HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jun 26, 2011, 12:57 PM

This building's no longer U/C, it's been proudly inaugurated a few weeks ago
To admins & modos, you guys could reasonably move it somewhere else whenever you need to clear the U/C section.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2012, 10:34 PM
testify

this is by far the best re-cladding i've ever seen in my life, and i'm happy to give it a bump here.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2012, 1:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flight_from_kamakura View Post
this is by far the best re-cladding i've ever seen in my life, and i'm happy to give it a bump here.
I believe it is the best I have seen as well. Thanks for the bump. I assume few people will read this, but does anyone know how the cost of this compared to selling the building and constructing new on a new site?

Old Posted Mar 9, 2012, 4:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiPhi View Post
I believe it is the best I have seen as well. Thanks for the bump. I assume few people will read this, but does anyone know how the cost of this compared to selling the building and constructing new on a new site?
There are a few buildings in America I can think of which could use a rebirth of this kind.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2012, 3:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiPhi View Post
That's a kind of question that should come to everybody's mind. I'm looking for the cost of the operation... They say it costed roughly € 300 million, which seems a fair deal.

There's another example of a heavy renovation a few hundreds yards from there. It may seem less spectacular, the entire building is yet completely changed. Only the basic structure will remain.
So changing this...

Into this...

Would cost € 690 million... In fact, we don't know what's included in that amount, it just can't be the work and the materials for the renovation only. It must include some financial transactions or whatever, like really all the money involved in the operation.
As a comparison to something new, building Carpe Diem right across the boulevard would cost less than € 350 million.

I can't tell how accurate those numbers we've got are, guess they just help to get an idea.

Pictures of Eqho by pss-archi administrator MyNight and member Maza.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive