HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighbor View Post
Also missing is the suspended bike bridge and I do not see the spanish stairs either.
From the article:
"...the new mixed-use project will form a connection between the two amenities with a 130-foot wide grand staircase from the Beltline.

“We want people to be able to 
flow seamlessly through this space,” Irwin said."

I think people should feel free to critique (I have a SLEW of comments, myself!), but also realize they do not have the site plan, additional renderings, and may not have all of the context related to the development yet.

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 3:29 PM

I understand the criticism because a lot has changed from the original concept but I love it! It reminds me of something you would see in Rotterdam or some other European city. I think we will be pleased as we see the plans in more detail.

Last edited by Martinman; May 10, 2019 at 8:48 PM.

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
I understand the criticism because it's a lot has changed from the original concept but I love it! It reminds me of something you would see in Rotterdam or some other European city. I think we will be pleased as we see the plans in more detail.
I will add, if they include a technology component similar to 837 Samsung, as the architecture firm previously developed and noted inspired 760 Ralph McGill... it will bring something to Atlanta we don't have anywhere else in the city.

I think people will become more interested as more details are announced.

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 11:21 PM

Both firms, Morris Adjmi and Olson Kundig, do really great work.

If these are the first renderings, the project designs will likely get better and better.

It is ok to push them, however, some New York or Seattle firms may not realize Atlanta is way ready-- thirsting-- for very progressive architecture.

Old Posted May 11, 2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalResNativAtlant View Post
Both firms, Morris Adjmi and Olson Kundig, do really great work.

If these are the first renderings, the project designs will likely get better and better.

It is ok to push them, however, some New York or Seattle firms may not realize Atlanta is way ready-- thirsting-- for very progressive architecture.

They have some really interesting projects in their portfolio. I think both are excellent choices for this project.

https://www.ma.com/wp-content/upload...1-1180x997.png

https://www.ma.com/wp-content/upload...g-109-AK-w.png

https://www.ma.com/wp-content/upload..._-1180x831.png

https://olsonkundig.com/wp-content/u...5-959x1440.jpg

Old Posted May 11, 2019, 5:48 PM

This is on the BeltLine DRC agenda:
https://beltlineorg-wpengine.netdna-..._-May-2019.pdf

“NEW Business: 750/760 Ralph McGill Blvd, NE – KIMLEY-HORN AND ASSOCIATES
The property is zoned MRC-3. The project is a phased mixed used development, and Phase One includes: (1) a North Angier and Rankin Street extensions (private streets functioning as public streets), a publicly accessible 1-acre plaza, bike and pedestrian vertical circulation from the BeltLine to Historic Fourth Ward Park; (2) an office building with retail space; (3) boutique hotel with supporting retail; (4) a residential building, and three-levels of below grade shared parking with 2,400 spaces. The project zoning and total buildout anticipates a 140-room hotel, 1,100 residential units, 1,100,00 SF of office, 200,00 SF of retail, 295,603 SF usable open space, and 105,000 SF of public space on a 11.99 acre site.”

Old Posted May 12, 2019, 2:26 PM

I think that from the aerial view, the hotel is making the office buildings appear as a single really bulky building. But from the Beltline, I don't think the office buildings will have that appearance at all.

Old Posted May 13, 2019, 3:23 PM

By the way, phase 2 would go on the site labeled "multi-family/retail block". It's going to be quite dense around the park.

Old Posted May 13, 2019, 3:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
By the way, phase 2 would go on the site labeled "multi-family/retail block". It's going to be quite dense around the park.
Total build-out could include 1,100 residential units. I wonder if the multi-family and townhome build-out may become more dense than originally portrayed. I would support more residential density for the area.

Also makes me wonder when we'll see more infill between North Ave and Wabash... There's a handful of lots that I imagine will one day be redeveloped (AT&T parking, the majority between Wabash & Rankin, west side of the block of AMLI Ponce Park).

Old Posted May 13, 2019, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Let's not forget that this site plan does not include the 750 Ralph McGill parcel, which is adjacent to Venkmans and also acquired by New City. That will be included with the phase II project undoubtedly. I also heard rumors that New City was negotiating with the Nu Grape lofts HOA about a possible swap for their surface parking lot, but I don't know if that went anywhere. If I were Nu Grape I would love to have some deeded parking spots inside a parking deck instead of parking in that tiny surface lot they have.

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 6:05 PM

Yeah those places are good as hell. Great to have them working on this project!

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg View Post
Let's not forget that this site plan does not include the 750 Ralph McGill parcel, which is adjacent to Venkmans and also acquired by New City. That will be included with the phase II project undoubtedly. I also heard rumors that New City was negotiating with the Nu Grape lofts HOA about a possible swap for their surface parking lot, but I don't know if that went anywhere. If I were Nu Grape I would love to have some deeded parking spots inside a parking deck instead of parking in that tiny surface lot they have.
This would be a good land swap for the area. I'm hopeful New City will incorporate another housing development in phase 2. I'd prefer to see MFH and condos or apartments to townhomes, however. Just not enough people live in those townhomes (even though they are nice infill to the area, I'd rather see them a bit further from the BeltLine than directly on it).

Old Posted Jun 11, 2019, 8:27 PM

Some better quality renderings of the office towers.

https://twitter.com/cbenderatl/statu...25525654290433

Old Posted Oct 14, 2019, 2:11 PM

Any news on this? I seem to recall demo slated to start this year, but I haven't seen a thing so far.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2019, 2:54 PM

Quote:
Any news on this? I seem to recall demo slated to start this year, but I haven't seen a thing so far.
I don't think we will see movement on this until next year, given their current 750 ponce project is just opening and they haven't announced tenants yet. It is not clear whether they have occupied the whole building or not. I have seen some articles saying there are unconfirmed reports that tenants have grabbed large blocks, but I don't believe there have been any official announcements. Seems like they will need to get some official action on that building before financing will work for the new building.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2019, 3:11 PM

Quote:
I don't think we will see movement on this until next year, given their current 750 ponce project is just opening and they haven't announced tenants yet. It is not clear whether they have occupied the whole building or not. I have seen some articles saying there are unconfirmed reports that tenants have grabbed large blocks, but I don't believe there have been any official announcements. Seems like they will need to get some official action on that building before financing will work for the new building.
It's Official: BlackRock Taking 120K SF At 725 Ponce

McKinsey & Co. moving 65K SF Atlanta office to BeltLine

Old Posted Oct 14, 2019, 6:00 PM

Quote:
I think it's notable the building's website also used to have floorplans and leasing information but now shows very little besides the location, history, and a link to the current tenant portal. Doesn't look like the website of a new building trying to attract prospective tenants: https://725ponce.com/

Last edited by atlantaarchitect; Oct 14, 2019 at 6:01 PM. Reason: grammatical error

Old Posted Oct 14, 2019, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaarchitect View Post
I think it's notable the building's website also used to have floorplans and leasing information but now shows very little besides the location, history, and a link to the current tenant portal. Doesn't look like the website of a new building trying to attract prospective tenants: https://725ponce.com/
You are right- good catch, thanks for the info from both of you. There used to be detailed info on this site about the floorplans, but that is now removed.
Perhaps they will try to keep momentum with the new project. This is pretty exciting for the area IMO.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 1:16 PM

I believe that Starbucks corporate is also occupying space in the building.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 1:26 PM

Quote:
I believe that Starbucks corporate is also occupying space in the building.
Thanks to jwbab for the tip that permits have been filed for demolition, grading, and arborist.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta