HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

111 Murray Street in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 21, 2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertallchaser View Post
it looks the Westin in Atlanta with a hairpiece xD
This hairpiece almost TRUMPs another famous hairpiece.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2014, 2:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaMustang View Post
This hairpiece almost TRUMPs another famous hairpiece.
i was thinking the same thing

Old Posted Mar 9, 2014, 7:32 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielson27 View Post
I just did a quick mock up of what I see in the rendering so obviously take this with a grain of salt.But this what 860 feet means for that location

Gorgeous. However, I'm wondering if this is the correct rendering? It seems something suitable for London but not New York.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2014, 10:26 PM

the true purpose of this design is to flush out any high storm surges from Lower Manhattan #thetoilethandle

Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 12:26 AM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

If that's the case, it should be next to MSG.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2014, 5:19 AM
New Yorker for life

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...yscrapers.html

Lower Manhattan Condos Rival Midtown’s Luxury Skyscrapers

By Oshrat Carmiel
Apr 8, 2014

Quote:
.....“It’s a new class of luxury product that’s being introduced,” said Kelly Kennedy Mack, president of Corcoran Sunshine. “We are seeing buyers who historically were attracted to Midtown come downtown. They’re getting the same high level of design and spectacular views.”

Downtown buildings accounted for 51 percent of Manhattan’s new-development sales last year, compared with 35 percent in 2012, according to the brokerage. Developers in the area have more than 4,000 units planned for construction or delivery within the next two years.

.....the Witkoff Group and partner Fisher Brothers are proposing a condo tower at 101 Murray St., the site of a former St. John’s University campus, that would feature large apartments. The firms are considering plans that would make it easy for buyers to combine units to create an even bigger space, Steven Witkoff, president of Witkoff Group, said in an interview.

The idea came after some buyers at Witkoff’s 150 Charles, in the West Village sought more than one apartment, he said. The 91-unit development sold out in 12 weeks last year at prices averaging about $3,400 a square foot, with condos on the upper floors topping $6,000 a square foot. Ninety-five percent of the buyers were from New York, he said.

“There’s a lot of very well-heeled, entrenched people who are prepared to pay to be down there,” Witkoff said.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2014, 11:50 AM

Color me slow on the uptake; but what does this article have to do with the chances, if any, of this project rising as is now?

Old Posted Apr 8, 2014, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPro View Post
Color me slow on the uptake; but what does this article have to do with the chances, if any, of this project rising as is now?
Well, I think the point is the article is painting a rosy picture for demand downtown. 56 Leonard is 90% sold, which is quite impressive given the price tags associated with these apartments. There is sure to be other demand elsewhere...

Old Posted Apr 8, 2014, 4:09 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPro View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Well, I think the point is the article is painting a rosy picture for demand downtown. 56 Leonard is 90% sold, which is quite impressive given the price tags associated with these apartments. There is sure to be other demand elsewhere...

And I thought it was simple. That's accurate, but more to the point...

Quote:
the Witkoff Group and partner Fisher Brothers are proposing a condo tower at 101 Murray St., the site of a former St. John’s University campus, that would feature large apartments. The firms are considering plans that would make it easy for buyers to combine units to create an even bigger space, Steven Witkoff, president of Witkoff Group, said in an interview.

The idea came after some buyers at Witkoff’s 150 Charles, in the West Village sought more than one apartment, he said. The 91-unit development sold out in 12 weeks last year at prices averaging about $3,400 a square foot, with condos on the upper floors topping $6,000 a square foot. Ninety-five percent of the buyers were from New York, he said.

“There’s a lot of very well-heeled, entrenched people who are prepared to pay to be down there,” Witkoff said.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2014, 1:01 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

NEW YORK | 101 Murray Street | 950 FT | 63 FLOORS

Revealed: 101 Tribeca, Downtown’s (Future) Tallest Residential Building

Quote:

YIMBY has the reveal for 101 Murray Street
— aka 101 Tribeca — which is being developed by Fisher Brothers and The Witkoff Group. A tipster sent along the renderings, also confirming that the tower will become the tallest residential building in Lower Manhattan, surpassing both 56 Leonard and 30 Park Place; Kohn Pedersen Fox is the architect.

Previous renderings – apparently from a design competition — were deemed inaccurate, and thankfully so; KPF’s skyscraper will gracefully tower over its surrounds without a spaceship on top. The facade sweeps upwards from the base of the tower, culminating in a pointed pinnacle approximately 950 feet above the streets below.

The 63-story building will have 129 condominiums, with its entire floor area totaling 433,800 square feet. Ceilings will be palatial, and the glassy facade will offer sweeping views over Manhattan, New Jersey, and Long Island, enhanced by the tower’s relative isolation on the skyline.

Design-wise, 101 Tribeca bears semblance to 45 East 22nd Street, which is also a KPF project; both towers will expand as they rise, taking maximum advantage of allowed FAR by pushing their bulk where it is most profitable.
The project is removed from the heart of the Financial District, and it will become one of Lower Manhattan’s most prominent buildings, especially when viewed from the north. The 950′ figure may be approximate, and 101 Tribeca seems likely to approach the ‘supertall’ threshold of 1,000′; if the below rendering is correct, it may actually be slightly taller than the 977′ 150 Greenwich Street.

ending design changes at 22 Thames — which was supposed to rise 960′, but has now traded hands — 101 Tribeca will rank as the third tallest building Downtown, behind One World Trade Center and 150 Greenwich Street. Lower Manhattan’s boom is now raging, though the former St. John’s dormitory must be demolished before construction on KPF’s latest marvel can begin.
===================================
http://www.yimbynews.com/2014/06/rev...1-tribeca.html

Old Posted Jun 13, 2014, 1:06 PM

Very nice.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2014, 1:23 PM
BANNED

Looks a bit more promising than in the "rendering" at the top With this and 56 Leonard, downtown is really going to have some defining shapes.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2014, 2:18 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Reminds me of Z15 being built in Beijing.

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Jun 13, 2014, 2:54 PM

I'm patting myself on the back for deciding to look at these renders *before* drinking my coffeee.
This makes me wonder what "Shvotime" will bring forth........

Old Posted Jun 13, 2014, 3:06 PM

Love the interesting top!

Old Posted Jun 13, 2014, 3:42 PM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

Very slick, of course, it's not very likely that it will be the tallest fidi residential, given what we now know about 22 Thames.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2014, 5:46 PM
BANNED

I actually like the UFO landing top from the previous architect. Oh well...

Old Posted Jun 13, 2014, 5:55 PM
DENNAB

It's like 1100 feet in this rendering but whatever, still awesome!

Old Posted Jun 13, 2014, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveningsong View Post
I actually like the UFO landing top from the previous architect. Oh well...
You have low or nonexistent levels of taste.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2014, 6:12 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Hopefully the final product will reach a 1000 ft. A slight extension on the architectural element would make it a solid supertall.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive