HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 28, 2014, 4:42 AM

I was honestly REALLY bummed out once I found out that Pier 30/32 plan fell apart. That site would've easily made it the most spectacular-looking venue in all of sports with its breathtaking views.

However, I always look at the positive side of things. That being said, Mission Bay needs this arena more than the Embarcadero needs this arena.

The Embarcadero is already a crowded and thriving corridor filled with nice waterfront restaurants, exploratorium, and ferry building. Without the arena, Mission Bay will just be a luxury condo district surrounded by Biotech companies and hospitals. This arena, without a doubt, will be a lightning rod to attract high-end restaurants, retail, and most importantly, increased foot traffic. SF lacks a sports entertainment/nightlife district and MB will be the best place in the city to develop it in.

This development will easily be passed with very little opposition from neighbors as it is a more inland site and will trigger the development of an adjacent 5.5 acre park. I am really looking forward to the new renderings of the arena and surrounding entertainment venues.

I've been following this development since Day 1, and I will definitely be there at the ribbon cutting.

LETS GO SAN FRANCISCO WARRIORS!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development