands out less from this angle, but it is still the most prominent building on the Midtown Skyline as seen in the first picture, from the Palisades near the GW Bridge (until they finish 432 and the other towers of 57th street, when ESB will lose its decades long prominence)

DSC_1037 por photolitherland, en Flickr

DSC_1011 por photolitherland, en Flickr

DSC_1031 por photolitherland, en Flickr

Old Posted May 4, 2014, 1:26 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
agreed!

out of curiosity, what bldg is under construction on the left hand side of that photo?

Old Posted May 4, 2014, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
agreed!

out of curiosity, what bldg is under construction on the left hand side of that photo?
400 Park Avenue South.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive