HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 3:30 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFRENCH View Post
the link to the construction timeline wouldn't work, when is this suppose to be complete? I want to try and be there when it is completed
The spire itself is supposed to take 6 mths to complete, at least according to the Port Authority. That will take place sometime next year. But as far as "complete", that could depend on your definition.

Older view up a new canyon...
Andrew Wright2009

Phil Marion

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 7:36 PM
Back to Basics

Apparently. according to today's pictures, (Like the one above and the one below) there is once again that one lone column reaching above the 76th floor to approximately the 78th floor.

( http://ph.news.yahoo.com/photos/one-...XBhZ2U-;_ylv=3 )

If so, that would put the top of that column at ~964' feet and finally above the AIG and 40 Wall Street. Effectively recapturing the Tallest in Lower Manhattan title.

(Compiled from the Diagrams Section found here: http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=8 )

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 8:12 PM
BROOKLYN

^^^ w00t!!!!!

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 8:27 PM

Location: Born and raised Clevelander, former Atlantan and Dallasite, and now 'probational' New Yorker, ha
So only the NY Times Tower, Chrysler Building, BOA Tower, and ESB left to surpass no?

www.UrbanImpressionist.com ______ Twitter: @UrbanImpress ______ UrbanImpressionist on Facebook______ UrbanImpressionist on Youtube

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 8:30 PM
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanImpressionist View Post
So only the NY Times Tower, Chrysler Building, BOA Tower, and ESB left to surpass no?
I believe that is correct. Making 1WTC New York's 5th tallest at present. (But don't get me started about NYTT! It's even more absurd that BoA! LOL)

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 8:30 PM

this is amazing...
the tallest building in Lower Manhattan, yet, it doesn't even seem like it... This tower f-ing tall but doesn't look it, since it's got such a massive footprint, it throws the scale off!

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 8:48 PM
Back to Basics

New Checklist

So perhaps it is time for a new checklist. Now that 1WTC has regained its title in Lower Manhattan, it's time for a Tallest in New York checklist:

(Compiled from the Diagrams section found here: http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=8 )

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 8:50 PM
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveve View Post
this is amazing...
the tallest building in Lower Manhattan, yet, it doesn't even seem like it... This tower f-ing tall but doesn't look it, since it's got such a massive footprint, it throws the scale off!
I totally agree with this plus... Because the base is still unclad, psychologically, it gives the illusion that the building starts and ends where where the glazing does. So the thing looks 500 feet at most.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 9:23 PM
BANNED

If you're going to say NYTT is 1,046, 4 Times Square is 1,118.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 9:46 PM
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loqy Lion View Post
If you're going to say NYTT is 1,046, 4 Times Square is 1,118.
Hey you're preaching to the choir.

I will concede the CTBUH's definition on Antenna/Mast/Spire but what I want is clear explanation as who makes the call on what a building actually has... The CTBUH or The building owner/developer?

For instance, 1WTC calls the pointy thing on its top a mast/spire not an antenna. OK fine, so it is officially counted. But how did it get called a Mast? And who decided this?

It is clearly not free standing and architecturally integrated to the building, such as the Chrysler building's pointy thing. (It has guy wires and it sits on a support platform on the roof of 1WTC)

So who gets to put the pointing things in which category?

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 10:07 PM
dream fast

I can't get enough of watching 1WTC rise... a new icon for NY, love it. Thanks for all the pics everyone.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 10:11 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traynor View Post
Hey you're preaching to the choir.

I will concede the CTBUH's definition on Antenna/Mast/Spire but what I want is clear explanation as who makes the call on what a building actually has... The CTBUH or The building owner/developer?

For instance, 1WTC calls the pointy thing on its top a mast/spire not an antenna. OK fine, so it is officially counted. But how did it get called a Mast? And who decided this?

It is clearly not free standing and architecturally integrated to the building, such as the Chrysler building's pointy thing. (It has guy wires and it sits on a support platform on the roof of 1WTC)

So who gets to put the pointing things in which category?
I just judge height by pinnacle height. I don't care about any official crap.

4TS is 1,118, Bloomberg is 941, etc.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 10:42 PM

Location: Born and raised Clevelander, former Atlantan and Dallasite, and now 'probational' New Yorker, ha
Quote:
I believe that is correct. Making 1WTC New York's 5th tallest at present. (But don't get me started about NYTT! It's even more absurd that BoA! LOL)

I was thinking the exact same but didn't want to stir up any waves

On another note: This angled shot from the southeast of the site at posted by hunser from 2011-07-26 80 von in.formed auf Flickr is just one of the most [insert any and every over-the-top positive adjective here] photograph I've ever seen. No one word describes it!

www.UrbanImpressionist.com ______ Twitter: @UrbanImpress ______ UrbanImpressionist on Facebook______ UrbanImpressionist on Youtube

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 10:52 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Quote:
Apparently. according to today's pictures, (Like the one above and the one below) there is once again that one lone column reaching above the 76th floor to approximately the 78th floor.

If so, that would put the top of that column at ~964' feet and finally above the AIG and 40 Wall Street. Effectively recapturing the Tallest in Lower Manhattan title.

(Compiled from the Diagrams Section found here: http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=8 )

You may as wells start comparing the FT to ALL skyscrapers in NYC.

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 10:55 PM
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCzech View Post
You may as wells start comparing the FT to ALL skyscrapers in NYC.
Ummmm .... I did... Look up a few posts.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanImpressionist View Post
i know there is always the discussion about where the height should be measured (roof vs spire et al) but to put 1WTC next to BofA and to state that BofA is taller is mildly insane

edir:oops i should have read a post or two later, sorry , i wasn't trying to stir the pot

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 11:24 PM

Wink

Interesting to know that 4WTC will a bit taller then what 1WTC is now

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 11:36 PM

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 11:42 PM

Like the views from the distance in Queens!

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 11:43 PM
An Optimistic Realist

Quote:

I don't know about you guys,but this tower already looks at the empire state building in the same eye now.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive