HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Dec 13, 2014, 3:28 PM
She needs her space

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakamesalad View Post
No, I'm just miffed that what was a glorious proposal has turned into an afterthought. I really liked the original proposal on the Pier. This fits right into the medical office nouveau of Mission Bay.
Upside is that a new arena is a great thing for the city. They had better up the capacity of the T- Line, imagine home Giants and Warriors games on the same day!
I kind of agree, though the Pier design wasn't going to happen...

Old Posted Dec 18, 2014, 12:32 PM
BANNED

Old Posted Dec 18, 2014, 10:59 PM

So depressing to lose that gorgeous Bay Bridge interior view from the last proposal...

Old Posted Dec 22, 2014, 3:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakamesalad View Post
\ They had better up the capacity of the T- Line, imagine home Giants and Warriors games on the same day!
You only have to worry about the overlap in April and May(when/if team makes the playoffs)

Old Posted Dec 22, 2014, 5:21 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

I really like this new stadium. I think the design looks great!
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Dec 24, 2014, 6:38 PM
heavy user of walkability

John King is positive about the location and design so far. he thinks it will enliven the area in a way the neighborhood needs. hope he's right. it still feels like an awkward location to me.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2014, 9:43 PM

If John King likes something, then its pretty much the uncoolest thing since the snuggie.

I remember his commentary a few years ago praising the architectural wonders of.. Target stores.

Old Posted Dec 25, 2014, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
John King is positive about the location and design so far. he thinks it will enliven the area in a way the neighborhood needs. hope he's right. it still feels like an awkward location to me.
Like most others on the forum I think everyone would have preferred the location next to the Bay Bridge, but there really are not many places in SF that an arena wouldn't feel awkward. I think next to the dinosaur of a Stadium & in te middle of a huge parking lot was awkward enough. I think over time it will feel like the location debate will just end up being a non-issue. <fingers crossed>

Old Posted Dec 25, 2014, 11:54 PM

It would seem to me that if the sky club were moved to the other endzone you could still have a view of the bay and possibly the bridge, granted it would be farther away.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2015, 10:04 PM
Droppin' Loads

Quote:
New Warriors Arena Renderings: The Restaurants And Boulevard
March 17, 2015

New renderings of the Golden State Warriors proposed Mission Bay Arena provide a better idea of the project’s proposed street-level design and pedestrian experience, including the restaurants and retail which would line Terry Francois Boulevard and the Food Hall at the corner of Terry Francois and South Street.

The detailed designs for the Westside of the arena development fronting Third Street, which includes two office towers and the main plaza rendered below, are slated to be presented next month.

http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...boulevard.html

Old Posted Mar 17, 2015, 10:47 PM

Thanks for providing the renderings. The project looks great, but I'm not sure if I am reading this correctly. Is that extra wide white tube arch structure over and near the theater entrance something easy to climb?

Old Posted Mar 18, 2015, 3:32 PM
Droppin' Loads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFView View Post
Thanks for providing the renderings. The project looks great, but I'm not sure if I am reading this correctly. Is that extra wide white tube arch structure over and near the theater entrance something easy to climb?
I don't believe you can climb that far. The area you can climb to can be seen in the rendering above the "Food Hall"

Old Posted Mar 18, 2015, 5:06 PM

One of my concerns, which honestly is a concern for Mission Bay as a whole, is how wide and large the retail frontages and floorplates continue to be. The really successful commercial corridors in our area tend to have very narrow and deep storefronts, so that one block can have potentially dozens of retail options, as well as smaller and creative businesses being able to occupy them. In virtually all Mission Bay (and Rincon Hill for that matter) developments, the retail components only have, like, 4-8 spaces per block (maybe 1 or 2 per development). That makes it hard for interesting, smaller businesses, and very, very, very easy for Walgreens/CVS, banks, etc. If we are trying to provide a vibrant commercial area for residents and visitors alike, I am just worried we are creating floorplates that will inhibit such growth.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2015, 7:34 PM

No view of the bay from the court. Interesting decision.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2015, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
I don't believe you can climb that far. The area you can climb to can be seen in the rendering above the "Food Hall"
While the intended built reality may indeed be unclimbable, the rendering of the arch appears to me to be ladder like especially at the column post.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2015, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS View Post
One of my concerns, which honestly is a concern for Mission Bay as a whole, is how wide and large the retail frontages and floorplates continue to be. The really successful commercial corridors in our area tend to have very narrow and deep storefronts, so that one block can have potentially dozens of retail options, as well as smaller and creative businesses being able to occupy them. In virtually all Mission Bay (and Rincon Hill for that matter) developments, the retail components only have, like, 4-8 spaces per block (maybe 1 or 2 per development). That makes it hard for interesting, smaller businesses, and very, very, very easy for Walgreens/CVS, banks, etc. If we are trying to provide a vibrant commercial area for residents and visitors alike, I am just worried we are creating floorplates that will inhibit such growth.
There may be other overriding constraints that prevent narrow and deep storefronts at these locations.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2015, 8:22 AM
BANNED

Old Posted Apr 10, 2015, 3:02 AM

New renderings from bizjournals of the office towers that will be part of the new Warriors arena development.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...on-bay-sf.html

Old Posted Apr 10, 2015, 6:35 AM
dazzle me

^

honestly, i love so much of the architecture of our current era of design, but when i see stuff like this it just looks dystopian.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2015, 10:08 PM

Man alive I really like this design. Yes the pier rendering was super sweet but I really didnt think that would ever happen. Will the type of fans change? Like the Oracle is in Oakland...this will be in SF.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development