HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Old Posted Jan 3, 2012, 4:07 AM

Looking like AirportLiink is almost completion new Metrorail extension. Finally!!

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/01/0...rnational.html

Quote:
The new line of the elevated train, from Earlington Heights Station to a new public transportation center under construction just east of the airport, will be in operation in the spring. It will be formally called AirportLink and is the first significant Metrorail extension since the system was inaugurated in 1984.

“AirportLink will provide a fast, reliable Metrorail link to MIA for millions of residents, visitors and employees who travel to and from MIA every year,” a Miami-Dade Transit press release said. “With this project, Miami-Dade joins the ranks of the great urban zones in the world with fast public transportation systems connecting to their airports.”
Are you exciting to get on new Airportlink?

Old Posted Apr 3, 2012, 5:50 AM

When they will open new AirportLink? Is that this month? Do you know which the specific date is that. Can anyone find out when they will start new AirportLink?

Sorry that I have bumped the thread back. Just want to know when they will have a grand opening celebration at new AirportLink?

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 4:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
When they will open new AirportLink? Is that this month? Do you know which the specific date is that. Can anyone find out when they will start new AirportLink?

Sorry that I have bumped the thread back. Just want to know when they will have a grand opening celebration at new AirportLink?
This was supposed to be opening this month but I've heard there are delays now & possibly looking at sometime this summer.

Anyways here are some pics from March that includes the construction of the Inter-Modal center.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 5:29 PM
Show me the blueprints

Damn this project looks great. Fantastic modern but restrained architecture. The piers look great, nice and smooth, no unneccesary grooves or cheesy ornamentation like so many other designers seems to fall for. That nook between the pier top and the concrete girder is going to be pigeon hell though.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdreamz View Post
This was supposed to be opening this month but I've heard there are delays now & possibly looking at sometime this summer.

Anyways here are some pics from March that includes the construction of the Inter-Modal center.
Those pictures are look so good! I can't wait to give a try. I didn't realize know that. Why they delayed opened new AirportLink due to construction. I didn't understand it. Isn't supposed to constructed new People Mover from Metrorail to MIA Airport?

Old Posted May 28, 2012, 1:40 AM
An Optimistic Realist

Bump. I drove down to Miami today and saw a yellow bridge-like structure by the airport. Since I didn't bring my camera, I was hoping if anyone familiar with the project could tell me about it.

Old Posted May 28, 2012, 4:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd3189 View Post
Bump. I drove down to Miami today and saw a yellow bridge-like structure by the airport. Since I didn't bring my camera, I was hoping if anyone familiar with the project could tell me about it.
You should bring the camera along with you next time. You can try to take a picture. I would love to see it. I'm curious how is construction doing? Is they almost completion the AirportLink?

Old Posted May 29, 2012, 2:47 PM

The "yellow bridgelike structure" is a horizontal crane for building overpasses in the 836/826 intersection rebuild.

As far as the airport link, I haven't been down that way in a while, but I've heard the heavy construction is complete. Just finishing it up now.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2012, 6:40 PM

MetroRail Airport Link station to open July 28,2012

The Orange Line will run between Dadeland South Metrorail Station and the new MIA Metrorail Station.
The Green Line will comprise the existing Metrorail line from Palmetto to Dadeland South Stations.
You’ll be able to transfer free between the Orange and Green lines at any station serving both lines as long as you remain within the Metrorail paid area.
To get to the new MIA Metrorail Station from north of Earlington Heights Station, board a southbound Green Line train, exit the train at Earlington Heights and board a northbound Orange Line train to the new MIA Metrorail Station.
At the new MIA Metrorail Station, follow the signs to the MIA Mover to ride directly to the airport terminal in less than five minutes.
Metrorail service will double in frequency between Dadeland South and Earlington Heights Stations (the stations that will serve both the Orange and Green lines).
Metrorail fares and hours will remain the same: $2 per trip and 5 a.m. to midnight, seven days a week.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2012, 7:03 PM

Finally!! They are going to be exciting! Can't wait to give it try. What's next metrorail extension? Maybe they will have extended service to FIU or Joe Robbie Stadium?

Here the link:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/miami...extension.html

What is exactly gonna do for now? Is they already approved it yet?

Here the map:

http://www.railway-technology.com/pr...etrorail5.html

Old Posted Jun 24, 2012, 8:00 PM
BANNED

Quote:
The Orange Line will run between Dadeland South Metrorail Station and the new MIA Metrorail Station.
The Green Line will comprise the existing Metrorail line from Palmetto to Dadeland South Stations.
You’ll be able to transfer free between the Orange and Green lines at any station serving both lines as long as you remain within the Metrorail paid area.
To get to the new MIA Metrorail Station from north of Earlington Heights Station, board a southbound Green Line train, exit the train at Earlington Heights and board a northbound Orange Line train to the new MIA Metrorail Station.
At the new MIA Metrorail Station, follow the signs to the MIA Mover to ride directly to the airport terminal in less than five minutes.
Metrorail service will double in frequency between Dadeland South and Earlington Heights Stations (the stations that will serve both the Orange and Green lines).
Metrorail fares and hours will remain the same: $2 per trip and 5 a.m. to midnight, seven days a week.

Is frequency on the green line going to remain what it was, or are they reducing it due to there being two lines now?

Old Posted Jun 24, 2012, 9:35 PM

^ I imagine that the frequency on the Green Line will stay the same.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 12:50 AM
BANNED

That's great, but if you didn't know for certain I'm not sure why you responded. I can speculate myself.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 2:20 AM

oh no he di'int. Shut down!

By the way, the new station looks insanely beautiful. Can't wait for it to reach Miami beach someday, which will mean war against the nimbys. If LA can finally get its subway across nimby territory, then Miami can do it too...

Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 3:23 PM

Frequency is supposed to to stay the same, in effect doubling the frequency south of Earlington Heights. But I'll believe it when I see it. I don't have much faith it will stay that way.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 6:08 PM
BANNED

Is it ever going to go to Miami Beach? Is there room to run tracks along one of the bridges?

Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 6:54 PM

Quote:
^ I imagine that the frequency on the Green Line will stay the same.
Yes, it will stay and they will continuation to Palmetto & Dadeland South.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Will View Post
Is it ever going to go to Miami Beach? Is there room to run tracks along one of the bridges?
Most likely not in my lifetime. As much as it pains me, this is probably the last metro extension. Countywide we'll hopefully be seeing some commuter rail options and maybe some light rail in the next decade, but the money nor the political will is there right now.

As for the connection to the beach, here was a serious proposal some 5 years ago to run a street car system from downtown to the beach (Baylink), but it was shot down my beach leaders. They didn't want all that "riff raff" from the mainland.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickell View Post
Frequency is supposed to to stay the same, in effect doubling the frequency south of Earlington Heights. But I'll believe it when I see it. I don't have much faith it will stay that way.
I hope they keep it double, as that will mean a train every 15 minutes on the common portion of the line, instead of every 30 minutes as it currently is.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2012, 5:21 AM

Hi All,

New AirportLink will opening on July 28, 2012. This is first Metrorail service extension to Miami Airport. Right now, they are testing. It just only for 2 days tests. Hoping they will be successful tests.

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/lib...-languages.pdf

Will not ready until sometime on July 28 to be first commence service to MIA Airport. They will have a inaugural ceremony at MIA Airport.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation